Official Euro 2016 Thread

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Brehs, who's the last creative player/playmaker England have produced...like a real baller. Gazza?

Continental teams seem to produce one with every batch...consistently.

Rooney in that position doesn't cut it

The England playing style/mentality just doesn't encourage that sort of creative player, probably why they only produced 2/3 players in 10 years who can even dribble a ball well. It's sad, like you said other countries always have 1/2 playmakers in the team.

Would like to see Ross Barkley get some playing time, he's probably as close as England have to that sort of player

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Iceland and Ireland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Today had the best matches so far, hopefully a sign of things to come for the KO stages.

Looking at the KO matches England fukked up by not finishing top of their group. We'll beat Iceland but can't see us getting past France.

Wales might fukk around and reach the semi's ffs
No you won't...

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
No you won't...
imo it's a 60-40 for England but they will have a very hard job

They will have an advantage though, namely that they already more familiar with the style Iceland represents than some other teams. In EPL they all play against teams like Stoke or Birmingham more times in a year and maybe even with Championship teams in FA or CC.
With that said they still can't finish their situations while Iceland is good in that, so... it will be really interesting.

DrHackenbush

Daps
Come on you're bugging in here, England will beat Iceland easy, if they score early it'll be comfortable. I got no love for England but they have one of the best squads there, if the team clicks they'll go far. That England match the other night was a farce, its near impossible to score against a team who put 10 6 foot tall players in their own box

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Come on you're bugging in here, England will beat Iceland easy, if they score early it'll be comfortable. I got no love for England but they have one of the best squads there, if the team clicks they'll go far. That England match the other night was a farce, its near impossible to score against a team who put 10 6 foot tall players in their own box

Scottish people hate England with a passion for some reason, to the point where it will cloud their judgement when making bets.

DrHackenbush

Daps
Scottish people hate England with a passion for some reason, to the point where it will cloud their judgement when making bets.

I'm Irish so I know how that goes but there's no way Iceland can beat England, that's crazy talk

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'm Irish so I know how that goes but there's no way Iceland can beat England, that's crazy talk
Not that crazy actually
England is the favourite but I wouldn't bet on that match. Iceland is an awkward af opponent, nobody could beat them so far. They have a very massive defense and some nice counters. And England was just terrible with the finishes so far

DrHackenbush

Daps
Not that crazy actually
England is the favourite but I wouldn't bet on that match. Iceland is an awkward af opponent, nobody could beat them so far. They have a very massive defense and some nice counters. And England was just terrible with the finishes so far

I guess anyone can beat anyone at this stage but teams just can't play for a draw anymore they're going to have to go for it at some stage of the match. If England get an early goal they'll win easily

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
I guess anyone can beat anyone at this stage but teams just can't play for a draw anymore they're going to have to go for it at some stage of the match. If England get an early goal they'll win easily

You can play for penalties though. Plus iceland can be dangerous on the break. I like their chances.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps

If I had a penny for every time I'd heard this from someone... There's at least four teams in the tournament that are comfortably better than this England side and a few more that could/probably would beat them on a given day.