Official Euphoria Season 2 Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
he wasn’t even with high school kids all the time in season 1 and he knows these people outside of school. College isn’t the army or prison you still see and interact with people from other walks of life.
I went to college. I never went back to my high school for parties.

Nonetheless the way he just disappeared from the show with no explanation was wack regardless.
Was he a big character? After Cassie and him broke up, he didn’t need to be around.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Great show. It is style over substance, but it works. My fear is they will take forever to record season 3. Hated waiting for season 2.

From the sound of it man, we might be in for a same type of wait. Plus who knows what Zendaya's schedule gonna be, if they really write her out of Marvel, other movies, etc.

Daps
he wasn’t even with high school kids all the time in season 1 and he knows these people outside of school. College isn’t the army or prison you still get to leave and see and interact with people from other walks of life.

Nonetheless the way he just disappeared from the show with no explanation was wack regardless.

He’s a D1 athlete. In the first season he was only making that drive from Nevada to see his girl. When they broke up he didn’t have a reason to consistently be around his hometown aside from the occasional visit or holiday.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
What I want is for HBO to realize that this isn't the 2000s, not every show is the Sopranos or the Wire and most modern audiences won't tolerate 2+ year gaps between seasons anymore, especially post-Covid restrictions being lifted.

I could see wanting to carefully craft a script and work around actors schedules so filming might get pushed for 12 or even 14 months. But you mean to tell me they're talking about a 24+ month gap between seasons?? For THIS!? Lmao.

Euphoria is a glorified CW/90210 type show just with cussing and titties. It's not so deep nor complex that it would take two or more years to churn out season 3 so dragging the shyt out for another 2 or more doesn't even make sense. FX tried pulling this shyt with Fargo only to see their ratings tank.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP
Daps
What I want is for HBO to realize that this isn't the 2000s, not every show is the Sopranos or the Wire and most modern audiences won't tolerate 2+ year gaps between seasons anymore, especially post-Covid restrictions being lifted.

I could see wanting to carefully craft a script and work around actors schedules so filming might get pushed for 12 or even 14 months. But you mean to tell me they're talking about a 24+ month gap between seasons?? For THIS!? Lmao.

Euphoria is a glorified CW/90210 type show just with cussing and titties. It's not so deep nor complex that it would take two or more years to churn out season 3 so dragging the shyt out for another 2 or more doesn't even make sense. FX tried pulling this shyt with Fargo only to see their ratings tank.

The gap is most likely because of the big names, Zendaya will be filming Dune plus other shyt this year.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He’s a D1 athlete. In the first season he was only making that drive from Nevada to see his girl. When they broke up he didn’t have a reason to consistently be around his hometown aside from the occasional visit or holiday.
Where are you getting Nevada from? The nikka just vanishing into thin air was bullshyt I could care less about pleas y’all cop for this shyt. Lol

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I went to college. I never went back to my high school for parties.

Was he a big character? After Cassie and him broke up, he didn’t need to be around.
He had a background opening story lol, but whatever fam, you got it fam! shyt doesn’t matter anymore anyway. Peace !

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He had a background opening story lol, but whatever fam, you got it fam! shyt doesn’t matter anymore anyway. Peace !
The background story was exposition for why Cassie is the way she is.

The question that you brehs should have put more focused on is what the hell happened Lil' Meech. He had a big part in episode one of season two and then disappeared.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The background story was exposition for why Cassie is the way she is.

The question that you brehs should have put more focused on is what the hell happened Lil' Meech. He had a big part in episode one of season two and then disappeared.
His background told us nothing about “why Cassie is the way she is”.

Lil meech was never apart the official cast and is the leading man on a whole different show. We know what happened to him he went back to work on his own show lol. It was a guest one off appearance, sucks he wasn’t around longer but ultimately who gives a fukk.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
The gap is most likely because of the big names, Zendaya will be filming Dune plus other shyt this year.

That's exactly why I gave them grace and mentioned pushing filming for 12-14mos. My point was a 2+ year gap is bullshyt. Actors often have hectic schedules and conflicts for sure, but they also have whole teams of people whose sole purpose is to iron those conflicts out and streamline the actors calendar. It's rare that a lead actor or actress on a very popular show wouldn't be able to schedule other projects around their main responsibility or postpone them entirely.

Although in all honesty I don't think this gap is about Zendaya or any of the other actors on the show. I think HBO is trying to give Sam Levinson ample time to get his shyt together and his house in order since there was a lot of bad blood between him and the cast this past season. But as I said before, Euphoria is NOT The Wire or some other highly coveted property, nor does the core fanbase have the same attention span. Releasing a third season 24-30 months late(r) is stupid and will likely be the end of this show overall.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's exactly why I gave them grace and mentioned pushing filming for 12-14mos. My point was a 2+ year gap is bullshyt. Actors often have hectic schedules and conflicts for sure, but they also have whole teams of people whose sole purpose is to iron those conflicts out and streamline the actors calendar. It's rare that a lead actor or actress on a very popular show wouldn't be able to schedule other projects around their main responsibility or postpone them entirely.

Although in all honesty I don't think this gap is about Zendaya or any of the other actors on the show. I think HBO is trying to give Sam Levinson ample time to get his shyt together and his house in order since there was a lot of bad blood between him and the cast this past season. But as I said before, Euphoria is NOT The Wire or some other highly coveted property, nor does the core fanbase have the same attention span. Releasing a third season 24-30 months late(r) is stupid and will likely be the end of this show overall.

That's not true... it's the highest rated show on HBO since Game of Thrones. The fan base is rabid.. especially with women

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
That's not true... it's the highest rated show on HBO since Game of Thrones. The fan base is rabid.. especially with women

I'm not denying that the show is extremely popular. When I say it's not the Wire or GOT I'm talking about the demographics of the primary fanbase, the show's themes and overall status. It's not 'Prestige Television' nor are we 4 or 5 seasons deep into something that looks increasingly promising. Season 2 is a prime example of a show falling apart before our eyes.

Sam is going to have to knock season 3 out of the ballpark and garner a lot of hype if he has any hope of a season 4 because how long are people really gonna be interested in the struggles of a drug addicted teen and her wayward classmates? More importantly, how many people who are fans now will care or even find the characters ~rElAtaBlE~ or even likeable nearly three years from now?

Also, large gaps in filming/air dates is proven to turn audiences off. Even the Sopranos saw a drop in viewership in the later seasons because the writing dipped in quality and David Chase started taking his sweet fukking time with filming.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Your kinda proving my point, him simply saying he’s very busy and only visiting for the holiday weekend would’ve been a suitable explanation for his absence. They didn’t do something that simple it’s just annoying imo.