OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
they called him Beric Dogdarrien.:russ:

i really feel bad that i finally convinced my brother to watch (before this season started), i want to tell him to stop at season 6...and give him select episodes of season 7, and select scenes of season 8
Don't ruin the experience because you didn't like it, let him decide.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
It's such an amazing story, such a shame man how it faltered at the home stretch. I'm still pissed. The best we can hope for is if someone does an animated series post season 6. I bet someone could get 8 figures crowd sharing for the production.

Sweet Robin though :dame:

Can't wait till all the nerds start dropping the 1 hour
full
theory videos to tie up loose strings and make the shyt seem deeper than it is.

I really was interested in the Lord of Light angle. Like vary's voice in the fire etc. Plus that bish with the mask who helped #targset in Qarth. All got bushed though. We just have the juelzing on youtube.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Return? They were never in Westeros to return to it.

I guess Daario could want to avenge Dany, but I don't know what that entails. Murdering Tyrion? Going north of the Wall to murder Jon? All that would've happened after the events of the finale, so I don't get your confusion.

She didn't bring them from Mereen to fight the Night King cuz they'd be non-factors, there'd be no point. Wouldn't be worth letting slaver's bay slip back into hands of the masters just to have a few more bodies to throw at the army of the dead. Never mind the amount of time it would have taken them to get from Mereen to Winterfell.
Season 7 had more good episodes than season 8 (I thought the first half of the season was fine) but the worst parts of that seasons were as bad or worse than the worst parts of this season. Game of Thrones became an Avengers parody with Beyond the Wall and the show hasn’t been good since.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i think the ending makes sense but the storytelling to get there was pretty bad. it was logical for every character to go the direction they did but man season 7-8 had a lot of bad moments that made this anti-climatic. a lot of goofy stuff happened that threw the story and character arcs off. i wish GoT ended on a better note but whatever. it was a nice run while it lasted. hopefully the prequels deliver.

if GRRM ever decides to finish the book then i'll start that back up. i finished book 1 but never bothered moving forward since i was on season 3 of the tv show and they were very similar.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
S1 - 9.12
S2 - 9.04
S3 - 9.11
S4 - 9.33
S5 - 8.9
S6 - 9.12
S7 - 9.19
S8 - 6.97

IMDB ratings for the series. :mjlol: at season 7 being the second highest rated
S7 with the slight edge over S3 and 6 :leon: I remember they hated on that season, two years later and look :sas2:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The show really ended with the season 6 finale but the first four episodes of season 7 weren’t bad despite how rushed everything was. To me the series dipped in quality without any recovery with season 7 episode five.

The season got worse as it went on. I never seen anything like it in my life.

Eps 1-2 were ok, if a bit repetitive. Still hope they could stick the landing.

3 after Arya killed the Night King it was kinda like :patrice:"this could go either way"

4-6 was a roller coaster straight down into :flabbynsick: ville. Hence the thread title change.

These cats really ruined a GOAT level show in 6 eps. It's damn near impressive.

Fred.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
i think the ending makes sense but the storytelling to get there was pretty bad. it was logical for every character to go the direction they did but man season 7-8 had a lot of bad moments that made this anti-climatic. a lot of goofy stuff happened that threw the story and character arcs off. i wish GoT ended on a better note but whatever. it was a nice run while it lasted. hopefully the prequels deliver.

if GRRM ever decides to finish the book then i'll start that back up. i finished book 1 but never bothered moving forward since i was on season 3 of the tv show and they were very similar.

the fat fukk will make a hunnid million plus if he gets the books out ASAP and pushes the angle that D&D didn't tell the story properly.

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
The season got worse as it went on. I never seen anything like it in my life.

Eps 1-2 were ok, if a bit repetitive. Still hope they could stick the landing.

3 after Arya killed the Night King it was kinda like :patrice:"this could go either way"

4-6 was a roller coaster straight down into :flabbynsick: ville. Hence the thread title change.

These cats really ruined a GOAT level show in 6 eps. It's damn near impressive.

Fred.
Breaking Bad still on top :smugfavre:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Again, I'm happy for Sophie Turners character..That last shot of Sansa finally being able to take a deep breath while they chant "Queen Of The North!!" Warmed my heart as much as any one scene did. That was sweet...That was great face acting on her part. You could see the relief on her face as she's being crowned....for some reason that got to me, in a good way...

:wow:

I'm not saying I cried...:dame: but that was a very rewarding scene.

:yeshrug:

Besides that, trash finale and Sansa could've done more for Jon. But I'm happy for her nonetheless moreso than anyone else..

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
This, Battlestar Galactica, and Star Trek Enterprise have had the worst series endings ever televised, defying character logic just to be "different"....

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
The Jon and Jaime dualities. :ohhh:

Both desperate to be men of honour.

Both gave up their lands and titles to serve the realm/the king.

Both killed Monarchs they had sworn oaths to.

Both fell in love with close relatives and had to choose.

Jaime gave in to the incest and died with it when he could've stayed in the North and lived happily ever after.

Jon knifed his moment of temptation Master Aemon warned had him about.. and returns to his original plan an honourable man who shall take no lands nor titles... for the Watch.

:wow:
He's probably the new wildling king.