OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were negotiating with Disney while simutaneously telling HBO they couldn't possibly do a full final season of Game Of Thrones due to some bullshyt excuses. HBO was offering extra money to change their mind, not knowing they were negotiating cable TV money against Disney film money. There was no way HBO was gonna win that, $$$ wise. I've heard people say that Disney pulled the offer after seeing how bad the final season was but I don't buy it. I don't think they ever really had an intention to really give those idiots a film unless it was an undeniable smash hit script idea. Personally? I think they were sabotaging HBO. Let's not forget, Disney+ launched in late 2019, about six months after the final Game Of Thrones season ended. HBO announced their own new streaming service (Max) in 2020. I can't prove it but it sure looked to me like Disney deliberately fukked up HBO's biggest show in anticipation of competing with them in the streaming market.
It ain't that deep. Disney, in preparation for Disney+ and their overall greed, was trying to crank out projects nonstop

Rian Johnson was offered a new Star Wars trilogy around the time D&D were offered their project, then in 2020 they announced nine more Star Wars series. They fell back on all of this only because they turned the SW so bad

Nit to mention all the MCU shyt they announced and cranked out :francis:

Disney was just trying to flood the market because they thought they were invincible that's all. They offered D&D a project because they were the head of the most popular show on TV

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Nikkas don't want this like they think they do:snoop:

And Robert's Rebellion has been told damn near start to finish throughout the show
They left some parts out like how Robert and Ned got out of Gulltown, whether Ned actually effed one of them bishes in The Three Sisters, The Tyrell siege of Storms End thT had Stannis eating horses, rats, and cats, and dogs, Rhagar sneaking down to Dorne for a divorce, marriage, childbirth, and honeymoon all at the same time, last but not least the Battle of the Bells.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Im still on season 2...Prince Theon :snoop:
This man deserved everything that happened to him
hknylcnsy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My brother was rewatching S6 this weekend and man...they fukked that shyt up so bad. There are certainly still really good parts in S6 but not enough to hide the bad writing and decisions. The way they manufactured tension between Sansa and Jon just to create bullshyt drama was pathetic. To me that decision was a sign of how bad things would become.

Also the way Jon basically got sidelined after his return, from the Sansa bullshyt to the end battle in the final season...I have no idea what they were thinking. They jumped the shark on subverting expectations and completely missed what GRRM was doing in the books. It was never about blind "they think x so we do y" subverting of expectations. They also really struggled pacing stories, and ended up constantly adding too much random violence (or sexual violence) to entertain people. At one point the High Sparrow storyline is slogging along while the Arya story slogs along and Dorne slogs along etc etc. All while Dany is bogged down in Meereen, the return to the Dothraki etc. Each storyline is slow walked with a random fit of violence thrown in to wake people up. I just don't get whey they decided to veer so far from the book plots on this stuff.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Im watching the black water episode, King joffrey cant die soon enough :stopitslime:
Talking shyt about Stannis, making Sansa kiss his sword before the battle and then cowering behind his mothers skirts:pacspit:

How could anyone be Team Lannister is beyond me
At least Clegane saw the light. fukk the king

Last edited:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
wait so they had this planned all along?
i dont remember this scene.

And her escaping Qarth that was kind of stupid. A warlock who can bend reality was killed by a baby dragon. And after, they sacked the city with 10 men

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
wait so they had this planned all along?
i dont remember this scene.

And her escaping Qarth that was kind of stupid. A warlock who can bend reality was killed by a baby dragon. And after, they sacked the city with 10 men

I don't remember this at all. It might finally be the time for a rewatch

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Had what planned? The end?

I'm sure George did

They changed it in the show. In the books, Dany sees a vision of the Red Wedding before it happens.

She came upon a feast of corpses. Savagely slaughtered, the feasters lay strewn across overturned chairs and hacked trestle tables, asprawl in pools of congealing blood. Some had lost limbs, even heads. Severed hands clutched bloody cups, wooden spoons, roast fowl, heels of bread. In a throne above them sat a dead man with the head of a wolf. He wore an iron crown and held a leg of lamb in one hand as a king might hold a scepter.

Easier to portray visions in a novel, whereas if they did that in the second season of GoT viewers would be anticipating something bad happening at an upcoming wedding.

She also sees things in the book that weren't pursued in the show. In the books, there's a Targaryen pretender who arises (with the help of Varys and, unbeknownst to him, Tyrion). Dany sees a vision of a fake dragon she must defeat. She also sees a vision of what seems to be Stannis, with the implication that he is a lie she must slay (ie he's not the Prince Who Was Promised and his flaming sword is not Lightbringer). She also sees a massive stone dragon that breaths shadow fire. Which could be a literal undead dragon like in the show....but most people think it's greyscale, and that there will be a large outbreak of it in Kings Landing (via a character who isn't in the show). Which may be why she burns the city in the books, but we don't know yet.

She also seems multiple hints or things that allude to Jon Snow. Her future is also revealed in sets of three. Including three betrayals she must face: one for blood, one for gold, and one for love.

Basically she sees a bunch of wild shyt that wouldn't be filmable without a big budget lol.

Last edited:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
This dude Jamie :gucci:
Why was he such an a$$hole to Brienne? I mean, she was taking him home so why fukk with her and slow her down? Him slowing her down is the reason they got captured
I get that getting returned like a sack of potatoes to his family by a woman, instead of escaping was kind of humiliating but still