Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
qf8g8ddtowrb1.png
I hate yall :laff:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I don't know if it's just me but as a spectator Street Fighter 6 kinda boring to watch. It's like meta hasn't really progressed much since the launch/evo.

I know street fighter players hated 5, but 5 was more interesting to watch for me. There was something about infiltrations Nash, Nemo's Urien, Punks Karin damn near being unbeatable and originating that character. Luffy/fuudo r Mika, Tokidos Akuma, Fujimura's ibuki and so on. To be fair street fighter 5 wasn't really good until season 2.5/3 but sheesh.

I don't know if the characters don't interest me or if the drive meter mechanics (drive rush/parry/impact). The neutral seems even more hectic than 5.

I don't know, but what I do know; every time the game goes to third round, guaranteed a player gonna combo into Level 3. Very few matches have interested me, I think the most interesting thing to me is Mena RD's Blanka

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I don't know if it's just me but as a spectator Street Fighter 6 kinda boring to watch. It's like meta hasn't really progressed much since the launch/evo.

I know street fighter players hated 5, but 5 was more interesting to watch for me. There was something about infiltrations Nash, Nemo's Urien, Punks Karin damn near being unbeatable and originating that character. Luffy/fuudo r Mika, Tokidos Akuma, Fujimura's ibuki and so on. To be fair street fighter 5 wasn't really good until season 2.5/3 but sheesh.

I don't know if the characters don't interest me or if the drive meter mechanics (drive rush/parry/impact). The neutral seems even more hectic than 5.

I don't know, but what I do know; every time the game goes to third round, guaranteed a player gonna combo into Level 3. Very few matches have interested me, I think the most interesting thing to me is Mena RD's Blanka

I think you’re half right breh, but mostly it’s recency bias. SFV season 1 was a struggle compared to SF6’s season 1, and SFV’s competitive scene didn’t pick up till Season 3. Keep in mind V didn’t patch anything for 10 months, so those characters you mentioned were insanely busted where players like Flash Debtroid were relevant. I think Drive Rush is the main culprit behind a lot chaos as it’s the only mechanic that plays favorites.

Overall, SF6 is right around SFV’s season 2; Ken/JP/Luke, damage in general, & meter gain makes it boring since it can instantly steam roll competition. Add that to the fact the best aren’t playing the best like at SFV’s peak and I get what you’re saying. SF6 has more room to evolve over its life span compared to 4 or 5 and that’s what makes me excited for the competitive scene.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
That Flexas vs Tristate 12v12 in MK1 was :whew:

GRR running over half the team with Geras overheads and time rewinds :mjlol:

Go to 13:07:04 if the video doesn't automatically take you there.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Drive system doesn't make for great spectator show.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

SFV was asscheeks to watch until V-Trigger 2 and characters like Kolin, Seth and G got in the mix. That game had NO fukking depth at launch. SF6 feels that way because the universal mechanics in it are so strong. But characters like Ken, JP and Cammy are just so much better equipped to utilize them that they dominate matchups.

On top of that, SF6 ain't got neutral like V. Raw DR, Rashid, AKI, Ken and so many other characters can just skip nuetral and go in basically for free. So if you're expecting methodical, footsie based fighting SF6 just ain't that game.

Lastly the roster is small for SF6 comparatively. Lets circle back in two years and see how we feel, especially after Akuma drops.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
The Marvel 3 modding community has been going hard lately. working on porting all the correct animations from MVCI to Marvel 3 which is possible due to now be able to create custom animations before they were just being creative with the animations in game.

Can't wait to see how it continues to progress.