OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
rl952j4jx9z21.jpg

Bran knows ALL of those stories and the stories of all who ever lived. But him being king is still peak WTF.

Here's how I feel. This shyt was rushed and fan-fiction as fukk. However, none of that invalidates the great TV the show gave us for 8 years.

The Starks came up and essentially made three kingdoms all ran by Starks. Jon is a KING beyond the wall, fukk the bullshyt he's a KING up there. Sansa is a Queen in the North and Bran runs the south. Literally the Starks run Westeros...all of it.

What makes the episode more tolerable to me is seeing how the restructuring would start. I would have preferred the Unsullied stay in Westeros..but im happy breh didn't die. I liked the small council, I liked the fact that Sansa got the north's Independence. I even like the fact that the laughed at democracy (which is a theory I even had).

But Dany not being resolved is poppycock. They had me for a minute when she gave her Emperor Palpatine speech, I was like :ohhh:. I was with it when Jon stabbed her...but BREH..to have Drogon pick her up and just fly off....:gucci::gucci:

Yeah, breh. Its the single worst episode of GoT, but I'm not gonna let that ruin how much fun I had with this story.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here are my biggest beefs with this bullshyt

• After Dany dies, why didn't Grey Worm just kill Tyrion and Jon? Who's in KL to stop him? The Unsullied and Dothraki could have overwhelmed the Northern Army that was there with Jon.
  • Why the hell is there a Night's Watch? The Wildlings and the North came to peace. There's no army of the dead anymore. Jon's reaction of, "There's still a Night's Watch?" just shows how dumb that shyt is.
  • Why are the other six kingdoms just cool with the North being its own kingdom? Why don't they want to be independent? Dorne didn't do shyt at all the entire story. Is this new Prince of Dorne a mute or a Eunuch?
  • Why is Bronn, arguably the most irresponsible person on the council, the master of coin?
  • What happened to the Iron Bank and the kingdom's debt?
  • So, Tyrion gets absolutely no punishment whatsoever while Jon is exiled to the Wall. Jon said fukk it, and rode out with the Wildlings. Grey Worm looks like a straight up clown.
  • Why would Bran ask for an update about anything? Mufukka can see everything. His council should be asking him for updates.
  • Why is Edmure fukking Tully at this pseudo council?
  • If Brienne can write so god damn fast, maybe she should just finish the books.

God, fukk this show. fukk what they've done to my favorite book series.

Season two, Bronn didn’t even understand the concept of loans and interest. :heh:

Nothing in the next six seasons shows that he understands the basics of finance.

:mjlol:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What a rushed, unfulfilling ending for what was, ironically, one of the most rewarding shows I can remember watching.

Game of Thrones had a shot at being mentioned with the GOATs when it was all said and done. Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos... the fukking GOATs.

It fukked that up with two seasons of rushed plotting and completely inexplicable narrative choices. The show runners thought we’d overlook it for the sake of more fukkery. And I’ll admit, the fukkery has been brilliant.

But they dropped the ball. Still a good show, but it’s crazy how much credibility has been squandered by the shortest of the show’s seasons! Also not sure how that’s up for debate at this point, but I’ll have more thoughts later.
the wire can never be the goat. the last season of the wire was worst than this one

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't have a problem with it. Because as I thought, after all that, it's just business as usual. Predicted a lot of it, people will be people. I didn't see him being elected king, because I was thinking that all of the kingdoms would be left to rule themselves.

The show has been about the players changing and the game remaining the same.