OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
GOT finale's have historically been a segue into the new season/wrap-up of the season with minimal holy shyt moments, so it makes sense the episode where the wall comes down and Jon/Danerys' relationship is on the verge of breakdown as a cliffhanger was up there. Penultimate episodes usually have the wild shyt.
I got this from reddit but I’m under the impression those are the ratings for the full seasons not just the finale.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
So I read this article that said basically Stark set was triumphant but Lannisters won also

-Jaime remembered as a hero, or at least a decent man cuz of Briennes journal entry and being a sister fukker and the dude who pushed a kid/king out of a tower never brought out to light except for those in the know. Slayer of mad king and defender of his queen

-Cersei remembered by the general public as having tried to shelter as many ppl as possible in the Red Keep while mad queen Danaerys destroyed kings landing for no reason and was the aggressor in the conflict. Also her blowing up the high septum was basically a black ops no one knew about so yea reputation basically in tact for a brother fukker and murderous whore

-Tyrion is once again the hand but this time to king bran the broken whose basically on his ayahuasca wave all fukking day and could careless about micromanaging the kingdom. Tyrion is effectively the shadow behind the 6 kingdoms like his father Tywin was

Wolf pack 1st, Lion pride 2nd, everybody else got fukked

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the last episode.

Really liked that it ended with most of the Starks essentially fulfilling roles from the past.

Jon ventures out past the wall with the wildlings in a shot that purposefully makes them look like the white walkers did walking through the forest.

Sansa gets the North's independence back like the original Starks had.

Arya sails West to discover and claim new land like the Targaryens did (establishing the seven kingdoms).

I was actually fine with all the character developments, and wouldn't mind watching from the beginning again at some point.

Daps
and where the hell was daario and the second sons

In Mereen ruling the city like Dany left him to do. Why this confuses so many I have no idea.

People can shyt on Season 7 all they want, but they had some epic ass moments throughout it while in Season 8 Arya's kill on The Night King is the one scene we'll remember like that. Mostly everything else will be remembered due to how bad everything leading up to it or around it was.

:hhh:

Season 7 had great spectacle (just like season 8 did) but the writing was just as trash. Even that scene you posted didn't really make sense....the Night King taking a Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary to take out a flying Viserion instead of taking the Tom Brady dink/dunk and hitting the biggest dragon chilling on the ground, stranding the most important characters to get the equivalent of 6 rings. :comeon:

Season 7 didn't have an episode as boring as the series finale tho, that's the only edge I'd give it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
2. Jon Snow came back from the Dead, led the mission to defeat NK & WW and unite everyone to do so (entire kingdom would be destroyed without him) & then killed the Queen which in turn sent to kingdom into the peace it's been looking for, and ended all the family dynasties. Sounds like something right?

I'm not addressing every bullet point here because, no offense, it's all nonsense but this part in particular is reason enough to disregard your whole post.

Jon was a complete non-factor in defeating the WW. Did you miss the outrage over him not killing the Night King?

I get that "my favorite show fell off a fukking cliff" is a bitter pill to swallow but some of you cats are clearly completely removed from reality and in full blown stan mode.

Fred.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
The finale had a lot of issues, but I just can’t get over Greyworm not killing Jon and Tyrion immediately after Dany died. We just saw him executing defenseless soldiers, so you’re going to give them a harsher punishment than the two who were responsible for your Queen’s death??:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

I legitimately can’t think of a worse example of writing that I’ve ever encountered.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I agree. It doesnt make sense to me at all. Why would Dany flambay Varys and not Tyrion for basically doing the samething? They did a horrible job at trying to "Grey Morality" Dany. Especially when you showcase her going mad in one fail swoop. Showing her ruling the 7 kingdoms would've been a better way to go about it. Clearly they wanted to end her arc as the Mad Queen and rush to that point as quickly as possible and none of it ties in or tracks perfectly because the way it happened all seems so absurd. If their goal was to make Dany sypathetic they did it in the wrong way. All they did was make us sypathetic to how her character arc was written. We basically feel sorry for how D&D did her, more so than we are for her within the story. What they did had a complete opposite effect of it's inteded purpose and this all do to rushing the story and the absurdities of the various plots and missions they forced into the story to get Dany to get to this point of madness. It's silly and there's no real closures with Dany or Jon's story.

:snoop:
Apparently the writers were telling the cast to think of Dany burning Kingslanding as an analogue to the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Tyrion actor Peter Dinklage says the showrunners on set compared Dany’s dragon-bombing of King’s Landing to the U.S. dropping nuclear bombs on the Japanese cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki to decisively end World War II in 1945. “That’s what war is,” Dinklage says. “Did we make the right choices in war? How much longer would [WWII] have gone on if we didn’t make horrible decisions? We love Daenerys. All the fans love Daenerys, and she’s doing these things for the greater good. ‘The greater good’ has been in the headlines lately… when freeing everyone for the greater good you’re going to hurt some innocents along the way, unfortunately.”

Would have been more effective if she burned the red keep after the surrender and as a result unintentionally let off wild fire that blew up parts of the city.