OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Revelations. Pale Horse is a representation of death in the Bible.

For me, I always felt there was a biblical aspect to ASOIAF. I just thought the white walkers were going to usher in destruction to King’s Landing but it was Dany :picard:
FWIW, I’m almost certain Dany will burn King’s landing in the books :manny:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
- clegane bowl was wtf...

- randomly following arya, unless she's now directing her vengence toward dany, another sort of "why", we knew you're not going to kill her

- they played too hard on the "i love my kids/save my baby" angle for cersei, it doesn't work, she's a c*nt who very much deserved to die, wish it would've been a worse death

- as i said last, week, jamie is the biggest simp in this series...

- tyrion :francis:

- grey worm put in work :banderas:

- the random fight with euron was superfluous as well, we coulda seen him die on the boat and called it a day, not like he killed jamie nor that jamie's injuries prevented the final outcome of them being trapped under the keep

- kinda weird for that episode to finally happen and i feel nothing, again, this rushed storytelling just makes so many of these big arcs and events feel like they're less than, i guess it was cool to see the city burn, but i don't feel like i got anything from that visually that i didn't get from seeing people burn in the loot train episode

overall :ld:
I figure Jaime killing Euron was supposed to be the payoff for basically erasing his arc and bringing him back to step 1. It makes sense that Euron would want him dead, and that Jaime would have to defend himself, it's just...that he's the only guy who survived mass dragon fire. However, boats being destroyed has meant nothing in this post battle at Blackwater world

FWIW, I’m almost certain Dany will burn King’s landing in the books :manny:
Most of the big points in the book are gonna be the same as the show, I pray people dont think THESE writers just came up with an ending

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Terrible episode. Terrible season. Dany has never been mad, she's been impulsive and entitled at times, but never mad like her father. If they wanted to go this route, they should have been planting the seeds throughout the seasons, but it is unreasonable to expect fans to embrace this sudden heel turn in the span of two episodes. I never thought I would feel this way, but I don't think I can rewatch this series ever again. It's not just the bullshyt way they're making Dany go mad, but its the White Walker plotline, how little R+L=J really means. Bran has continued to be pointless even though so many were sacrificed to keep him safe. What's the point of this show? They say the ending was supposed to be bittersweet, but this is nothing but bitterness. It's even worse when you consider HBO was begging the writers to make more seasons, but the writers themselves chose to condense everything in six episodes and rush the story like this :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think lost in the Dany stuff is...people failed to pay attention to what she really did after her other dragon got dropped. She went straight at them! She gauged them to see how long it would take to reload them Scorpions. Remember how they were all sited up and she was able to easily out maneuver them.

Sure, but why not just turn around, make Drogon fly behind the fleet and burn them right then and there? If she needed to lose Rhaegar, kill him at the Battle of Winterfell.

I guess we needed a reason for Missandei to get taken and killed. But that was still a bunch of bullshyt that ended up being "they somehow take her in the water and she somehow survived the scorpions decimating every boat". They could easily yadda yadda their way for Missandei to get taken without Euron's "surprise" attack.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I thought the ep was fukking FIRE!! The Arya scenes were fukking intense, more intense than the battle of Winterfell for her. Loved the Cleganebowl. Hated how Cersei and Jamie died, that was kind of garbage. Loved how they set up either Jon or Arya slicing up Grey Worm (fukk that unich). I HATE Raegar, but his son Aegon raised the honorable Neddard Stark, is the rightful king*

*all depending on if Stannis comes out of the forest to kill every single one of the usurping fukk faces.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

Nuance

We been said Dany could've taken her 3 Dragons and killed Cersei immediately in season 7. No other person had to die. Cersei had no idea she was even there. But Tyrion and Varys gave her dumb advice and then try to kill her for it.

In this episode, Kings Landing had months of preparation, hired an elite guard AND had 50 scorpions. Gone in 5 minutes from one Dragon

"You wanna turn her into the Mad Queen, fukk it. Ita yall show.Burn it and let's see the CGI then:yeshrug:"