OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
I realized it when watching.. But I haven't seen anyone say it

Anybody notice how the Tower scene was exactly the same as the wall scene

"4 feet of cold rolled steel" "they got giants down there" "no such thing as giants"

"red keep has never fallen" "they got dragons down there" "we good"

With Ser Alliser? Sure was.
I was thinking that, too.

Seems like they had a few callbacks. Thought about Oberyn with the gouging of the eyes, Battle of the b*stards, too, when Arya was getting trampled and Strickland was trying to run from the charge.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Was Tyrion crazy when he choked out Shae and shot an arrow into his father as he sat on the shytter?
giphy.gif

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I wish they took their time and executed the Dany turn properly so I could see the reaction from Dany stans. I feel like they would have meltdown regardless of whether or not her turn was earned. But now you can’t even blame them because of how rushed it has been.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Sansa telling Tyrion, Rhaegals death, Missandeis capture/death, Tyrion telling Varys, and Varys digesting that news and opting for treason could've spanned 2 or 3 episodes and truly let Daenys turn sink in. Doing all that in 20 minutes was disgusting and is a major reason why the heel turn flopped.

Even if you're gonna take the shot gun approach in 3 episodes it could easily be done better :
- have the common folk cheer for Missandeis head like they did Neds in season 1
- have Rhaegal get clipped while the bells are ringing to be that final straw that broke her back in the heat of the moment

Makes Rhaegal's death mean something rather than be a random bullet point, gives Daeny a reason to grudge the people on the ground, and makes her turn infinitely more satisfying.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm so mad about cersei and jaime's death. So the writers just decided only 2/3 of the valonqar prophecy was true? Jaime should've killed Cersei, they gave him all that character development and had him sleep with Brienne for what?
Maybe instead of being mad you should accept that the valonquar prophecy wasn't in the show
:ohhh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm so mad about cersei and jaime's death. So the writers just decided only 2/3 of the valonqar prophecy was true? Jaime should've killed Cersei, they gave him all that character development and had him sleep with Brienne for what?
the thing about ruining jamie's character is that it fukks up other characters as well...

all that shyt about honoring oaths and following the right leaders? just a mouthpiece to have brienne looking like a naive college underclassmen who got broke off right before fall break lol. and if he aint shyt, bronn extra aint shyt. pod, etc. wild disregard at work

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
I wondered how they we're going mad queen cuz going into this ep I thought she was justified, but once Drogon landed and the bells rang I knew what time it was. I honestly hit wifey with the :manny: they had their chance already

Chickens came home to roost...as a boy chickens coming home to roost never made me sad....:smugdraper:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Fun fact: He also said he would have the book done FOUR years ago and it's still not done. And that was just Winds of Winter. Not even mentioning Dreams of Spring.

Second fun fact: The writers never said they would use his ending to the T and he never confirmed that they would either. They've changed various things and dropped others to tell their story the way they think it should be told. Something both he and his agent have criticized publicly.

Third fun fact: He said they would need 5 more seasons to tell this story correctly. No one expects Dany to be a mary sue character who rules peacefully and is happy. But this ending is not and will not be the one he tells whenever the final book comes out. If you really think he's gonna keep the ending the exact same for a book that won't see the light of day for minimum 6 years or maybe never...I got a castle to sell you.
GRRM gave the showrunners three WTF moments that would happen in the series. The first was Shireen’s burning, the second was “Hold the Door”, and third was something that was happening in season 8. I think it’s safe to assume that was Dany burning Kingslanding.. But after the backlash this has received I wouldn’t be surprised if things change if he ever ends up releasing the books.