Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
No he's absolutely right. One of the huge reasons fgc don't get paid is because of attitudes like this. Fgc nikkas don't spend money once they buy the game and a stick. I wouldn't pay y'all nikkas either :mjlol:

DLC and skins are the reason mobas have payouts in the millions. These companies ain't doing that shyt out of the kindness of their hearts. It's a relationship between the company and the consumer.

The reason Capcom Cup is able to pay 250k is because nikkas buy them skins and dlc. And they used to do the 50k pots for EvO before they created Capcom Cup so it ain't like it hasn't been happening

Again nikkas be sounding like WNBA players. Companies don't "toss" bread towards shyt they don't think is gonna have ROI. Dota can have $30 million dollar pots because of the money the game generates. Their tournaments have sold out the Staples Center. Nikkas BUY shyt constantly that's how mobas are constructed

I know fgc payouts are shyt but I know WHY they are. And too many fg players get mad and think nikkas supposed to just give us money. Plenty of companies have come and go just giving the fgc money thinking they were gonna get a decent return

We're lucky to get the money we're getting now because nikkas don't realize how close we are to some of this shyt being gone. Evo ran at a LOSS my nikka. I can promise you Sony rethinking purchasing the shyt

None of that equates to the winner only getting 1-5 thousand dollars breh. It’s an amount so low it’s almost offensive.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was good at one game, and had his own computer part line, and drove a FERRARI. He was a gaming nerd, but looked (at least surface) like he had a good life off it, and got p*ssy. THAT'S why fools were going crazy trying to play high level Quake III. You can't expect people to dedicate their lives to shyt like that for crumbs. Justin Wong should be as popular as Daigo is in Japan. A poor immigrant kid from NYC that took on the world, the marketing writes itself, but no one tried to capitalize (Triforce did, but he failed on some fronts, along with a huge dose of racism).
I addressed your points here in other posts so I won't be at the horse but again that "it's nothing for them to..." attitude don't happen anywhere in the world. Nikkas don't just give money away breh :russ:

To the point I quoted tho I've noticed American fgc tends to be dillusional or misinformed about shyt.

Daigo ain't that popular in Japan. He just another player. A great one, but just a player. AMERICA made Daigo what he is. Daigo said himself he didn't understand the Parry moment being so popular in America because in Japan that shyt is a regular day

American FGC been keeping shyt afloat for a while because honestly fgc is dying a slow death in Japan. The best Japanese players are 40+ and there are hardly any new players coming in because they float to other genres

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you told any of these companies I can get you at least 100k eyes for hours... Not just a few minutes they should be throwing money at that prospect.

However, players don't understand there value and they just love fighting games. Not only that what are they gonna do?

This is one of the cases were a publisher or a player has to transcend just the fgc but also be popular in other spaces for things besides fighting games.

Almost like Max but if he was also a top player. Imagine if Max was a top player but said yeah nah, I'm not competing in Evo because I'd make more money watching it at home and streaming with my fans.

Max had 25 to 50k viewers all Evo weekend. He made so much more than the players lol.

Right now there is no incentive for bigger pots and there isn't big enough nosie about it. And when there is what happens is they do there out tour. And Sony being involved now makes everything wayyyy more political on the back end.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of that equates to the winner only getting 1-5 thousand dollars breh. It’s an amount so low it’s almost offensive.
It absolutely does. You do realize that none of these companies own Evo right?

Some of y'all are misinformed or lacking info about things. Evo has had the big pot bonuses from Capcom and Namco and all that, the change here is these companies have created their own tournament series

DBFZ World Tour finals had a 80k pot

Tekken World Tour had a 200k pot

Mortal Kombat World Tour had a 500k pot

Capcom Cup during SF6 had 500k pot, with 250k going to the winner

Evo don't get big pots these days because the companies said fukk Evo we'll make our own shyt

Don't get it mistaken, FGC gets paid now more than ever and shyt has certainly improved in the last decade. My argument is how much better shyt can be and that nikkas gotta let go of certain attitude and delusions

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
FOH. It's not my job to make SF a success, it's CAPCOM's. I bought SF5 and DBZF for GP to "support", but don't play either. That's MORE than enough. I stopped playing in tournaments over a decade ago, so I don't have to do shyt. If they don't want to make the steps necessary for SF to work, they should stop making it. You sound retarded telling us WE have to pay extra for SF to be a viable tournament game. Why is that needed all of a sudden when SF is 30 years old? 25K is life changing to you I guess, but Capcom probably spends more than that on office furniture per year. It's nothing when you pull in 8 or 9 figures a year.

We ain't talking about the game being viable that ship has sailed. Esports, however is EXTRA, therefore everyone's effort should be EXTRA. You don't think twice about paying to go to an NBA game (for more than $60 btw for SIGNIFICANTLY less hours of enjoyment) AND also buying jerseys, posters, stickers etc.

How is this any different?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I seriously doubt evo is being ran at a loss nowadays. if it is that is some gross idiocy considering there was like 23 hours of ads over 3 days.

Rick from here, I've had convos with him over TO'ing. People are not running these shyts at collosal losses any more, why would they?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It absolutely does. You don't realize that none of these companies own Evo right?

Some of y'all are misinformed or lacking info about things. Evo has had the big pot bonuses from Capcom and Namco and all that, the change here is these companies have created their own tournament series

DBFZ World Tour finals had a 80k pot

Tekken World Tour had a 200k pot

Mortal Kombat World Tour had a 500k pot

Capcom Cup during SF6 had 500k pot, with 250k going to the winner

Evo don't get big pots these days because the companies said fukk Evo we'll make our own shyt

Don't get it mistaken, FGC gets paid now more than ever and shyt has certainly improved in the last decade. My argument is how much better shyt can be and that nikkas gotta let go of certain attitude and delusions

TRUTH.
Again, there's a fundamental misunderstanding of how both business (which is what these game companies are) and the current esports/fgc climate. Developer run tournaments will ALWAYS have bigger pots. EVO is JUST A STOP on Tekken World Tour and CPT as far as those developers are concerned. EVO is running off legacy, the only reason it had larger pots was because it was simply the biggest.
Now that devs HAVE put the money up for their own seasons, people are upset that the EVO pots are down...mostly because the injection of cash isn't there from devs.

iDOM won 250k from CPT in 2019....you telling me that's a bullshyt amount of money?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously doubt evo is being ran at a loss nowadays. if it is that is some gross idiocy considering there was like 23 hours of ads over 3 days.

Rick from here, I've had convos with him over TO'ing. People are not running these shyts at collosal losses any more, why would they?
No I'm saying Evo this weekend was definitely run at a loss

Rick was visibly upset at the way shyt was run and you can bet he wasn't the only one. That's part of why I think they (Sony) went od with the ads. This was the lowest attendance in a decade

There were def some meetings yesterday

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Rick was visibly upset at the way shyt was run and you can bet he wasn't the only one. That's part of why I think they (Sony) went od with the ads. This was the lowest attendance in a decade

He always looks stressed at his shyt lol.

From people that went they say it was the best one they've been to as a competitor as you could actually get in games.

i've been twice and hated both, I actively avoid in person evo. I also fukking hate vegas.

IDK there is no right answer here, people shouldn't quit their day jobs essentially.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He always looks stressed at his shyt lol.

From people that went they say it was the best one they've been to as a competitor as you could actually get in games.

i've been twice and hated both, I actively avoid in person evo. I also fukking hate vegas.

IDK there is no right answer here, people shouldn't quit their day jobs essentially.
I'm not talking about the people. Ofc they love Evo. I'm talking about the event itself

The ticket sales were low this year :manny:

We talking about an event that costs millions to run and having the attendance of 10 years ago. That shyt ain't gonna fly

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking about the people. Ofc they love Evo. I'm talking about the event itself

The ticket sales were low this year :manny:

We talking about an event that costs millions to run and having the attendance of 10 years ago. That shyt ain't gonna fly

I personally have no fukking idea why its still in vegas. has to be one of the most comically price gouging places in the country. was 7 dollars for bottles of water when i was there in 2018. 7 dollars for water, in a desert. woat city

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

COVITO, man. People simply ain't got the cash they had before the panini.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally have no fukking idea why its still in vegas. has to be one of the most comically price gouging places in the country. was 7 dollars for bottles of water when i was there in 2018. 7 dollars for water, in a desert. woat city
Yea it's sunken cost fallacy at best

There was actually a point around 18 years ago where Evo was supposed to be in Houston but it never panned out

That shyt would be much easier on nikkas pockets :russ: