OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I tried rationalizing this shyt but :francis:

Jon Snow went from b*stard to the beloved king of the north, dude was a badass and had the north rocking and ready to ride for him :wow:

Then the last season dude suddenly can’t make any choices for himself and he’s lost all conviction

Dude was a shell of himself this whole season

fukk this show :scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In Mereen ruling the city like Dany left him to do. Why this confuses so many I have no idea.

Season 7 had great spectacle (just like season 8 did) but the writing was just as trash. Even that scene you posted didn't really make sense....the Night King taking a Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary to take out a flying Viserion instead of taking the Tom Brady dink/dunk and hitting the biggest dragon chilling on the ground, stranding the most important characters to get the equivalent of 6 rings. :comeon:

Season 7 didn't have an episode as boring as the series finale tho, that's the only edge I'd give it.

because you would have thought number 1 war against the night king they would need every man they could get

danerys finally about to attack westeros word would hve got out
danerys killed and they just stand still and not return?

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not addressing every bullet point here because, no offense, it's all nonsense but this part in particular is reason enough to disregard your whole post.

Jon was a complete non-factor in defeating the WW. Did you miss the outrage over him not killing the Night King?

I get that "my favorite show fell off a fukking cliff" is a bitter pill to swallow but some of you cats are clearly completely removed from reality and in full blown stan mode.

Fred.
One thing big bro - you gotta stop being emotional. We are talking about a fantasy tv show lmao!

Any how, to discuss civilly -

Jon Snow only is the reason that any armies believed there was a NK, where prepared, where setup for the major standoff at Winterfell, had DragonGlass, and had everything in place for Arya to make her kill.

If Jon didn't do any of that the world would be over. So essentially it was Jon Snow, Arya made the kill but Jon called the plays, created the roster and had the Gameplan etc etc.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
seeing Tyrion fixing all those chairs then my guys Davos and Bronn walked in the room

:salute:

then Brienne and Pod joined. only person missing from that table was the original Gossip Girl Varys.

it's hard to buy Jon loving Dany as much as he said he did.
mainly because they had zero chemistry...almost like they were family members or something.

:sas1:

the dragon burning the throne...symbolic garbage.

i can't be the only person that thought when Jon was on his horse travelling with the Wildings that the dragon was going to appear and it would be with him since he the only Targaryen left was i ?

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Dragon just sleeping under the ash and shyt lol

That's the dragon equivalent of a dude waking up in a pool of his own puke surrounded by empty bottles and a woman way out of his league.:lolbron:

Drogon had one good ass night balling out in the big city, pouring rivers of fire out for his fallen brothers. He'll clean up when he's ready.:yeshrug:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I maybe late on this, but why didn’t Sam just say the truth about Jon and essentially let him free and reign?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The title change and the way the sticky got thrown in the bushes soon as this shyt ended

:mjlol:

Dani, Cersei & Jaime were all top 5 important characters and all 3 of their deaths were anti climatic as fukk, how sway?

Iv never seen such a critically acclaimed and well loved show fall so fukking far off in the final stretch, those 2 dikkheads ain’t shyt :deadrose:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I was one of the few here that fukked with Episode 5 and was excited for Dany’s heel turn.

Episode 6 = worst GOT episode BY FAR. No question. What the hell was this?! :hhh:

-Dany walking around the throne room with no security?! :mindblown: Cersei had the Mountain 24/7. Every king had at least one kingsguard on deck. Even the Mad King had Jamie by his side just in case. Makes no sense whatsoever and makes Dany look like an idiot.

-Dany’s death was wack :camby:. Show had her do what she did the previous episode only for her to go out like this?:wtf:

-Drogon shows up and doesn’t kill Jon?!:why:

-Unsullied and Dothraki didn’t kill Jon on sight?! :what: The Queen got murked and they only detain the prisoner and the former hand who turned?! :scust:

-That whole council meeting......wack:snoop:

-what makes Bran such a good pick?! What leadership qualities does he posses? And why is everyone (especially Dorne and the Iron Islands) cool with Sansa pushing for the North’s independence? That should’ve ended the unified kingdom right then and there. :francis:

Jon did all he did only to end up at the Night’s Watch? What is there to watch anyway? :gucci:

-Grey Worm not killing Tyrion and Jon :dwillhuh:

The rest isn’t even worth mentioning. This episode had a decent start (tension between Grey Worm and Jon, Dany’s Speech, etc), but wow did it fall off QUICK and in one damn episode! Can’t defend this at all, this shyt was straight up trash. I def won’t be checking for the spinoffs after what I just witnessed :usure:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That is bullshyt.
This is an adaptation so nothing in those fukking books that aren't put on the screen can be used as justification for anything.
To excuse shytty writing and conclusions that aren't earned because the books explain it better is not something to point to as a positive when it comes to being a critic. It actually makes the critic look like a moron whose opinions aren't worth a single damn.
i also think most posters here have been more than clear we have beef with the HOW not with the WHAT...so in that regard, these podcasters are doing nothing different :ld:

you also alienate a big chunk of audience (the ones who blindly love GOT) if you don't give a "but" explanation, and at the end of the day, that podcast is part of their income, of course they have more incentive to not go at it as hard, they need listeners/clicks, posters dont

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:heh:

Another example of just how much wasted material that these writers had at their disposal for this whole season. After seeing how the story ended, I don't even know how people can get excited for the prequel spin-offs that are supposedly in the works for this shyt.

Nah, I can't agree with this. Weiss and Benioff ran this shyt into the ground....would be kinda fukked up to hold that against any future show runner of the spin offs, though.

Fred.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
One thing big bro - you gotta stop being emotional. We are talking about a fantasy tv show lmao!

Any how, to discuss civilly -

Jon Snow only is the reason that any armies believed there was a NK, where prepared, where setup for the major standoff at Winterfell, had DragonGlass, and had everything in place for Arya to make her kill.

If Jon didn't do any of that the world would be over. So essentially it was Jon Snow, Arya made the kill but Jon called the plays, created the roster and had the Gameplan etc etc.
If it wasn’t for that fucboi Jon Snow the night king wouldn’t have a fukking dragon to bring the wall down. Jon Snow was a waste of a character. He should of stayed dead. Maybe he does stay dead in the books because he didn’t do jack shyt.:hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
One was about a crazy chick that got rid of her brother to gain complete control over her family heirloom, had the dude she was fukking lead her to make questionable decisions, had a fat fukk revealing important information and no one believed the run was gonna be shyt anyway.

The other had dragons and people expected it to be solid at worst.:troll:
:russ::dead: