Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think I kinda see what the arguments are. One of the issues is the fact that in tournaments, you have people possibly volunteering their consoles for use. If anything, the consoles are uniform. All of them have the same type of hardware and run similarly. On the other hand if you were to request PCs, not everyone has access to top performing PCs, and as such would most likely be disqualified from volunteering them for use. Or the PCs would be of varying performance. You need to set a uniform standard. For example, one needs to decide what the PC brand is going to be, whether it's going to be laptop or desktop, its specs, etc. And then like O.Red mentioned, you need to consider the number of PCs needed in large field tournaments, as well as the number of people needed to troubleshoot. If PCs are to be the standard for FG tournaments, then someone should create a business for that particular purpose.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think I kinda see what the arguments are. One of the issues is the fact that in tournaments, you have people possibly volunteering their consoles for use. If anything, the consoles are uniform. All of them have the same type of hardware and run similarly. On the other hand if you were to request PCs, not everyone has access to top performing PCs, and as such would most likely be disqualified from volunteering them for use. Or the PCs would be of varying performance. You need to set a uniform standard. For example, one needs to decide what the PC brand is going to be, whether it's going to be laptop or desktop, its specs, etc. And then like O.Red mentioned, you need to consider the number of PCs needed in large field tournaments, as well as the number of people needed to troubleshoot. If PCs are to be the standard for FG tournaments, then someone should create a business for that particular purpose.
There are. Lenovo, Dell. HP. I was IT for the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. All of Hyatt ordered the same range of computers, with a few changeable options, with special pricing, billing and service agreements. Every manufacturer worth a shyt has an entire business division that does exactly this.

Evo could have set this up three to six months before the PS5/XSX launches, told everyone "We're moving to PC! We are partnering with PC Company X, using Model Y as the base for the foreseeable future. For special Evo pricing, purchase from our link..." and anyone who wants to be on the Evo standard could have spent the same or less 500 to get that instead of scrambling to get a next gen console, or in addition to, if you're that serious. Art and/or some of the FGC IT nerds would have a torrent with an image with all relevant games, drivers and whatever other software within a week, updated whenever a new game comes out. I'm not even saying it what should have been done, just saying it's totally doable.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Aight somebody explain this fukkery

So the Panda Gaming CEO colluded against the Smash World Tour and ended up getting Nintendo to cancel the whole shyt :gucci: resulting in everyone currently abondoning the team, Punk announced he left a few days ago???

If i was one of those Smash TO's Dr Luke gotta run me my fade :wow: on sight whooping on this man at every event

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight somebody explain this fukkery

So the Panda Gaming CEO colluded against the Smash World Tour and ended up getting Nintendo to cancel the whole shyt :gucci: resulting in everyone currently abondoning the team, Punk announced he left a few days ago???

If i was one of those Smash TO's Dr Luke gotta run me my fade :wow: on sight whooping on this man at every event
Panda tried to play Mafia and offer "protection" to the other Smash TOs, on some get down or lay down shyt

I think Nintendo quietly put the battery in Panda's back once they saw what they were trying to do

Smash scene been fighting back tho

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Brehs I’m drunk as fukk in shibuya and there isn’t a single SFV arcade here. My plan was to fukk around until I hit Roppongi, but it’s all Tekken, Gundam, and rhythm games. :why:

The fukk am I supposed to do, spend 10$ on Tekken with my day one Katerina mashing DFx2 4. :damn:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Brehs I’m drunk as fukk in shibuya and there isn’t a single SFV arcade here. My plan was to fukk around until I hit Roppongi, but it’s all Tekken, Gundam, and rhythm games. :why:

The fukk am I supposed to do, spend 10$ on Tekken with my day one Katerina mashing DFx2 4. :damn:

Head to the old Sega arcade in Akihabara. Top floor there is a SF5 cabinet. Also a bunch of other video games.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

justin wong was there about a week ago. capcom scene looked strong.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thems fightin herds is free today on Epic games. Just messed around with it a little in training mode. Seems well put together.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's this shyt I'm hearing about Arturo Sanchez basically stealing money I guess? Anyone got all the details on that?

• Wow
Reactions: s@n