OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Which one breh? He should have been burnt and ate by Drogon, burnt and blown to pieces by undead Viserion, and broken his neck when he fell off Rhaegal

Man looks Death in the face like :troll:
have they ever disclosed wtf Jon standing up and screaming at viserion was about :heh: just leave him cowered behind the rock brehs...wtf :snoop:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
have they ever disclosed wtf Jon standing up and screaming at viserion was about :heh: just leave him cowered behind the rock brehs...wtf :snoop:
I took it as him accepting his fate and being ready to die, but they never touched on it because they didn't have time to touch on anything :mjlol: fukked around and made R+L=J completely irrelevant other than a reason to say "I don't wahn eit":mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This you tube rewrite would have been a much better ending for this series

Awful trash. Fan fiction crap that goes against the outcome that GRRM wants. This is his world, he invented it and he has the only outcome.

Any fan rewrites of the season must still retain the same major plot points or they are bushes status from the jump

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Awful trash. Fan fiction crap that goes against the outcome that GRRM wants. This is his world, he invented it and he has the only outcome.

Any fan rewrites of the season must still retain the same major plot points or they are bushes status from the jump

the way the story is supposed to end is fine and has a lot of potential. it was just rushed.

the dany stuff has already been mentioned: no build up and an unfulfilling end, and the other characters are also obvious.

but they completely neglected fleshing out bran as well, who was part of the top 3 most important characters. they should have been showing more of those quick visions hinting at the future during season 7 and 8, and him travelling around while warging. they just had him making pedo faces and acting like a weirdo.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
the way the story is supposed to end is fine and has a lot of potential. it was just rushed.

the dany stuff has already been mentioned: no build up and an unfulfilling end, and the other characters are also obvious.

but they completely neglected fleshing out bran as well, who was part of the top 3 most important characters. they should have been showing more of those quick visions hinting at the future during season 7 and 8, and him travelling around while warging. they just had him making pedo faces and acting like a weirdo.
I'm aware of all this and I agree completely. But stupid fan re-writes that I keep seeing posted are even worse than what D&D put out because they go completely against what the creator of the world has in store for it.

D&D could have easily decided that George's ending is too complex from an 'internal monologue' perspective to translate to TV and abandonded it for something more translatable. But I give them credit for sticking with GRRM's vision despite doing it at a 3rd grade level

The expert writer fans on youtube and forums can kick rocks unless they present the D&D ending in a more fleshed out and believable form

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm aware of all this and I agree completely. But stupid fan re-writes that I keep seeing posted are even worse than what D&D put out because they go completely against what the creator of the world has in store for it.

D&D could have easily decided that George's ending is too complex from an 'internal monologue' perspective to translate to TV and abandonded it for something more translatable. But I give them credit for sticking with GRRM's vision despite doing it at a 3rd grade level

The expert writer fans on youtube and forums can kick rocks unless they present the D&D ending in a more fleshed out and believable form

I get what you are saying but the only way to make GRRM's ending work in the context of the TV is rewriting part of Season 7 too, youtubers ain't got time for that :mjlol:they just want to put out a quick 20 minute video for views and likes.

I don't think you can make the Bran arc feel earned/fulfilling in just 6 episodes. Specially because TV show Bran was pretty useless for 70% of the time. D&D never knew what to do with him, they fact they took him off an entire season because they were caught up with the books and couldn't come up with anything for him - which they were forced to do later anyway - shows they weren't eager to work with that character.

Them sticking with this ending is pretty surprising considering what they did in the last 4 seasons. I wonder when they decided they were gonna stick to Bran as King ending because there's no way they had that planned years in advance. Even if they say it was I wouldn't believe it, there's no way you treat your "winner" like an afterthought for so long if you plan to make him the final ruler of the world.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

If they weren’t going to actually flesh out GRRMs ending then they should have just created their own ending. A full hearted attempt to do the straight forward story that is easier to tell and more palpable to their style of storytelling is better than a half assed attempt to reach the ambitious end point that GRRM plans to do.

The story has been fan fiction for years anyway.