OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
One thing they did do effectively was take away her advisors and friends so she feels like she can't trust anyone. But that in itself is not enough of a connective tissue for her to systematically burn innocent people alive after she has won the war. No, that goes back to vengeance, jealousy, and hate because "these people don't love me" which, imo, was not developed enough. Full seasons could have helped develop it but again, this arc is a casualty of two shortened seasons that check off plausible plot points without developing them.

They really crammed multiple episodes of development into the "Previously on..." segment (when they played whispers in her head) and a "she hasn't left her room, seen anybody, or eaten since getting back" statement in the beginning of the episode. :dead:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This whole shyt felt like something you'd watch on TBS :mjlol:......every scene felt forced and the CGI was terrible. The dialogue between Jamie and Tyrion in that goodbye scene was cringey as fukk. Then they cried in eachothers arms like some bytches. Realistically this should have a powerful moment, but instead I was just sitting there like "this shyt gay as hell":dahell:.....that whole scene was uncomfortable. The writing was so bad it actually made Peter Dinklage look like a bad actor. They had Jamie and Tyrion both acting way out of character.

And the whole battle was awful. You had Cersei smiling in the beginning like she had a master plan. 3 minutes later she's shytting herself and having a panick attack. I mean if they wanted to make Cersei look like a dumb bytch who was in way over her head, I get it. But the execution was terrible.

Then we got clegane bowl which I was happy about. But once again the execution was terrible. It felt like there was no emotion to it. No feeling. It just happened and then it was over. I felt absolutely nothing when the hound took both of em out.

And I don't even know where to begin with that Jamie vs euron fight:mindblown:.....the shyt was super corny and random as hell. And it wasn't even needed. Nobody gave a fukk about euron like that. Shoulda just had him die on those boats and nobody woulda complained.

And the way Jamie and Cersei went out was weak. All that character building just for Jamie to relapse and go out like a beta simp. What was the point of his whole redemption arc?:dahell:

The only dope scene in this episode was varys getting murked. Took off his jewels and accepted his fate like a man:yeshrug:

And I still don't know what the fukk is gonna happen between sansa and dany. I mean realistically sansa should be put to death just like varys. But jon ain't gonna let that happen. You see grey worm look at Jon in disgust when he was trying to hold his men back?.....shyt gonna hit the fan next episode. seems like they're setting up arya for the kill on dany. It was really the only reason to include her in this episode. But honestly at this point I'm just trying to get this shyt wrapped up. These guys just keep digging themselves in a deeper hole and it's inexcusable now. They completely half assed this whole shyt.

:ahh: EVEN THIS nikka AND @dora_da_destroyer HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.

THE HANDFUL OF nikkaS STILL DEFENDING THIS shyt
WILL MAKE A FULL TURN NEXT WEEK.
:devil:
:evil:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
q798s4907yx21.jpg

Apparently GRRM replied with “this guy gets it” to this blog post in 2013. This was always Dany’s destiny.
The little piece that is not lost on me is that slavery is looked down upon in Westeros for the most part (kind of the US model, where there is certainly a form a slavery still taking place, economic/prison/sex trade) so of course “the breaker of chains” will not get love in “civilized” society, they are gonna be “what an you do for me?” or react like stupid fukking idiots did to Trump “my life sucks, I just want something different” until they realize they are 10 times worse off. Her homeboy Jorah was was ran off by the honorable Neddard Stark for practicing slavery, All I know is that her character in the book is insufferably stupid and flakey, her character on the show is a fukking a$$hole, so if the show runners plan on letting her sit the iron throne in the end, good, they are as shytty as her. If that’s GRRM’s plan, fine, at least he will make the journey more interesting

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
To be fair, he killed Viserion too, or are we just counting human kills?
i was counting humans but you right.... He was mainly just letting his goons do all his work

Puts modern bombing campaigns into perspective.

#targset might not come out on top, but they've proven to be the gulliest set in tv history. when khaleesi unleashed the flutes it was pure :damn:

she made cersei go from :demonic: to :sadbron: in minutes.

if only she flew to winterfell once the battle was won and burnt that snake bish sansa in her bum ass castle.
Targset nikka, burn civilians and the bushes nikka :birdman:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Targs are emotionally imbalanced due to being products of incest...

Wish Dany got the Dragons earlier and roasted Joffery...
Was this explicitly stated in the show? That's why I'm not surprised by the Dany heel turn because the books said that incest makes Targs crazy, so it was only a matter of time. The only holding Dany back to me was her listening to her advisors.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
That Tyrion/Jaime convo tho :mjcry:

Euron being the greatest captain of the Sea's you'd think he would have a better of the winds changing pretty quickly but :yeshrug:

Those wack ass windows (I know this is based around the 1950's but still :damn: )

Arya did take Jaime lite's horse tho :obama:

y'all talking about the Dothraki but there's still a shyt ton of Unsullied too (if anything far more than you'd think)

Greyworm being on the war path was cool as hell tho :yeshrug:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
This whole shyt felt like something you'd watch on TBS :mjlol:......every scene felt forced and the CGI was terrible. The dialogue between Jamie and Tyrion in that goodbye scene was cringey as fukk. Then they cried in eachothers arms like some bytches. Realistically this should have a powerful moment, but instead I was just sitting there like "this shyt gay as hell":dahell:.....that whole scene was uncomfortable. The writing was so bad it actually made Peter Dinklage look like a bad actor. They had Jamie and Tyrion both acting way out of character.

And the whole battle was awful. You had Cersei smiling in the beginning like she had a master plan. 3 minutes later she's shytting herself and having a panick attack. I mean if they wanted to make Cersei look like a dumb bytch who was in way over her head, I get it. But the execution was terrible.

Then we got clegane bowl which I was happy about. But once again the execution was terrible. It felt like there was no emotion to it. No feeling. It just happened and then it was over. I felt absolutely nothing when the hound took both of em out.

And I don't even know where to begin with that Jamie vs euron fight:mindblown:.....the shyt was super corny and random as hell. And it wasn't even needed. Nobody gave a fukk about euron like that. Shoulda just had him die on those boats and nobody woulda complained.

And the way Jamie and Cersei went out was weak. All that character building just for Jamie to relapse and go out like a beta simp. What was the point of his whole redemption arc?:dahell:

The only dope scene in this episode was varys getting murked. Took off his jewels and accepted his fate like a man:yeshrug:

And I still don't know what the fukk is gonna happen between sansa and dany. I mean realistically sansa should be put to death just like varys. But jon ain't gonna let that happen. You see grey worm look at Jon in disgust when he was trying to hold his men back?.....shyt gonna hit the fan next episode. seems like they're setting up arya for the kill on dany. It was really the only reason to include her in this episode. But honestly at this point I'm just trying to get this shyt wrapped up. These guys just keep digging themselves in a deeper hole and it's inexcusable now. They completely half assed this whole shyt.
Why exactly did you enjoy episode 3? Imo it’s just as bad as everything that’s happened since.