OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I am really good with how it ended. I knew that Jon would go off on his own and reform the Night's Watch or become a Wildling when the season started. It made sense for who he was. He has never wanted to be king, and every time he was bestowed a title, first chance he got, he gave it away.

The biggest gripe would be Grey Worm not killing Jon, BUT also, what would he gain? He knows that if he kills Jon, he'd be killed or would have gone to war with all of Westeros that loved Jon. And what does he want? He's on the other side of the world, with a bunch of BS he doesn't care for. In the end, I think he just wants to have a life, a life the was granted to him by Dany...so I do kinda see him letting Jon live.

I think the show is really about things being the more things change, the more they stay the same. They did not want real change, and the wheel keeps spinning. conflicts are inevitable, and no one really wins. But everyone wants what is best for themselves over others. Notice that the end is really business as usual. People live, people die, cities are rebuilt, but the saga continues.

I can get behind this. These posts are therapeutic right now. :wow:

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
So did Grey Worm get played by thinking Jon's punishment was joining the Night's Watch, not knowing there is no more NW?? Hence Jon's reaction when told of his sentence?? Don't know if I want to watch again, but it was just Wildling's at the wall, waiting for Jon to take him to the otherside, right??

Daps
So, after Sansa said that the north would be independent, why didn't the other Lords claim independence too?

Do they not know how people operate? :gucci: There is no central power without the Targaryens

Especially Dorne and the Iron Islands.

It's like the writers didn't even know the fukking story they were finishing.:mindblown:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
jesus christo... this whole episode could have been a season.Why did they rush this?
This season could have been 3 seasons. i dont mind the finale. :yeshrug: im just curious what grrm comes up with. Top 3 series

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I’ll be honest and know I’m probably whining about what I expected. But to have Jon be the union of ice and fire, come back from the dead, unite tons of men from all over including recruiting Dany and her army and not have that matter in the climax of both battles (killing the NK or sitting on the iron throne) feels so cheap. Like I honestly think killing him after killing Dany would have made his arc more impactful. Just to send him to the wall/live in the north with wildlings :what:

If this is GRRM’s end for him, I at least expect him to give dude the damn NK kill (which I’m not even sure is a threat since I haven’t read the books)

I’m really at a loss of why his heritage has all of a suddenly become so insignificant to both the magic and politics.

And for some reason I’m annoyed at the finale bing the Tyrion show.

Like someone else said, legit sad af about this terrible ass season ending what was such an epic show otherwise

Night King is a show character, not in the books.

Daps
It’s just so painfully obvious this season needed 10 episodes, I can’t wrap my head around why that didn’t happen. They could have fleshed out these major events/plots so much better that way. It isn’t even the story that bothers me it’s really the execution. Honestly it needed almost two seasons to properly wrap what we saw this season

I actually disagree.... I've seen too much this season from these writers that was just flat out nonsensical. Parts def felt rushed, but many other parts fundamentally made no sense and I don't think it would've gotten better with 10 episodes.

They needed to replace D&D and the whole writing staff.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So did Grey Worm get played by thinking Jon's punishment was joining the Night's Watch, not knowing there is no more NW?? Hence Jon's reaction when told of his sentence?? Don't know if I want to watch again, but it was just Wildling's at the wall, waiting for Jon to take him to the otherside, right??

Yes Grey Worm had no idea that's what Jon wanted.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Aight I got some questions... I haven't read the thread yet but what's really irking me is how they played Grey Worm. none of his actions made sense after Dany died. He would have killed Jon right then and there. Also, why did Jon snitch on himself? There was no body. He could've just blamed the dragon. But then, they have Grey Worm hold Jon and Tyrion prisoner to try to negotiate for some reason? Then they name Bran king and he's like "nah, we good plair." :troll:

Grey Worm is the worst negotiator ever. How did all the lords even get word of what happened? Did Grey Worm send them a raven for a parlay?

Why was Tyrion still alive? Dany should've executed him in the first place. What bargaining power does he hold as a hostage when his whole family is dead? Why keep him alive after she dies???

This shyt gets dumber the more I think about it. :dead:

YOU nikkaS REALLY EXPECTED THE CREATORS
OF THE CONFERDERATE
TO NOT MAKE THE BLACK MAN
LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT WHO COULDNT
DO shyt WITHOUT HIS WHITE SAVIOR?

HE WAS SURROUNDED BY THE WEAKEST
CHARACTERS IN THE SHOW SANS ARYA
AND REDUCED TO THE HELP.

AFTER ALL THE shytTY WRITING
WEVE SEEN THIS SEASON
YALL REALLY OVERTHINKING THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
But Jon Snow at the end traveled through the same gate, the Giants destroyed earlier.. in East Watch.. its the same area.. the same gate, the same side of the wall destroyed
Jon was at castle black at the end.

Watch the opening it shows where the nk went through the wall

Daps
Arya did a whole lot of plotting and training to go out like Magellan. you hate to see it...

There was a former Stark king who went out like that. Sailed west and never made it back.

How this fits with Arya's character, I have no idea. Seems like they just threw it in there so they could reuse that "what's west of Westeros" line :snoop: