OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
God I miss this show
I don't because scrolling through reddit once every couple of months these pop up and remind me how badly they ruined the show :upsetfavre:

z1idmf5vhji61.png

tuwaq5qfe3451.jpg

c2dezkgpt8c61.png

:upsetfavre:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Only season that was bad. Seasons 5-7 were still good..
7 was bad/rushed as well, not pure trash like 8, but it wasn't good. 5 was shaky mostly on an underdeveloped, poorly written and poorly cast dorne/sand snake storyline. but 13 episodes for the final two seasons is still the WOAT TV decision ever, my anger has been at HBO for letting that happen. D&D should've been booted if they wanted to leave

Daps
7 was bad/rushed as well, not pure trash like 8, but it wasn't good. 5 was shaky mostly on an underdeveloped, poorly written and poorly cast dorne/sand snake storyline
Seasons 1-4 were the peak of the show and possibly the best four seasons of television we have ever seen with the amount of twists and turns and major character deaths
No tv moment has topped the red wedding in terms of shock
Too bad D&D fumbled the bag

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Seasons 1-4 were the peak of the show and possibly the best four seasons of television we have ever seen with the amount of twists and turns and major character deaths
No tv moment has topped the red wedding in terms of shock
Too bad D&D fumbled the bag
what?! arya killing the knight king didn't top that for you! :troll:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
7 was bad/rushed as well, not pure trash like 8, but it wasn't good. 5 was shaky mostly on an underdeveloped, poorly written and poorly cast dorne/sand snake storyline. but 13 episodes for the final two seasons is still the WOAT TV decision ever, my anger has been at HBO for letting that happen. D&D should've been booted if they wanted to leave

HBO was put in a bad position and this is one of the ONLY times i’ll ever kinda of ride with a network over the talent/creators. HBO offered D&D a BLANK CHECK to make seasons 7&8 longer. Do you know how many newborn babies a Showrunner would murder for a BLANK CHECK from ANY network let alone muthafukking HBO? They also tried to pay them more to make more seasons, I believe they wanted 10 seasons out of GOT but D&D turned it all down. And before seasons 7&8 RUINED the franchise D&D had all of the leverage. GOT was a worldwide phenomenon and by all accounts the actors and crew had a good relationship with them. George RR Martin DIRECTLY gave D&D his blessing to adapt the novels. They had a LOT of goodwill. So HBO replacing them would have been HUGELY controversial and all D&D would have to say was that HBO cares more about money than proper storytelling and every season after D&D’s departure would have been relentlessly criticized and unfairly compared to the previous seasons.

NOBODY knew that D&D were going to shyt the ned the way they did. It made more sense to let them execute their “grand plan” than to step in and be the “evil corporate suits” who replaced two “genius level” showrunners. It wouldn’t have worked out. Hindsight is 20/20.