Official Fast X Thread. Part I of III on the way

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think this movie will do well digitally, but yea the fatigue from this franchise for movie goers to see this in theater is starting to show. Just end this as a two parter.
It will definitely do well digitally, but will still likely be looking at some sort of financial hit. Tbh, I don't think that Rock coming back is going to move the needle like that as the hype just isn't there for the franchise anymore and the 4 week to streaming process isn't helping either.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It will definitely do well digitally, but will still likely be looking at some sort of financial hit. Tbh, I don't think that Rock coming back is going to move the needle like that as the hype just isn't there for the franchise anymore and the 4 week to streaming process isn't helping either.

I agree with you and Rock is a boring actor to me anyway.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree with you and Rock is a boring actor to me anyway.
His schtick got played out a long time ago IMO and it's the same ole same ole with him. I still say the true solution to the problem is that a lot of that casts either needs to take budget cuts or die off, but they've pulled that card too many times for it to actually be believable at this point and have the same impact.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
His schtick got played out a long time ago IMO and it's the same ole same ole with him. I still say the true solution to the problem is that a lot of that casts either needs to take budget cuts or die off, but they've pulled that card too many times for it to actually be believable at this point and have the same impact
Yep we all know John Cena is not dead.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I already explained in here several times how this is going to turn a profit.
Which is the same excuse that Rock tried to use when juelzing in saying that Black Adam wasn't a flop. The Fast and Furious franchise is having diminishing returns over the past few releases and anyone that understands how it works would tell you that. That franchise doesn't have the juice like that to pull off a 3 parter especially with as expensive of a cast as it is currently.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Which is the same excuse that Rock tried to use when juelzing in saying that Black Adam wasn't a flop.

Nobody believed The Rock because 'Black Adam' came nowhere close to doing 2x the budget in the theatrical run. Fast X will do 2x the budget.

Also, you talk about "diminishing returns" the box office as a whole is nowhere close to pre-pandemic levels right now. It's running 20-25% behind 2019 levels.

'Ant-Man 3' which was supposed to introduce the next big bad for Marvel just topped out at $475M. 'Little Mermaid' is going to be lucky to cross $500M itself.

Fast X is doing way better than some other tentpoles.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nobody believed The Rock because 'Black Adam' came nowhere close to doing 2x the budget in the theatrical run. Fast X will do 2x the budget.

Also, you talk about "diminishing returns" the box office as a whole is nowhere close to pre-pandemic levels right now. It's running 20-25% behind 2019 levels.

'Ant-Man 3' which was supposed to introduce the next big bad for Marvel just topped out at $475M. 'Little Mermaid' is going to be lucky to cross $500M itself.

Fast X is doing way better than some other tentpoles.
None of those films you mentioned have even close to the budget that Fast X does or the bloated cast. It’s also disingenuous to bring up Little Mermaid as there’s racial factors at play that is hampering its box office performance.

That bloated expensive cast is the problem and even they’d tell you that.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jason Momoa stole this whole movie, dude was a menace and had me dying every time he appeared. I liked it a lot more than I did F9, you just gotta accept the complete fukkery of this franchise and enjoy it. I was thoroughly entertained. This shyt is legit part soap opera with the way characters die and are resurrected.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
None of those films you mentioned have even close to the budget that Fast X does or the bloated cast. It’s also disingenuous to bring up Little Mermaid as there’s racial factors at play that is hampering its box office performance.

That bloated expensive cast is the problem and even they’d tell you that.
Is it true that Vin gives the cast some sort % of profit from the earnings? If so, I see why everybody comes back for these films.