Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
FGC is still poverty, all this esports shyt is smoke and mirrors :mjcry: We might as well be still having evo in a hotel lobby

I’m surprised some Arab hasn’t just thrown a million out there on some just because shyt and see if they can have their own even better EVO at the same time.

The winners pot for all the games was only ~35k. That’s fukking embarrassing.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Didn't multiverses winners get 10k? I ready somewhere like the 25th placement got 850$.

And shoutout to my nikka NAKAT for winning Multiversus. A OG Brawl player!! He whooped my ass many times when we went down to jersey for the KTAR tournaments.

Leffen got 3rd in Strive as well.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Didn't multiverses winners get 10k? I ready somewhere like the 25th placement got 850$.

And shoutout to my nikka NAKAT for winning Multiversus. A OG Brawl player!! He whooped my ass many times when we went down to jersey for the KTAR tournaments.

Breh was talking legendary shyt on that stage :whew:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
These can't be real numbers

Then buy the skins and the DLC :manny:
Honestly. I felt the same way years ago...but then when Capcom literally started telling us. "Hey, if you want pots to be bigger, buy this $20 pack. Consider it a donation."
Cats didn't do it. It's a tough sell but as I get older, $20 to go towards something like this really ain't shyt. FGC needs to get off JUST pots to keep talent.

Also, once Project L drops it's a fukking wrap. You think Riot won't drop $100k day one to the winner of their first tournament. That shyts beer money to them. AND they would make it hand over fist from fighters and skins.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Honestly. I felt the same way years ago...but then when Capcom literally started telling us. "Hey, if you want pots to be bigger, buy this $20 pack. Consider it a donation."
Cats didn't do it. It's a tough sell but as I get older, $20 to go towards something like this really ain't shyt. FGC needs to get off JUST pots to keep talent.

Also, once Project L drops it's a fukking wrap. You think Riot won't drop $100k day one to the winner of their first tournament. That shyts beer money to them. AND they would make it hand over fist from fighters and skins.

Nah, that's cap.

2019 Evo SF5 1st place was $31K

Kawano won 5K first place when that was the 4th place prize in 2019.

All around they reduced the pot. 2 stacks for MK11 is embarrassing.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nah, that's cap.

2019 Evo SF5 1st place was $31K

Kawano won 5K first place when that was the 4th place prize in 2019.

All around they reduced the pot. 2 stacks for MK11 is embarrassing.
These multimillion (or billion) dollar companies can throw 10 or 20K in the pot for the biggest tournament of the year. They're either stupid or so greedy they can't see how the big E-Sports games go. Capcom should, despite them having their own tour. It's a tiny tax write off, and is promotion and encouragement for people to play their game. Idiocy.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
These multimillion (or billion) dollar companies can throw 10 or 20K in the pot for the biggest tournament of the year. They're either stupid or so greedy they can't see how the big E-Sports games go. Capcom should, despite them having their own tour. It's a tiny tax write off, and is promotion and encouragement for people to play their game. Idiocy.
Especially when they promote the next season of DLC or their next game.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

That’s bullshyt. They could toss the winner 25-50k and not miss it at all. It’s basically advertising for them if done right. They couldn’t get an ad on tv for that low of a price.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s bullshyt. They could toss the winner 25-50k and not miss it at all. It’s basically advertising for them if done right. They couldn’t get an ad on tv for that low of a price.
Funny I was talking with a friend about this last night.

FGC is getting absolutely jerked, but that's what happen when you play for the love and want the scene to grow by any means. I think MVS and Project L and other free to play games are going shake up payouts big time.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hes a lucha character. ramon combos are more kick oriented and fuertes are more punch oriented. a similar character to ramon would be el blaze from vf 5
Have you played Fuerte and Ramon? Are you familiar with their specials? How are you splitting hairs over this? :mjlol:

Fuerte is blatantly based on Ramon

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Multiversus pot was $100k and was split among top 32, and yea first place got $10k

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny I was talking with a friend about this last night.

FGC is getting absolutely jerked, but that's what happen when you play for the love and want the scene to grow by any means. I think MVS and Project L and other free to play games are going shake up payouts big time.
Nah fgc ain't getting jerked. That's like saying the WNBA gets jerked

I won't type a book about it but fighting games aren't ever likely to have the enormous payouts like shooters and mobas because our audience ain't as big

The general consensus among gamers overall is that nikkas hate fighting games:mjlol: Fighting Games are SO hard in such a specific way that it's hard to keep fans and hard for a casual to really know why it's supposed to be hype. If you've ever had to explain a match to the average person you know the struggle:russ:

Now fighting game payouts CAN be better, but that's up to the devs and us. Fgc keeps these games alive but we don't do it in the most optimal, beneficial ways

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah fgc ain't getting jerked. That's like saying the WNBA gets jerked

I won't type a book about it but fighting games aren't ever likely to have the enormous payouts like shooters and mobas because our audience ain't as big

The general consensus among gamers overall is that nikkas hate fighting games:mjlol: Fighting Games are SO hard in such a specific way that it's hard to keep fans and hard for a casual to really know why it's supposed to be hype. If you've ever had to explain a match to the average person you know the struggle:russ:

Now fighting game payouts CAN be better, but that's up to the devs and us. Fgc keeps these games alive but we don't do it in the most optimal, beneficial ways

Nah man, 150k veiwers, Sony, Capcom, namco and all these million dollar publishers getting " free ad time and ads" and the 1st place getting what 5-7k...

That's getting jerked.

Overall you are right.

The fgc won't see major success until it adopts more modern trends. Which project L and MVS might usher in.