Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

MikeOck

Banned
Daps
Told you guys Sagat was gonna be low tier. I think Capcom is focused on making Street Fighter more watchable to get in on the streaming gravy train. This means they'll keep nerfing the heck out of zoning characters because casual viewers don't want to see Tiger Shot vs Hadoken back and forth. I know Guile got a pass, but because one zoning character didn't get nerfed doesn't disprove the theory overall.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Told you guys Sagat was gonna be low tier. I think Capcom is focused on making Street Fighter more watchable to get in on the streaming gravy train. This means they'll keep nerfing the heck out of zoning characters because casual viewers don't want to see Tiger Shot vs Hadoken back and forth. I know Guile got a pass, but because one zoning character didn't get nerfed doesn't disprove the theory overall.
I feel what you're saying but SF5 as a whole is anti-zoning.

Also, its kinda early to be calling him low tier

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lili has the best sidestep/sidewalk in Tekken 7, and I'm sure he was using it to nullify some of Qudans' strats.

Real talk, Knee is Mokujin IRL. Dude can just bust out any character and steamroll people.

Knee is kinda like what Infiltration is, but just does a whole lot more with a lot more characters. He has a counter pick for everything :dead:

He washes nikkas with Paul

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caba making MenaRD look funny in the light :patrice:
Nah Mena is still legit. That's a smart ass nikka

Playing a grappler is hard mainly because you gotta adjust your meta constantly because it's easy to get downloaded. You gotta change up your whole game plan damn near from scratch every few months.

ESPECIALLY after winning your premier invitational like Mena did.

AND Birdie got nerfed on top of that:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It aint a theory. Sfv is ostensibly anti zoning. They made fireballs trash plus gave characters options around them

Pretty much for the reason you mentioned about casuals

I still don't think Sagat sucks tho

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Mena is still legit. That's a smart ass nikka

Playing a grappler is hard mainly because you gotta adjust your meta constantly because it's easy to get downloaded. You gotta change up your whole game plan damn near from scratch every few months.

ESPECIALLY after winning your premier invitational like Mena did.

AND Birdie got nerfed on top of that:russ:

True :ehh:

I remember when Itazan was terrorizing nikkas with gief with the simple spd mixups he would do on wake up. Then after a few months he started getting bopped...then went over to abigail :mjcry:

Shoutout to SnakeEyez though, he saw Geif being shyt from jump and went for Akuma :mjlol:

The birdie nerfs were hilarious to read :russ: They even nerfed his sweep because of Mena :dead: