OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
:picard:Hate it or love it but the cultural impact this show has had will never be matched again. Just got into the office and had a 15 minute discussion with the janitor about game of thrones, breh was saying it doesn’t make sense. When more people arrive I am ready for the debate, going to be a Game of thrones office day.:wow:

Arya finna steal greyworms face if thats the only person that can get close enough to her.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Grey worm is the only loyal dude danerys has left

I love how the soldiers threw down their swords like puzzy, and grey worm was like nah son. Y’all were quiet when my girl got her head chopped off y’all gonna pay .

Grey worm with the spear that’s a scary site
She gave him his freedom.

And they killed a woman who loved his dikkless self. I’ll be pissed too. The only woman who says size don’t matter likes you and they take her away from you? Trifling.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. Why would Dany be afraid to attempt an assassination because of one personal guard? Why would any of her advisors be like "can't do that, the mountain might get em:whoa:"

2. That twitter poster was right, Dany has sent in solders secretly into a city before. Both in Yunkai and at
Casterly Rock. It makes no sense why she wouldn't try what has worked before. At the very least to open the gates, if not to sneak into the Red Keep for an attempt to remove Cersei before a full on assault.

3. Dany's advisors happen to know THE MOST of anyone living about the secret passage ways in KL. Tyrion and Varys know all about the city, inside and out. Davos too apparently. Tyrion would have to either feign ignorance (making himself look more useless and or like a traitor) or tell Dany how they could sneak into the city, which would have made for good drama. And by all accounts, Varys would be all about taking out a single malevolent monarch to install another one. Why wasn't this even mentioned as a possibility?

4. We've had Ramsay and his 20 good men infiltrate Stannis' camp, we've had Bronn sneak into Winterfell with a crossbow, we've had Daario sneak into Dany's camp with multiple weapons, we've had Tyrion smuggle himself into KL, we've had Theon and co sneak onto Eurons ships to rescue Yara, and a ton more instances where characters accomplish something by sneaking. This wasn't suggested once? The only options was this contrived "Kill everybody or kill nobody" scenario?

5. ARYA IS A FACELESS MAN. They have a faceless man, who happens to be on her way to assassinate Cersei anyway. It's like everyone has forgotten that she just ended the apocalypse by defeating death itself.

Whether or not these assassins would have succeeded in their hit job is irrelevant. My point is why wasn't it at the very least considered? It seemed like the most straightforward compromise between the two extremes they kept putting on the table (sack the city vs diplomacy)

All of this. Her advisors grand plan was to starve the city to death and hope they would either rise up against Dany or surrender. The sh*t was stupid. It was Tyrion's plan to use the sewers at Casterly Rock.:why:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
shyt do we have a tier list of most skilled fighters? I'm sure oberyn and maybe kingslayer jamie may be tier 1:patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
yall been posting a different version of this pic the last weeks

. then get shot down by 2 pages of posts.

then post it again the next day:mindblown:

Nothing got "shot down".. Most of the people complaining haven't read the books and barely pay attention to the show so while some criticisms are valid, there are many others that are not.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
shyt do we have a tier list of most skilled fighters? I'm sure oberyn and maybe kingslayer jamie may be tier 1:patrice:
Ser Jorah took out a Dothraki leader, survived the pits of Mereen, went face to face with stone men, helped siege Yunkai , was the MVP of the battle beyond the wall wielding dragon glass daggers, and wouldn't allow himself to die until his queen was safe from the dead

Give me Jorah the Andal over prime Jamie, prime Dayne, and prime Selmy :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
fans were outraged, but of course there was still goodwill and hope that if d&d said they only needed 13, then 13 it was dammit...but during season 7, most fans were already a mix of :patrice: :beli: :what: :ufdup: :fuggu:

now it's full on :camby: :fuggu:

and check out friday night lights, i don't know why people don't mention this show more, the characters are top notch, touching stories, good acting, a couple wobbly seasons, but not bad by any means. so check that out if your haven't. also bloodline on netflix is a good slow burn tv show and only 3 seasons

Bloodline? Naaaaaahh. It's a solid little show but come on. The story got real convoluted and it's set in the "real world" which is harder to digest :francis:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Dany didn't go mad from the sound of the bells. :stopitslime:

Dany lost her shyt because she went there to kill them all for killing her friend and being overstressed.... and the bells meant they surrendered.

Them surrendering wasn't what she was there for. It wasn't what Grey Worm was there for.

How dare they ring them bells. :demonic:

But the rest of this shyt yall complaining about :aicmon:

Jaimie turning dumb after what feels like 30 years of character development :aicmon:

Tyrion committing treason after getting varys killed for committing treason :aicmon:

Euron Greyjoy popping out the water looking like Bendis' version of The Sub-Mariner

1213_namormaleev.jpg

:aicmon:

Jaimie and Euron fighting in some goddamn cave cause.... cause why not. :aicmon:
Cersei not getting her true fukkery filled karma induced death :aicmon:

Yeah. Y'all right about all of that. :aicmon:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Mountain woulda waxed "some soldiers" had they tried this BS.

D&D's shytty writing has subjected us to every idiot with a Twitter handle feeling emboldened to suggest something "better" :snoop:

Their writing even at the state it's in is so far above these Twitter writers it's fukking comical.. People are not writers and never will be. Nobody wants to read dumbass fanfic

Also, why would Tyrion have tried to kill Jamie's unborn child? People don't think for shyt

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
You on the writing staff for this show or something? You been :cape: nonstop man.

"They been rushing since season 4" is a bold faced lie compared to what they pulled in season 8. Cut the bullshyt out man. Cats really in here lying their asses off like any season prior to this one (outside of parts of 7) was this rushed. Or as poorly received as season 8, critically, among fans and critics.

And "if you don't want to see them run the show into the ground, wait for the books" is not valid advice. shyt makes no sense whatsoever. They couldn've....gee, I dunno....not ran the show into the ground?

Fred.
7 was just as bad as 8 but I largely agree

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Ser Jorah took out a Dothraki leader, survived the pits of Mereen, went face to face with stone men, helped siege Yunkai , was the MVP of the battle beyond the wall wielding dragon glass daggers, and wouldn't allow himself to die until his queen was safe from the dead

Give me Jorah the Andal over prime Jamie, prime Dayne, and prime Selmy :wow:
That's a good point. I was gonna add syrio but the hound would disagree
"The greatest swordsman who ever lived was killed by Meryn fukking Trant?!"
Bet his hair is greasier than Joffrey's c*nt''
Caught him slipping without his proper weapons tho

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
1. Why would Dany be afraid to attempt an assassination because of one personal guard? Why would any of her advisors be like "can't do that, the mountain might get em:whoa:"

2. That twitter poster was right, Dany has sent in solders secretly into a city before. Both in Yunkai and at
Casterly Rock. It makes no sense why she wouldn't try what has worked before. At the very least to open the gates, if not to sneak into the Red Keep for an attempt to remove Cersei before a full on assault.

3. Dany's advisors happen to know THE MOST of anyone living about the secret passage ways in KL. Tyrion and Varys know all about the city, inside and out. Davos too apparently. Tyrion would have to either feign ignorance (making himself look more useless and or like a traitor) or tell Dany how they could sneak into the city, which would have made for good drama. And by all accounts, Varys would be all about taking out a single malevolent monarch to install another one. Why wasn't this even mentioned as a possibility?

4. We've had Ramsay and his 20 good men infiltrate Stannis' camp, we've had Bronn sneak into Winterfell with a crossbow, we've had Daario sneak into Dany's camp with multiple weapons, we've had Tyrion smuggle himself into KL, we've had Theon and co sneak onto Eurons ships to rescue Yara, and a ton more instances where characters accomplish something by sneaking. This wasn't suggested once? The only options was this contrived "Kill everybody or kill nobody" scenario?

5. ARYA IS A FACELESS MAN. They have a faceless man, who happens to be on her way to assassinate Cersei anyway. It's like everyone has forgotten that she just ended the apocalypse by defeating death itself.

Whether or not these assassins would have succeeded in their hit job is irrelevant. My point is why wasn't it at the very least considered? It seemed like the most straightforward compromise between the two extremes they kept putting on the table (sack the city vs diplomacy)

Sounds like an entire season worth of excellent thrones-ing. fukk.