Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Ezkh

Pro
Daps
All these Daigo talks made me think about that ooooold video from crazy Japanese viewers. The umeshoryu was even real in Guilty Gear.

But i have to agree on the fact that Daigo is just past his prime now. He ain't winning EVO anymore. But at least he did some pretty good shyt for the new generation of SFV & SFVI players in Japan.

Also, i feel bad for iDom. Going to being dominant as hell on SFV to just being a virtual punching bag on SF6 must hurt. It's crazy that he keeps playing that character, but from what he said he's just tanking until Elena ? I hope he'll click with her more than with Manon.

Last edited:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny because it's very likely that these Japanese players are living better than their American counterparts.

Imagine being a Mexican KOF player, with all the shyt they have to go through to just get to Evo, and seeing a tweet like this:dahell: Juan used most of his yearly earnings and had visa issues but you're trying to buy Momochi lunch:dahell::mjlol:

I have no picks for Evo. Over the years I've learned it's best to not have any picks till after day one because most nikkas picks get eliminated on Friday:mjlol:

Also Bison is broken so there's the fukkery with that
PAkistani Tekken players need help from their friends and family to pay for the trips IF they are even allowed to enter the country. They need all the help in the world to get a visum.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah once online got better the gaps got smaller, plus its wayyyyy more players.

it used to be a definite ceiling on how good you could get if you didn't have a good scene, now its almost not even required to go to locals if you have them.

on a sidenote this shyt is omega poverty...

7th place for sf6. a 5k man tourney got less than 500 dollars :mjlol:

side side note. they need to free infiltration. its getting dumb how he being treated. folks calling him a rapist :dahell:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Yeah once online got better the gaps got smaller, plus its wayyyyy more players.

it used to be a definite ceiling on how good you could get if you didn't have a good scene, now its almost not even required to go to locals if you have them.

side side note. they need to free infiltration. its getting dumb how he being treated. folks calling him a rapist :dahell:
For as big as Evo is, that's insulting. How much was first place tho?

SCJoe

All Star
Daps

I bet their twitch and Youtube is popping like a mofo, not to mention sponsor dollars now that you are "proven". There are guys that went top 8 15 years ago that are still all in the video's dancing and whatnot.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps

They can definitely afford higher prize pool. Greedy ass mf.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah EVO payouts have always been low for the hype they draw. Probably because there are other tournaments and prize pools additionally happening for other games. However, the money around FGC in general is low compared to other games/genres.

When you look at something like League of Legends, that Faker cat has a net worth of around ~$80-$90 mil from tournament winnings, sponsors, salary, etc. Dude turned down a $20 mil/year contract to play for another team and said he'd turn down $100 mil.

Over here getting documentaries presented by Mercedes-Benz:

After about 40 tournaments and nearly 30 years, Daigo has a net worth around $300k. Probably more, but nothing close to the MOBA's like League of Legends.

Last edited: