Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can configure a PC to turn on and start SF automatically in 5 minutes. Universal stick compatibility. It's not that hard.
It's not about hard or easy it's about overall convenience and recognizable factors

The majority of fighting game players, gamers period are not gonna drop consoles and go have a PC built for gaming

What FGC PC nikkas fail to accept is that although it's understood that PC is the best experience for fighting games, that shyt is only important to 3% of everyone

Hell even amongst the very best that have known this for years most of them still haven't converted to PC or are smart enough to get enough console play in that they place high and win majors

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's not about hard or easy it's about overall convenience and recognizable factors

The majority of fighting game players, gamers period are not gonna drop consoles and go have a PC built for gaming

What FGC PC nikkas fail to accept is that although it's understood that PC is the best experience for fighting games, that shyt is only important to 3% of everyone

Hell even amongst the very best that have known this for years most of them still haven't converted to PC or are smart enough to get enough console play in that they place high and win majors
If you make it the standard, people will adapt. If nikkas upkeep and break out Dreamcasts modded to hell, a low cost small PC is nothing. The same 500 for a console will get you right. They're user repairable. You can make a ghost image to fix and fully install a corrupted machine in minutes. All games can be on the same machine. It's the same price and cost as moving to a new gen console, and it would make things easier for players and TOs. Like Art said, it's politics AKA Sony.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Huge Lan Parties were the way to play multiplayer before the internet. Dudes carried around there own PCs to play. This was before everything was auto optimized for you also, and when computers were mad expensive

Now TO's want to act like they can't get 20 or so PCs for play.

They can fly out and house 8 commentators, hire folks to setup and run the streams with all kinds of graphics and overlays.

But PCs :francis: not feasible...

What don't y'all understand about the ease of securing and or renting a console compared to a PC? Within my friend group I could ask them to borrow a PS4 and get 10 of them right now if I were running a tournament.

I've been to a few tournaments here in Toronto and it has always been PS4, guys entering will volunteer their own to be used.

Maybe it's the same if you're in a PC oriented community but getting 10 PCs in the same amount of time and doing all of the configurations, seems like more of a hassle.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
If you make it the standard, people will adapt. If nikkas upkeep and break out Dreamcasts modded to hell, a low cost small PC is nothing. The same 500 for a console will get you right. They're user repairable. You can make a ghost image to fix and fully install a corrupted machine in minutes. All games can be on the same machine. It's the same price and cost as moving to a new gen console, and it would make things easier for players and TOs. Like Art said, it's politics AKA Sony.
I’m sure somebody mentioned it but damn near the whole tekken community went to pc once it became apparent the console version was the lesser version

s@n

All Star
Daps
I’m sure somebody mentioned it but damn near the whole tekken community went to pc once it became apparent the console version was the lesser version
Yeah, but the nexus of that scene is in countries that have an infrastructure (High speed Internet, Internet cafe culture) that supports that adaptation. Games like SF5/6 and MK have a different "curb appeal" that lends itself to a much more diversified consumer base. Gaming cafes are niche in the US.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My god I remember this nikka being a twig. Wtf happened? Somebody, please intervene. I know his blood pressure is insane because mine is and I at least got some muscle on me and my gut ain't as big. I'm mindblown.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What don't y'all understand about the ease of securing and or renting a console compared to a PC? Within my friend group I could ask them to borrow a PS4 and get 10 of them right now if I were running a tournament.

I've been to a few tournaments here in Toronto and it has always been PS4, guys entering will volunteer their own to be used.

Maybe it's the same if you're in a PC oriented community but getting 10 PCs in the same amount of time and doing all of the configurations, seems like more of a hassle.
They're not gonna accept it:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you'll just lose more people that you barely have anyway.

Again with fgc nikkas and their stubborn ass perspectives. Mentioning nikkas playing on modded Dreamcasts like they ain't a SUPER minority:mjlol: There prob ain't even 100 nikkas still playing mvc2 on modded Dreamcasts

We're talking about an entire gaming scene of thousands of people playing games that are inherently attached to consoles.

Trying to force PC standard to cater to a few nikkas is like telling all of America "Hey y'all we're not doing gasoline anymore Diesel is the new standard. Thanks enjoy your day"

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
They could run top 32 or top 8 on PC at most tournaments.

I don't know when this happened but here's a video about rapper/fgc drama. Yea Diago sandbagged but its still fukk Chris G

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I can configure a PC to turn on and start SF automatically in 5 minutes. Universal stick compatibility. It's not that hard.
Negro, that's you tho. Not the average gamer. And despite all that, you still can't place higher than 0-2 in a tournament anyways so...

It's all about what @O.Red said, it's a matter of convenience of the norm and you PC cats never understanding the context of that on a general basis, as usual.

There's also the blatant disregard of the fact that if/whenever shyt can and/or does go wrong, the fixes on a general level are not going to be universally as simple to fix on PCS as they would on consoles. Just the same, the set ups and configurations are also just more timely to do than on console. What you can do in your proclaimed 5 minutes above for your PC configs is generally done in 1 minute on console.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Negro, that's you tho. Not the average gamer. And despite all that, you still can't place higher than 0-2 in a tournament anyways so...

It's all about what @O.Red said, it's a matter of convenience of the norm and you PC cats never understanding the context of that on a general basis, as usual.

There's also the blatant disregard of the fact that if/whenever shyt can and/or does go wrong, the fixes on a general level are not going to be universally as simple to fix on PCS as they would on consoles. Just the same, the set ups and configurations are also just more timely to do than on console. What you can do in your proclaimed 5 minutes above for your PC configs is generally done in 1 minute on console.
Me, or Art, or whoever could distribute files so everyone could, but you're more concerned with being a snarky bytch than learning. If everyone got the same model, which opens up volume discounts, which don't exist in the console space, then EVERYONE could use the EXACT. SAME. IMAGE.

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It is funny people are still people are still using the tired argument that "PC IZ 2 HARD TO USE!!!", like the top players are not playing on PC when they are not at tournaments. You can go to any fighting game stream on Twitch/Youtube and ask what the streamer is playing on and they will say PC. The biggest Gaming tournaments (Dota, LoL, CS, etc) run on PC just fine. This is not 2002, it is 2022. Millions of people play games on PC and know how to install and use programs. There are online tournaments every week on PC with little to no issues, with the vast majority of issues being the internet.

Fighting games do not require the same amount of resources as Cyberpunk or another graphically intensive game, you can easily put together or buy a gaming PC for 400-700 dollars:

No real excuse to run tournaments in 2022 or later with inferior hardware, people need to stop being hard headed.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
They could run top 32 or top 8 on PC at most tournaments.

I don't know when this happened but here's a video about rapper/fgc drama. Yea Diago sandbagged but its still fukk Chris G

Not giving him any clicks, but Flocka is saying he will whoop anyone in MK11 and Tekken.

Good promo for the FGC tbh

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Pc is already the standard for playing high level tekken outside of tournaments. A lot of rollback updates are PC only like guilty gear +R, xrd, blazblue, etc. PCs can handle ps4/xbox controllers easily anyways. A lot of titles are also moving to crossplay like strive, and sf so the pool of players is the same on all of them.

I dont buy this pc migration fear angle, its more a matter of logistics at tournaments. Even the one PC major defend the north required serious planning and was more of a proof of concept

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is funny people are still people are still using the tired argument that "PC IZ 2 HARD TO USE!!!", like the top players are not playing on PC when they are not at tournaments. You can go to any fighting game stream on Twitch/Youtube and ask what the streamer is playing on and they will say PC. The biggest Gaming tournaments (Dota, LoL, CS, etc) run on PC just fine. This is not 2002, it is 2022. Millions of people play games on PC and know how to install and use programs. There are online tournaments every week on PC with little to no issues, with the vast majority of issues being the internet.

Fighting games do not require the same amount of resources as Cyberpunk or another graphically intensive game, you can easily put together or buy a gaming PC for 400-700 dollars:

No real excuse to run tournaments in 2022 or later with inferior hardware, people need to stop being hard headed.

I'm trying, in the most respectful possible way to say y'all don't know what you're talking about:russ: How many of y'all have run or helped run tournaments? Because you're missing huge chunks of logistics in your "PC for all" crusade

To address your first point I hate to break it to you but top 8 of EVO for SF5 were the nikkas who were smart enough to stop playing PC months before the tournament:mjlol: That PC 120hz overclock everything shyt is cool at home but that's at HOME. You still gotta deal with the reality that the overwhelming majority of players don't play PC and have an advantage over you. A lot of top players play PC yea but the smartest ones know when to turn that bytch off and boot up the PS4

Y'all need to dead the "these other games main PC" argument because there's shyt y'all CLEARLY ain't thinking about. 2 large reasons

1. What y'all are missing about PC games like Dota and League are their tournaments are invitationals. Invitationals for TEAM games. Invitationals are usually top 32 maybe top 64 and teams which means a limited number of PC setups. Realistically around 15-20 setups

Fighting game tournaments are largely OPEN BRACKET which means the scalability of PCs in that structure is terrifying. It's easy to post these links and talk that easy shyt until it's EVO and you're dealing with 1300 for Street Fighter which would require 300 PCs to run

"Bububu Art just ran Defend The North on PC" What nikkas don't know or tell y'all is Art had a TEAM of troubleshooters to deal with all the PC issues that arose(because they do arise). Again scale that out to a major. I can promise you a majors tournaments supply of PC troubleshooters will not be cheap, especially when FGC tournaments RELY on VOLUNTEERS. If y'all ran or helped run tournaments you would know this. Why bother with all that potential inevitable expense when console requires a fraction of the care and busy work?????

That's what you miss with these links and rhetoric. It ain't me you have to convince. Most TOs would cuss y'all out for the shyt you're presenting:russ:

2. Nikkas barely play fighting games as is:russ: I don't know how popular you think fighting games are but we need all the new players we can get. And I can't think of a faster way to drop nikkas back into the early 2000s dark years than switching to PC standard. Imagine putting your curious friend onto the FGC. He gets interested then you hit him with the "Ok for starters your PS4/5 aint shyt. If you wanna be worth anything in this game you need to have a PC built and...."

Nikka don't nobody wanna hear that shyt:mjlol: I don't know why it's so hard for y'all to grasp that fighting games are native to consoles like they have been for 30 years. Consoles are simple and easy for the average person to understand and implement

Again y'all trying to make Diesel fuel the standard and don't find the notion ridiculous:russ:

What I said about TOs applies here too. It ain't ME you have to convince. It's an entire FGC full of nikkas that don't deeply care about PC and would feel alienated by you impractical ass nikkas:mjlol:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: s@n