OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
I expect the series finale tomorrow to be "meh" but whats the most recent series finale to good/great shows that sucked? Dexter?

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Season 6 is the...:mjlol: y’all just had lowered expectations cause it followed that bullshyt Season 5. It’s good but let’s calm down man
I don’t get the season 6 hate. There’s three 10/10 episodes and the only terrible scenes that season were Arya vs. the Waif and Theon and Yara stealing a fleet during Euron’s drowning ceremony(:mjlol:). nikkas began teleporting that season but it was excusable because the show still didn’t feel rushed.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
19dvnvsrfyy21.jpg

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:dwillhuh: how would back in winterfell they know that kings landing would be crumbling literally from Drogon ?? thats why he told her not to go forward because its a 1 way trip... how was this a hard scene for so many to understand :dwillhuh:

he aint give a shyt if she was to kill cersei :dwillhuh: but he aint want her to die either and if she continued, she would die.. from stone.. falling on her.. like how cersei died.. I really just dont get how this was a hard to understand scene :dwillhuh:
On his way to Kings Landing, Arya strides up next to Sandor on her horse. Hound says "I don't plan on coming back". Arya replies neither do I. We assume they ride together from Winterfell to the capital together keeping that same energy. Both of them are aware they're on a suicide mission. Yet, when the suicide part of it starts showing itself, Clegane suddenly wants Arya to dip and Arya is convinced in a matter of seconds. If you had to sum up Arya's character development in a couple sentences, what would It be? It's not tough; it's not like the character was made to be anything besides vengeful and violent for six seasons. We're made to believe reclaiming who she is represents a change of the whole "A girl is no one" theme, yet she kills the Night King and seemingly chucks the dueces to her family, a possible future with Gendry, and possibly life in general. Both the Hound and Arya seem ok with this the hundreds of miles between Winterfell and Kings Landing. They both seem fine with it walking into a city in the midst of battle. Yet some falling rocks is enough to change that determination. I get it with Clegane. He's always been that father figure who hated being a father figure. I don't get it from the most single minded person on the show who literally looked death in the face and said "Not today":yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
On his way to Kings Landing, Arya strides up next to Sandor on her horse. Hound says "I don't plan on coming back". Arya replies neither do I. We assume they ride together from Winterfell to the capital together keeping that same energy. Both of them are aware they're on a suicide mission.
I dont think they look at it as a suicide mission. Arya just found out about Jon and she rather be a wanderer and live as a Faceless person than live in Winterfell, is what I took from that. Basically creating a new Brotherhood.

Yet, when the suicide part of it starts showing itself, Clegane suddenly wants Arya to dip and Arya is convinced in a matter of seconds.

I never got that from the show. I got that they left Winterfell for a mission, to kill The Mountain and Cersei and move on with life. Once they saw Kings Landing crumbling, The Hound realizes that in this scenario everyone dies and he doesnt want Arya to die so he tells her she can move forward, with a suicide mission, or the goal she has (to kill cersei) is accomplished already from the dragon or will be soon anyway so no point in her dying. Thats why he wants her to be better than him, because hes so far gone with revenge for his brother that, keep in mind at this point, they dont even know if Cersei or The Mountain are even alive at this point, but he has so much hate in his heart he needs to see with his own eyes even if it kills him.

Her actually seeing Cersei physically dead isnt worth her dying.. and if you notice when she leaves this part, she doesnt leave the city immediately, she goes into helping people (or trying to at least) because thats her actual arc and end game.

The list is her motive.
Being rationale and calculated in her moves is her character.

Notice in almost every dialogue she has this season, even with the Warden of The North and her big brother, shes more direct and calm and tries to bring rationale to him even though hes the older and supposed to be responsible person in the show, but shes basically sonning him with words in the few scenes together

it's not like the character was made to be anything besides vengeful and violent for six seasons.

they still show her having compassion though, shes not heartless or far gone. Shes calculated in her revenge. This wouldn't be a good calculation.

yet she kills the Night King and seemingly chucks the dueces to her family, a possible future with Gendry, and possibly life in general.

because she doesnt want to be a queen, the happiest they show Arya in the show is oddly on random adventures with The Hound helping or killing random people. She rather be Robin Hood then royalty

I don't get it from the most single minded person on the show who literally looked death in the face and said "Not today

She was also almost in tears from being scared just moments she said this.. she still has emotion

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Therapy available for Game of Thrones fans after series finale
Therapy available for Game of Thrones superfans after series finale

by KOMO News Staff
Thursday, May 16th 2019
This image released by HBO shows from left, Nathalie Emmanuel, Emilia Clarke and Conleth Hill in a scene from "Game of Thrones," that aired Sunday, May 5, 2019. (Helen Sloan/HBO via AP)

LONDON (KOMO) - "Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it," said Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. Now that the series is about to end, some superfans of the series might need help facing that hard truth.

The last episode is Sunday and fans now have a place to go to get expert advice and counseling as they begin the grieving process.

Counselors via Bark.com will be on hand Monday, ready to help fans who’d like to talk about how they feel regarding the series ending and receive expert advice on how to deal with the loss of the show.
ADVERTISING

"All counselors will be familiar with the show," says spokesperson Donna Clapp. "So (they) will be able to discuss plot twists and storylines, to help their clients digest their interpretation and feelings of the show, which can range from anger, confusion, sadness and grief."

Fans can book a 30 minute or 60 minute therapy session for roughly $25-$50 depending on the length.

“Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV programs of our time, so I’m not surprised that people are devastated it’s going to end," said Kai Feller, co-founder of Bark.com. "I think there will be a fair amount of superfans out there who will need to chat with a professional when the show ends!”
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
GRRM should be getting some of the blame imo.

It is very much is his fault as much as Benioff's and Weiss'. He sold the rights to the series and promised to finish Winds of Winter and at the very least provide them with a draft or a work-in-progress of Dream of Spring. He hasn't even finished Winds of Winter! The show was never supposed to outpace the books. I even started reading them with the promise in mind that before the show is done I will have read the books. But nope.

Martin had time to edit other people's book. He had time to write the prequel book. He's been working on a lot of side projects and not writing.

He could have also stayed as a writer for HBO and help those two mumbling morons finish the series when he apparently doesn't want to do himself. But he didn't.

It has been 8 years since the last book, that was also when the show started airing. He has had plenty of time.

If GRRM would’ve lived up to his end of the bargain and finished the books. The people that signed up to adapt the books to show format could’ve stick to adapting the show to show format. It’d be like expecting an construction contractor to design a building after the architects only designed half the building... but the customer still needs that building built. They end up being shytty architects because that’s not what they were hired for and was not in the scope of the job.
:gucci:

You think it's just sitting down and writing a book? It's art breh.

We're all here complaining about writing and shortened episodes for the last two season but meanwhile you want the guy to just write books for your convenience :camby: