Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this is kinda weird since other fighters said that up + down needs to equal up and now Capcom wants to have up + down equal neutral, so hitboxes will need to what have a switch that switches for both styles or something.

I still find it funny that people were mad with the instant flash kick shyt when you can do the same thing on pad with the d-pad and the left analog stick.
Good on Capcom. They're being proactive knowing that shyt is about to get nasty with so much money on the line. They were gonna have to do this sooner or later

And your pad example ain't CLOSE to the same thing. It's not very practical to hold dpad and analog stick with whatever weird hand motions you made up while in the heat of a match. Hitbox you're just using two fingers

That shyt is cheating breh:mjlol:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Ya'll knew Jamie Lee Curtis was a fighting game geek like that :leon:

I was out of the circles around the mid 2010's so had no idea this happened.

Her daughter and in-law even got married cosplaying Skullgirls and Guilty Gear:

Step in that house and probably get bodied :wow:

yeah she was at evo 2015. she's also a fan of one piece.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Good on Capcom. They're being proactive knowing that shyt is about to get nasty with so much money on the line. They were gonna have to do this sooner or later

And your pad example ain't CLOSE to the same thing. It's not very practical to hold dpad and analog stick with whatever weird hand motions you made up while in the heat of a match. Hitbox you're just using two fingers

That shyt is cheating breh:mjlol:
No I get it and hell I use hitbox, I just found it funny.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Yeah this is kinda weird since other fighters said that up + down needs to equal up and now Capcom wants to have up + down equal neutral, so hitboxes will need to what have a switch that switches for both styles or something.

I still find it funny that people were mad with the instant flash kick shyt when you can do the same thing on pad with the d-pad and the left analog stick.
Ergonomics. Try that shyt now and see how awkward it is

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Ergonomics. Try that shyt now and see how awkward it is
Oh I know, that shyt is dumb and awkward to do, I just remember there was a pad Guile player that played that way, think it was Nuckledu that played like that.

The funny thing is that with this change is now it'll let down down inputs like Chun's up kicks be instant since you can hold down and hit up once and it'll count as hitting down twice.

And now instead of instant flash kicks, it's gonna be instant uppercuts will happen since you can 629 for the motion.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perhaps the answer is to just git rid of them shyts altogether, lol!
Yea if this is not fixed before SF6 they need to ban them shyts till a solution arises.

This is part Capcom's fault too for making half measures when they should've banned it with their chest:russ: but it's also an easy mistake to make because Capcom games don't incorporate neutral state in the mechanics as much as something like Tekken or VF

Imagine this shyt with Modern controls :huhldup: :huhldup: :huhldup: :huhldup:

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yea if this is not fixed before SF6 they need to ban them shyts till a solution arises.

This is oart Capcom's fault too for making hlf measures when they should've banned it with their chest:russ: but it's also an easy mistake to make because Capcom games don't incorporate neutral state in the mechanics as much as something like Tekken or VF

Imagine this shyt with Modern controls :huhldup: :huhldup: :huhldup: :huhldup:
Personally, I have no real qualms about the hitbox and have played folks using them. Some can outplay me and some still couldn't, so it's whatever. But if this joint just keeps finding more and more easy ways to "cheat" with it, then fukk it. Toss it to the bushes.

Eddie Brock

All Star
Daps
Any brehs plan on attending/ competing in Texas Showdown this year? I’m contemplating jumping in the MK 11 tournament :jbhmm: