OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

The Mountain killed Beric off screen (probably while they both were being recasted, Thoros, a failed fire priest and first thru the breach at Pyke, brought him back. Thoros was sent back to Westeros to convert Robert to the Lord of Light, Robert converted him to drinking. Milasandre converted Stannis anyway.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its like multiple people behind the scenes were fed up with the show and just wanted to get it over with. I'm wondering why
The show runners had a bunch of big shyt lined up.

They had the HBO show Confederacy lined up and were hired to do some Star Wars movies.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The show runners had a bunch of big shyt lined up.

They had the HBO show Confederacy lined up and were hired to do some Star Wars movies.

They were negotiating with Disney while simutaneously telling HBO they couldn't possibly do a full final season of Game Of Thrones due to some bullshyt excuses. HBO was offering extra money to change their mind, not knowing they were negotiating cable TV money against Disney film money. There was no way HBO was gonna win that, $$$ wise. I've heard people say that Disney pulled the offer after seeing how bad the final season was but I don't buy it. I don't think they ever really had an intention to really give those idiots a film unless it was an undeniable smash hit script idea. Personally? I think they were sabotaging HBO. Let's not forget, Disney+ launched in late 2019, about six months after the final Game Of Thrones season ended. HBO announced their own new streaming service (Max) in 2020. I can't prove it but it sure looked to me like Disney deliberately fukked up HBO's biggest show in anticipation of competing with them in the streaming market.