Official Euphoria Season 1 Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought homie was on some fruity shyt like his pops....until I seen him looking at the trans kid while texting him...

he is...no matter how much he lashes out even if he is setting up jules...those pics on his phone :hubie: no disrespect but some of y’all are not picking up on explicit shyt...I can’t even call it ‘clues’ cuz some of the shyt is just straight up front and center

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So 3 eps in and I realize the weakest part of this show is Rue. Her junkie struggles are not interesting or entertaining. Think I'm gonna just FF through her scenes.

I think she's doing a great job actually. Shes still in the early stages of being a crackhead so you're not going to see her friended out yet.

I can agree w/ both viewpoints...I didn’t like her character initially and still don’t BUT I respect her performance bcuz I realized it wasn’t zendaya’s acting but her character that I hated bcuz of my experience w/ drug addicts...hate them w/ a passion and she captures that perceived weakness...undisciplined helplessness that I absolutely loathe...it didn't hit me til that flashback scene when she picked up the broken piece of glass to try and stab her mother...I’d be shocked if she didn’t get an emmy nod

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this kinda meh so far and im on the 3rd episode, for whatever reason I just dont care bout none of these people :ld:

ya overall I’m still like where is this going but that alone has me intrigued enough to watch and each episode adds a little something to keep me engaged as far as the story’s outcome...in this last ep it was the ‘ali’ character...I’m interested to see where that goes...also that’s another “problem” w/ rue...unfortunately we (myself included) have been conditioned to having a likable protagonist and when there isn’t one the audience can be quickly turned off...OT but that’s why I think HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ failed even tho I personally liked the overall direction of the show...there was nothing to make us “root” for or care about the main character

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ADP

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes no sense for a black football player to be pledging a cac frat

even @ a predominantly white university?

and I’m not challenging your opinion...I’m honestly curious cuz I went to an HBCU so football players were automatically Q’s but idk how shyt plays out @ a school that’s mostly white

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
even @ a predominantly white university?

and I’m not challenging your opinion...I’m honestly curious cuz I went to an HBCU so football players were automatically Q’s but idk how shyt plays out @ a school that’s mostly white

I went to a PWI. Football players have high social standing. No way a black player would be hazed by a white frat. Some of them pledge black frats tho

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
ya overall I’m still like where is this going but that alone has me intrigued enough to watch and each episode adds a little something to keep me engaged as far as the story’s outcome...in this last ep it was the ‘ali’ character...I’m interested to see where that goes...also that’s another “problem” w/ rue...unfortunately we (myself included) have been conditioned to having a likable protagonist and when there isn’t one the audience can be quickly turned off...OT but that’s why I think HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ failed even tho I personally liked the overall direction of the show...there was nothing to make us “root” for or care about the main character
It's not even a pro/antogonist thing with the characters, I like Rue want her to win, but they haven't done anything to make me give af about them like that. I guess their issues and journeys aren't really ones I'm that interested in to begin with. Oh another addict :ld: oh another fat girl dealing with body and esteem issues :ld: oh another undercover gay athlete :ld:
I mean to be real the show kinda cliche :ld:

I'll give it another episode to see what the fair bout then after that im only googling for Suni Sweeny titty scenes. Matter fact somebody here @ me when she pull them thangs out