Official Euphoria Season 2 Thread

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
The show runner said this season he wanted to test the likability of Rue and by extension Zendaya

I introduced the show to someone yesterday and rewatching episode one outside of her overdose, taking drugs looks ‘fun' and for Rue the consequences on the surface seem negligible. I guess as she’s just doing party drugs.

This season so far you can see the difference. It’s no longer glamorous its downright grimy, Fentanyl, Heroin, god knows what else she had in that suitcase to sample.

Last edited:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Why does Rue know everyone's back story?... :mjgrin:

Why the hell would u front a junkie consignment and expect a return?... OG gonna have to kill Rue cuz all that product going up her nose.... :mjgrin:

She expecting a nice return on Rues p*ssy:mjlit::whoa::sitdown:

10k consignment vs being able to sell a 17 yr old girl as a sex slave

Rue would fetch a lot in that world, young, still looks ‘fresh’ not too strung out yet.

shyts demonic.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was the craziest episode of the show. It was entertaining but some characters did some really extra sh1t and weren't acting like themselves.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Hope they don't go the predictable route. obviously Rue gonna fucc up badly here but we need Fez around. Rue's gotten to the point now where i find all the side characters more interesting. Zendaya is great but i just don't fucc with addicts that are given chance after chance :yeshrug:

They could completely write zendaya out of the show and i wouldn’t miss her. The show would actually be much better without her. I feel like they just keep her around for star power and cause she needs dramatic roles to diversify her resume. It’s like yeah, we saw the whole drug loser routine the first season we dont really need to see more of it now. Have her OD in the finale and the show continue without her for the last two seasons

Rue isn't supposed to be likeable. That's kind of why the show revolves around her. Every character's story is told through their proximity to Rue. And her narration, while unreliable, is how we empathize with them. Also, with out Rue think of how many characters are no longer anchored in the narrative.

Fezco & Ashtray, Jules, Lexi, Ali, Elliot, Nate all of them are given context by their connection (or lack thereof) to Rue. If Jules didn't end up with Rue we'd have no reason to care about Nate fukking her over. We wouldn't care about Lexi (and by proxy, Cassie) if Lexi wasn't Rue's longest friendship. This was all established S1E1.

Every show can't be and shouldn't be Game of Thrones where the principal actor is killed off and it all still works. Lastly, the show ALSO works because most people STILL have the context for Zendaya as a Disney kid + MJ in Spider-Man. If anything she's going to want to stay on the show to keep pushing the limits of her acting. When you think about it there's two or three REALLY great actors on this show. Between Zendaya, Sidney Sweeney (Cassie) and may mans that plays Nate. Them some acting ass actors.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
What he said..

Fez said that Rue is his family and when he finds out about everything cause you KNOW Rue is gonna get into some shyt with the plug. He is gonna defend her and he is either gonna get killed or get sent to prison..

The scenes from the next episode let’s me know that shyt is gonna get even more darker and depressing :unimpressed:

While true, I think Fez knows better than to let Rue fukk up his life/business. This is evidenced by him saying hell no to the deal in the first place. I hope they don’t make his character play capn save a hoe to this junky. :camby:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I'm enjoying Fez and Lexi's increased screen time this season.
Kat is just background noise...nothing interesting about her story this time around.

I guess the rumors about Mckay being written off the show are true
:manny:
I do wish his twin brothers would at least make another apperance, they was funny as hell :mjlol:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
you won't be seeing much of Kat.

Barbie, the actress/model that plays Kat fell out with Sam Levinson over creative differences about the character.

after those scenes last week, thats not surprising
he's about as subtle as a brick to the head so him trying to develop Kat's character would be a disaster.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Technically Rue's story line should be headed towards a tragedy like the Red head from Mayor of Kingstown, but I doubt they will let it go there.
Rue’s trajectory seems to be headed towards death, we’ll see if the writers have the balls to see it through I guess

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
you won't be seeing much of Kat.

Barbie, the actress/model that plays Kat fell out with Sam Levinson over creative differences about the character.

after those scenes last week, thats not surprising
he's about as subtle as a brick to the head so him trying to develop Kat's character would be a disaster.
Where you read this from? :jbhmm:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: That Fez/Cal scene.

Ali is a great actor :picard:

Cassie doing the most and she’s barely getting acknowledged by Nate :mjlol:

Nate is such a scumbag