Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea pretty sure bum tournies be having bigger pots by a considerable margin lol
Yea but nikkas don't listen to Bum despite him showing he knows what he's doing. They don't listen to Arturo either

Bum JUST had a 20k pot for DBFZ

It's also amazing that Evo ain't done shyt with Matcherino and shows that they're out of touch. Arturo and Sp00ky got nikkas getting paid for playing old ass shyt like Alpha 2 off of Matcherino funds

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yea but nikkas don't listen to Bum despite him showing he knows what he's doing. They don't listen to Arturo either

Bum JUST had a 20k pot for DBFZ

It's also amazing that Evo ain't done shyt with Matcherino and shows that they're out of touch. Arturo and Sp00ky got nikkas getting paid for playing old ass shyt like Alpha 2 off of Matcherino funds

Bro, Yipez had a DNF WEEKLY that hit $3k last month. But where did that money come from? It wasn't ArcSys...it wasn't Eighting. It was the PEOPLE.
Crowdfunding, skins, whatever, it doesn't matter. These devs have shown that if you aren't participating in their microtrans system, then the pots will be scuffed. So if you want them to be bigger without that then crowdfund directly with the TOs. Either way, that bread is coming out of the communities pocket.

Would you take shyt lobbies, or shyt actual online matches.

That's fair.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, Yipez had a DNF WEEKLY that hit $3k last month. But where did that money come from? It wasn't ArcSys...it wasn't Eighting. It was the PEOPLE.
Crowdfunding, skins, whatever, it doesn't matter. These devs have shown that if you aren't participating in their microtrans system, then the pots will be scuffed. So if you want them to be bigger without that then crowdfund directly with the TOs. Either way, that bread is coming out of the communities pocket.

That's fair.
Ironically Bum comes from Smash, and Smash have always been the best crowdfunders in the fgc(if you include them :mjlol: )

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that SF5 is in it's last days and Evo is over it's a good time to go over all the ways Capcom tried to nerf the black man:wow:

Ran Mike Ross away from the fgc while trying to finesse and unsuccessfully repackage his ideas

Ran Snake Eyez into hiding away on Twitch by making Zangief horrible because "They don't want Snake to win" (this is a true story). Snake been jaded ever since

Cut Karin's legs off every season to nerf Punk, who still found a way to dominate with the character

Destroyed Birdie after MenaRDs Capcom Cup win

Created V Shift BECAUSE OF IDOM(no seriously)

Honorable mention to Dudley and C. Viper not making it into SF5 in spite of their popularity. Just so happened that Smug and Wolfkrone were wrecking shyt with those characters. Towards the end of SF4 Smug was WASHING Japan

All this and nikkas still ran SF5 :mjlol: :wow:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
1st it was "companies cant afford to have a pot more than $5k", then it was "well they have their own tournament and the pot is larger there". So which is it?

As another poster stated, if you want to grow the audience you cant boil everything down to one event. You need to have anticipated events throughout the year. And no its not all about the money, its that the money will bring more people and eyes to the event.

I honestly believe MORE Evo type events is what the industry needs in general because while i tuned in for SF, once i saw KOF 15 and Strive, i spent more time watching those. I never would have booted up a KOF or Strive exclusive event. But now that i have seen those games and liked what i saw, i may.

Bruh you said we need to buy skins if we think the pots should be larger than 1-5k.

We don’t need to buy a damn skin to have the pot be more than 1000 dollars at Evo breh. I can put that in a damn pot monthly from my paycheck. fukk what Capcom said, they can spare more than that.
THANK YOU

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Now that SF5 is in it's last days and Evo is over it's a good time to go over all the ways Capcom tried to nerf the black man:wow:

Ran Mike Ross away from the fgc while trying to finesse and unsuccessfully repackage his ideas

Ran Snake Eyez into hiding away on Twitch by making Zangief horrible because "They don't want Snake to win" (this is a true story). Snake been jaded ever since

Cut Karin's legs off every season to nerf Punk, who still found a way to dominate with the character

Honorable mention to Dudley and C. Viper not making it into SF5 in spite of their popularity. Just so happened that Smug and Wolfkrone were wrecking shyt with those characters. Towards the end of SF4 Smug was WASHING Japan

Bro, Smug in SF4 was some of the most disgusting shyt I ever saw. But how they did Karin was infuriating. They knew if they kept her strong Punk was about to WASH Japan.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Ran Mike Ross away from the fgc while trying to finesse and unsuccessfully repackage his ideas Please elaborate

Ran Snake Eyez into hiding away on Twitch by making Zangief horrible because "They don't want Snake to win" (this is a true story). Snake been jaded ever since Who actually said that?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please elaborate

Who actually said that?
Capcom and Twitch hired Mike Ross as a token. He built up Capcom Pro Talk without support from either of them and was ignored until he eventually said fukk it and left everything. Capcom tried to create their own version and nikkas was :camby:

I can't say who said what because I probably shouldn't have even revealed that:mjlol: but those words came out the mouth of a Capcom employee. There's a reason Snake Eyez ain't smiled in 6 years:russ::snoop: SF5 Gief was a personal message to Snake

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Capcom and Twitch hired Mike Ross as a token. He built up Capcom Pro Talk without support from either of them and was ignored until he eventually said fukk it and left everything. Capcom tried to create their own version and nikkas was :camby:

I can't say who said what because I probably shouldn't have even revealed that:mjlol: but those words came out the mouth of a Capcom employee. There's a reason Snake Eyez ain't smiled in 6 years:russ::snoop: SF5 Gief was a personal message to Snake
fakkitry :beli: Them doing Gief like that is part of the reason I didn't play that shyt. They made a replacement of sorts with Abigail, then nerfed him for probably the same reason. They made grapplers not a thing anymore to hate on one man. fukk Capcom :pacspit: If they keep with that, I'm not buying 6.

Is no one confronting them about this?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fakkitry :beli: Them doing Gief like that is part of the reason I didn't play that shyt. They made a replacement of sorts with Abigail, then nerfed him for probably the same reason. They made grapplers not a thing anymore to hate on one man. fukk Capcom :pacspit: If they keep with that, I'm bot buying 6.
Grapplers in SF5 are actually great because of the way the game is built. 5-7 frame command grabs is nuts.

Abigail was actually broken in season 3. He was so outrageously broken they did an emergency patch a month later :mjlol:

Gief was shytted on PERSONALLY. Even when Snake left the game Gief still gets nerfed every season and is widely recognized as the worst character in the game now

Taking away greenhand, a move the nikka had in street fighter 2, is flagrant as hell:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Grapplers in SF5 are actually great because of the way the game is built. 5-7 frame command grabs is nuts.

Abigail was actually broken in season 3. He was so outrageously broken they did an emergency patch a month later :mjlol:

Gief was shytted on PERSONALLY. Even when Snake left the game Gief still gets nerfed every season and is widely recognized as the worst character in the game now

Taking away greenhand, a movie the nikka had in street fighter 2, is flagrant as hell:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Can't agree, unless I'm missing something. None see play now. SPD was 0+1 in SF4. How is the engine for 5 so different all those extra frames are still good?

I know Abigail was broken at the beginning, but they quickly started the nerf cycle until he completely fell off the map.

Again, I know all about the Gief shyt, because I play him. I stopped giving a fukk about the game because my favorite archetype kept getting nerfed to unnecessary lengths.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't agree, unless I'm missing something. None see play now. SPD was 0+1 in SF4. How is the engine for 5 so different all those extra frames are still good?

I know Abigail was broken at the beginning, but they quickly started the nerf cycle until he completely fell off the map.

Again, I know all about the Gief shyt, because I play him. I stopped giving a fukk about the game because my favorite archetype kept getting nerfed to unnecessary lengths.
That's inaccurate. Spd was 2-3f in sf4. The only thing that was 0f is Ultra 2 if I remember right.

Frame data alone don't tell the whole story. The reason grapplers are so good in SF5 is the lack of pushback. That's why tick throws ran the game. This also leads into why 3.1 Abigail was broken because he could chain cr lk with hardly any pushback leaving it a gamble guessing on a grab that would lead to you losing half your life, or cr lk opening you up into losing half your life :mjlol:

The perfect example is Mika and why she's so terrifying. Fhp is +3 on block with hardly ANY pushback, effectively making her 5f command grab 2f while the bytch has been in your grill the whole time. And Laura needs no explanation :huhldup:

Nikkas love and hate fighting games based on the frame data's relationship to the pushback and don't even realize it

But yea after the first big Abigail nerf they just kept nerfing that nikka into the dirt :mjlol:

One of the reasons Gief himself is specifically terrible is he's not allowed to use pushback the way other competent characters do. All you get is cr jab into spd if you're lucky

Also Alex is terrifying. Nikkas sleep

Last edited: