YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
m5wqiiaaifz21.png

Beginning and end

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
The fan reaction this season has been much more negative than in previous seasons. Were you surprised by some of the vitriol?

Honestly, I’m not surprised. People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn’t go to their liking, they start to speak up about it and rebel.

The thing about “Game of Thrones” that’s always been amazing is the fact that there’s always been crazy twists and turns, right from Season 1 with Ned’s beheading. So Daenerys becoming something of the Mad Queen — it shouldn’t be such a negative thing for fans. It’s a shock for sure, but I think it’s just because it hasn’t gone their way.

All of these petitions and things like that — I think it’s disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season. Like 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it’s not what they want to see is just disrespectful.

:stopitslime: we paid your wages bish.

I don't like the way people defend this shyt by saying "they're mad because the story didn't end as you wanted".

no, dany and jon put the most work in and took the most losses for the human race in this series. to have them both finish without the love and thanks they deserved is tragic and a great end.

however the episodes and writing have been pure shyt and rushed to hell.

even if they didn't do more episodes, how much more impact would it have had if you saw drogon take dany to old valeria (like some ancient place where dragons took their dead masters) with the #targset theme bumping and then it switched to the 3 weeks later silly court scene.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Probably because she didn't really go "mad" and still had loyalties to these people. It was fairly clear she felt justified and no remorse about what she did - she didn't see the people of King's Landing as innocents, but human shields that Cersei put up to protect herself. In her mind, they were collateral damage. Her people are her people and she wanted them to see things as she did. They wrote her blacking the way she did as very much a shade of grey for her character, where you fully understand WHY she snapped, but also understand WHY she needed to be put down. I think it made perfect sense why that played out as it did - the threat is gone, Danerys can walk about freely - but Tyrion is her prisoner now, so we need to make sure it stays that way.

Of the things that went wrong this episode, that wasn't it for me, honestly.
The issue I have with that is that Cersei didn't give a fukk about those people. So Dany fukking up King's Landing didn't effect Cersei at all because she only cared about herself surviving. We've seen Cersei blow up King's Landing her damn self in order to retain power.

Dany played right into her hands, and it was just unnecessary. She didn't even get the pleasure of seeing Cersei dying, she didn't even get to kill her. She literally could have flew right up to her tower and torched her ass, bypassing all the innocents in the city to get to her. So I have to kind of laugh when people are saying, "well she wasn't really mad"... the bytch just BBQ'd an entire city, with defenseless kids and women all over the place.

:dahell:

It's just not consistent, a sane person doesn't do that right? Just like a mad person doesn't let anyone disrespect them to their face... publicly. Tyrion should have been slaughtered when she saw him off the fact that he been going behind her back, and he freed his brother so he could save Cersei... who Dany clearly wanted dead.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
We get no exposition on how Jon feels finding out he's not a b*stard. Finding out that his dad was Rhagar. He's basically turned into a maleable puppet who they don't even consider to sit the iron throne, even though it's his right. We're to just rely and lean on the plotpoint of Jon never wanted to rule to make sense of them banishing him North of Wall for being a "Queen Slayer" while the rest of the starks sit in comfy positions. All these houses from other Kingdoms and Grey Worm get to have a say in Jon's fate, and we're just made to accept it, because his character isn't fleshed out and we don't know what his ultimate goal was. We just accept and say "Yeah, Jon never wanted to rule, he just wanted to be amongst the free folk with his dog". Could've gotten to the same conclusion with a more nuanced thoughtout story. Didn't even give him a chance to abdicate the throne..they just basically called him a QueenSlayer and sent him on his way, even though it was Tyrion who talked him into it, and yet Tyrion becomes the hand of the king. It's the whole Lyanna+Rhaegar=Jon storyine was used as a plot device to drive Dany into madness and that was it. How is this a good thing?

:mindblown:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

episode was perfection from start to finish :wow:

One of the last few times we actually saw Jon Snow :wow:

I dont know who that is in Season 8 :hhh:

you see how in Season 6 and even in season 7 hes bold and stands by his decisions but it was always HIS decisions that he felt was right

in Seas on 8 all that went out the window and he started doing shyt OTHER people felt was right and thats whythe character felt like a shell of its former self

dude went from being vouched for by all the houses in the north to actually being the rightful heir to the throne and no one vouching for him at all, in 1 season :dwillhuh:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
We get no exposition on how Jon feels finding out he's not a b*stard. Finding out that his dad was Rhagar. He's basically turned into a maleable puppet who they don't even consider to sit the iron throne, even though it's his right. We're to just rely and lean on the plotpoint of Jon never wanted to rule to make sense of them banishing him North of Wall for being a "Queen Slayer" while the rest of the starks sit in comfy positions. All these houses from other Kingdoms and Grey Worm get to have a say in Jon's fate, and we're just made to accept it, because his character isn't fleshed out and we don't know what his ultimate goal was. We just accept and say "Yeah, Jon never wanted to rule, he just wanted to be amongst the free folk with his dog". Could've gotten to the same conclusion with a more nuanced thoughtout story. Didn't even give him a chance to abdicate the throne..they just basically called him a QueenSlayer and sent him on his way, even though it was Tyrion who talked him into it, and yet Tyrion becomes the hand of the king. It's the whole Lyanna+Rhaegar=Jon storyine was used as a plot device to drive Dany into madness and that was it. How is this a good thing?

:mindblown:

I wasnt a Jon Snow fan throughout the series but they did him dirty this season.. assassinated his character arc episode after episode

dude from went being a natural born leader people followed every word to being a lost puppy behind some p*ssy :what: that he wasnt even hitting anymore :what:

edit: Jon Snow went from the most loved person in the North to not even getting 1 single person to defend him in the council meeting, in 6 short episodes :wow:

ima just act like this season aint exist :manny:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I wasnt a Jon Snow fan throughout the series but they did him dirty this season.. assassinated his character arc episode after episode

dude from went being a natural born leader people followed every word to being a lost puppy behind some p*ssy :what: that he wasnt even hitting anymore :what:
He never wanted to rule tho. Makes sense to me.

:troll: