OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Twitter fan theory (and a good one at that) is that he turned it down because he knew he’ll be king of westeros.

We’ll never know though because D&D left so many loose ends open

How did the wall in the north even get rebuilt :dwillhuh:

Part of the wall was destroyed by the NK at east watch , the rest of the wall was intact.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Jon snow stabbed that sexy ass psycho who only thought her way was right. He did it for the ppl. :blessed:. Go be king beyond the walk Jon!

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Damn bruh. You really think that's what that was all about? fukked up. :ohhh:
That's what I believe. People will say it's far fetched but writers can kill a show any time they want. Actors and writers beef all the time. Remember when stringer got killed and some of the actors on the show said it was a stupid move?....Actors start feeling themselves and think they can write a better story than the pro's. Or they simply might want more camera time for their own selfish reasons. The writers get fed up and wanna move on.

The proof is in the pudding. HBO wanted to give them all the seasons they wanted. They declined. HBO wanted to give them a longer final season. They declined. There would be no reason to decline all of that money if they were still happy working on the show. That was them saying "Nope, we're done here. Let's just get this shyt over with"....they had no interest in giving this show a respectable ending because they didn't have any respect for the cast anymore. Just look how the actors speak about them. There's no respect at all.

It's common knowledge that writer's get treated like shyt in Hollywood. When in reality they're the real masterminds behind everything. Just look at all of the errors and mistakes they made this season. They had to have completely forgotten everything about their story to fukk shyt up this bad. Some of this shyt was definitely intentional. These muthafukkers had fun with this. Like having Jon not even say bye to ghost.....just to piss people off. Then they blamed it on CGI only to have them embrace at the very end :troll:..... they were out here trolling left and right, and this finale was just the cherry on top.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Yeah Jon abandoned the "Nightswatch" to be the new King Beyond the Wall. I think Sansa and Tyrion etc. all knew Jon was going to do that. They just wanted to make it seem like a punishment for the other kingdoms.
:stopitslime:
Stop. Everyone got what they wanted more or less outside of Jon and Dany. that nikka is off to spend the rest of his life freezing his balls off beside another man.

He took a supreme L.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
:camby:

There’s levels to this criticism shyt. What you just mentioned is nitpicking. Then there’s the next level, which is something that’s a good point but we suspend belief for it. A good example would be if someone said, “How can all these troops hear Daenerys?? There’s no way the acoustics are set up for that speech.” It’s true but who cares.

The next level is legit complaints. Most of this thread contains legit complaints about the writing. Things not making logical sense and he characters no behaving in a logical manner.

Just because you don’t like the criticisms don’t make them untrue.

Haaaa, i thought of that too. All them Dothraki yipping and shyt they wouldnt have heard her. Also when Brienne closed that book full of fresh ink, i immediately thought "well she fukked that page up".

One thing im noticing is that people are complaining about Bran becoming King when im sure GRRM at least told them who would sit the throne in the end. I dont see the mere mention of Bran sitting the throne being a valid complaint, now the method in which we got to that point is certainly debatable.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Only some Targs cant be burned,not all

And the “only Targs can ride a dragon” thing is false

in Old Valyria a bunch of different people had and rode dragons.The Targs weren’t even important in Valyria,they were regular people

They are just the only ones in Westeros that have ever had dragons
Relax breh. They were nobles from a less powerful house. But they weren't regular.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’ll be honest and know I’m probably whining about what I expected. But to have Jon be the union of ice and fire, come back from the dead, unite tons of men from all over including recruiting Dany and her army and not have that matter in the climax of both battles (killing the NK or sitting on the iron throne) feels so cheap. Like I honestly think killing him after killing Dany would have made his arc more impactful. Just to send him to the wall/live in the north with wildlings :what:

If this is GRRM’s end for him, I at least expect him to give dude the damn NK kill (which I’m not even sure is a threat since I haven’t read the books)

I’m really at a loss of why his heritage has all of a suddenly become so insignificant to both the magic and politics.

And for some reason I’m annoyed at the finale bing the Tyrion show.

Like someone else said, legit sad af about this terrible ass season ending what was such an epic show otherwise