OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sure he does, he was waxed by his own creation.

Speaking of which, I could've swore last year Weiss or Benioff said the reason The Mountain didn't kill Jaime was because he was "malfunctioning" (my words, can't remember exactly what they said) and they would show more of that.

Never seen any of that this season, and him killing Qyburn seemed to be a conscious decision. So :yeshrug:

Fred.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
So who can help the Snowman now, given that his own Northmen went rogue.

We got Tormund, Ghost and whatever is left of the Wildlings. They prob already set up a Dairy Queen North of the Wall.
Vale? I didn't see any of them in EP5.
The new Dornish Prince and Co? Obviously way too late for that.
Dario remix and the 2nd sons? They would obviously side with Dany since Dario is supersimp.

Nymeria and the squad? lol.... :mjcry:

Guess it'll just be Jon/Arya/Tyrion and the Onion Knight vs Everybodyyyyyyyyyy. Or Gendry comes through with OG Bobby B's hammer on some Thor shyt :whew:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Outside of "Beyond The Wall" fans were willing to give 7 a chance. And the response to season 7 over all was nowhere near as negative as 8.

You can chalk some of that up to the fact that there was still a glimmer of hope in season 7 that they could pull it all together in season 8....there's nothing like that to smooth over this season, though.

Fred.
Season 8 isn’t well received because people realize it’s the end and it can’t get any better from here. I think season 7 was excused because people viewed it as a rushed set up to get to season 8. There’s also a bit of groupthink going on since there’s no reason why episode 2 of this season is considerably lower rated on RT and IMDB than the bad episodes in season 7.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This season is starting to remind me of "Revenge Of The Sith".

Great scenes (Order 66, Anakin killing the young Jedis, Anakin vs Obi Wan) delivered with terrible writing. shyt is frustrating. Most of the problems of this season could 100% be solved with more episodes to flesh things out. The "Dany is evil swerve" is dope...it's the execution that sucks. Same with The Night King dying so early.

I will say, I've never been impressed with Emilia Clarke's acting but her facial expressions and acting during her break down were almost enough to over come the poor writing.

Fred.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Dayne got clipped the same way Karl fookin Tanner got got when he had Snow Man beat using those daggers :wow:
fukked him up something serious
latest

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
Most of the problems of this season could 100% be solved with more episodes to flesh things out. The "Dany is evil swerve" is dope...it's the execution that sucks. Same with The Night King dying so early.

I will say, I've never been impressed with Emilia Clarke's acting but her facial expressions and acting during her break down were almost enough to over come the poor writing.

Fred.

Yeah, they should have spent one full season on the white walker threat, with more explanation and concequences. Then the last season on the iron throne and Dany turning into the mad queen.. It's very jarring to see Dany go from save the world, to burn them all in 2 episodes, even if all the triggers are there for her to get to that point, it's not developed properly.

I don't even think it's because they suck as writers, it's just that they obviously don't care anymore and just want it over with and this is what we are left with. This is rushed for no reason other than them wanting to move on, should have just let someone else take over for them, but too late now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think we all agree that both seasons 7 and 8 needed to be ten episodes. I've always been with the slow burn even tho a lot of people here would be saying "this shyt is boring :russell: " that's why I laugh at all the pace comments.. many of the people saying it were the same who were yawning over great dialogue scenes.

Everything that the characters are doing makes perfect sense to me and I think this is the ending we were always getting. But I'd like a few more dialogue heavy scenes where we are shown more of Dany's descent and we are shown more of Varys and Tyrion and Jon all figuring out what to do about it..

The Night King criticisms are whatever.. I don't know what people wanted, The zombies weren't going to win, this is still Jon and Dany's story..

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
How far is Bran in the stories? I'm going to blame that one on grrm, it's clear d&d struggle to write certain characters, even with a blueprint, if bran is one of the stories even grrm is tangling with, it makes sense how crap he's been in the show

Oh I have no idea. Never read the books.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And the Jamie criticisms are stupid to me, they didn't "ruin" his arc.. The entire point was that he tried to overcome who he was and in the end he is who he is and nothing is stronger than the bond he has to Cersei and now the unborn baby.

He tried and he couldn't escape his past. He fell victim to his demons. That's reality.