Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Have you seen Punk play. :mindblown:

Punk isnt dependent on VT at all the problem is Punk is so vicious in the neutral and whiff punishing. He will legit reset to neutral after getting oki cause he knows Karin has some of the best buttons in the game. Its crazy how confident he is about it too. SFV’s push to more neutral play this season has made him scary.

He’ll hardly pop VT and when he does he hardly uses it (Look at VT2), rather using it for VReversal.

People picking Karin up after Punk’s wins are about to look foolish with her as a pocket character.

Yeah, its not like her low forward isn't one of the best buttons in the game.
Its not like Punk's neutral isn't one of the best in the world.
Its not like he hardly ever doesn't follow up a hit confirm.

Dude, made Problem X's Bison look ho-hum at best at Combo Breaker.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was at Combo Breaker this year and I highly recommend y'all go to one if you can. I'm mainly a Tekken guy and watching top 8 live was worth the price of admission alone. it was electric in there, no pun intended.
Might try next year. Only event where serious MVC2 is still going down.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

But that's all on Punk not the character, she rewards high skill which he has in abundance.

She's not cheap like Rashid, Cammy, Akuma or even Guile, no one else, even Bonchan, is near Punk's Karin

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
But that's all on Punk not the character, she rewards high skill which he has in abundance.

She's not cheap like Rashid, Cammy, Akuma or even Guile, no one else, even Bonchan, is near Punk's Karin

I agree. But its the best of both worlds. I highly technical fighter with a player with absurd levels of technical skill. I so wanna see Problem X vs Punk again in Evo finals.

Daps
People were crying ‘Nerf Karin’ all weekend off the strength of Punk’s play. By top 12, there was one Karin left. Tokido is a legend with arguably a top 2 character and I didn’t see nearly as much complaining during his crazy 2017-18 run. FGC just has a lot of weebs that don’t want to see Americans/Non-Japanese win lol

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
People were crying ‘Nerf Karin’ all weekend off the strength of Punk’s play. By top 12, there was one Karin left. Tokido is a legend with arguably a top 2 character and I didn’t see nearly as much complaining during his crazy 2017-18 run. FGC just has a lot of weebs that don’t want to see Americans/Non-Japanese win lol
You know what it is :mjpls:. When knuckledu, Jwong and Ricky were winning with consensus top 3 characters I never saw calls for nerfs. Mena was the only person winning with Birdie but dudes were acting like Birdie was ST Akuma status.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
People were crying ‘Nerf Karin’ all weekend off the strength of Punk’s play. By top 12, there was one Karin left. Tokido is a legend with arguably a top 2 character and I didn’t see nearly as much complaining during his crazy 2017-18 run. FGC just has a lot of weebs that don’t want to see nikkaS win lol

Fixed it for you :mjgrin:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah you nikkas don't get to do this:mjlol:

I watch Punk rebuild his whole Karin game with cr mk after watching that character get destroyed two seasons in a row.

He figured it out, and this is after a year of being in a funk

He did what everybody should be doing instead of running to alt characters and complaining when shyt don't go your way (which he himself did with Cammy and it didn't work)

He adapted :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nah you nikkas don't get to do this:mjlol:

I watch Punk rebuild his whole Karin game with cr mk after watching that character get destroyed two seasons in a row.

He figured it out, and this is after a year of being in a funk

He did what everybody should be doing instead of running to alt characters and complaining when shyt don't go your way (which he himself did with Cammy and it didn't work)

He adapted :manny:

We are arguing the same point. He became the best in the world because he shaped his neutral game to arguably the best in the world. That WAS after a year of disappointment and lab work.

I'm saying stop screaming about VT and patches when the player themselves are DUMB skilled. Even if they put her VT 3 bars I think Punk is the most dangerous player on earth....Period.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
LTG gets the worst ether on Youtube since Viscant. Bodied on some Nas vs Jayz type shyt :demonic:

:deadrose: I was deadass close to making a thread asking y'all how y'all think this racist dude could be one of the biggest finessers on the net. But this guy went far over and beyond and took owner shyt rights to get that ass banned and the slogan dude puts on his merch.

this is actually interesting to see play out.