Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I'm watching a Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds documentary on HBO... I can't tell if this was made and running on HBO prior to their deaths, but I'm really enjoying it.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Watching The Office from the beginning
It amazes me how the cast members kept a straight face on set with Steve Carrell..I would've been laughing non stop :russ:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Put me on game. Where did you go to be called for casting calls

I'm registered with an agency called central casting. I think their website is centralcasting.com

I personally went to Fayettville, GA. They were having open calls for the new Avengers movie. I think that once you're with them, they will get in touch for anything though. I need to move to G.A. though, this is definitely not wavy.

I was talking with a woman at the Avengers call and she was saying Georgia will probably turn into a major movie production hub ( if not already) Cheaper cost of production for them.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just got done watching White men can't jump. Chemistry between Wesley and Woody in this movie was :wow:

One thing I don't understand though, was when Gloria took back Billy and they were in the park after Sydnee's place got broken into,and he needed Billy's help to get his family out of Vista View apartments. I feel if Sydnee would have stepped in and explained the situation to Gloria, she would have been more understanding of letting Billy use the money to go play that game.

But it just came across to her like Billy was resorting back to old ways on her dime.

Other then that good movie

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

The vcr was the devil!! Me & the pause button and play play (fast foward & play at the same time) and the slow down button would have my sisters & I laughing for hours at this scene.

BASEBALL STUFF!!!! Yay!!

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- hannah might be the best netflix villain of all time

- deer white people is a chore to watch

- cant wait to see alien covenant

- i hope the DCEU follows injustice

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm convinced any network show - even ones that look like absolute shyt and don't make it to season 2 - would have buzz if they were released in the Netflix format.

every time a new Netflix show comes out it takes the world by storm for a couple weeks, and people act like it's breaking the mold in some way. it's instantly in the zeitgeist for some reason, meanwhile 20 new dramas come out on networks every season, no one makes a peep about them, and they fade away by mid season.

the "binge watch" format is causing you to believe these shows are better than they actually are. it's like 85% the fact people can absorb the story all at once.

don't @ me.

... unless you rightfully agree with my astute assessment

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm convinced any network show - even ones that look like absolute shyt and don't make it to season 2 - would have buzz if they were released in the Netflix format.

every time a new Netflix show comes out it takes the world by storm for a couple weeks, and people act like it's breaking the mold in some way. it's instantly in the zeitgeist for some reason, meanwhile 20 new dramas come out on networks every season, no one makes a peep about them, and they fade away by mid season.

the "binge watch" format is causing you to believe these shows are better than they actually are. it's like 85% the fact people can absorb the story all at once.

don't @ me.

... unless you rightfully agree with my astute assessment
I've been saying this on this forum for a couple years whenever folks try to compare Netflix's original programming lineup is way better than the various cable networks' original programming

How many cable shows (good or bad) that get slept on would benefit if they were a Netflix show instead airing weekly on Cable network?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I've been saying this on this forum for a couple years whenever folks try to compare Netflix's original programming lineup is way better than the various cable networks' original programming

How many cable shows (good or bad) that get slept on would benefit if they were a Netflix show instead airing weekly on Cable network?
I'm willing to be bold and say most of them.