Official Euphoria Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
British shows do this in 6 episodes :mjtf:

This isn't a show that's meant to be completed in 8 episodes. We're just getting to know the characters and ppl already want them dead or in jail. This show has spanned across one school year.

We've literally gone from September to May. Eight months. A lot has already happened in those 8 months... any more would have been way too crazy

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
This isn't a show that's meant to be completed in 8 episodes. We're just getting to know the characters and ppl already want them dead or in jail. This show has spanned across one school year.

We've literally gone from September to May. Eight months. A lot has already happened in those 8 months... any more would have been way too crazy
It wasn't even May... That dance was the winter formal, so more like 3 month span

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
How is Cassie sister not gettin any looks out here? She was lookin good :manny:

Cassie back in business for next season :mjlit:

Think she’s in love with Rue.

But I’m surprised none of your brehs thinks Rue is dead. That looked like a last breath at the end there.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
It wasn't even May... That dance was the winter formal, so more like 3 month span
Nah it was 6. Things start with Rue checking out of rehab and last night at the table when Jules mentioned she's been clean for 3 months Maddy replies "hasn't she been out of rehab for 6?"

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Nah it was 6. Things start with Rue checking out of rehab and last night at the table when Jules mentioned she's been clean for 3 months Maddy replies "hasn't she been out of rehab for 6?"

It may be 4-5 months, no one said she got out the day before school started or even went in in the beginning of summer. They were at a winter dance and it’s just the end of football season.
Think she’s in love with Rue.

But I’m surprised none of your brehs thinks Rue is dead. That looked like a last breath at the end there.

Hot take? You really think they would kill off the main star like that ? I mean let’s think logically here, 90% of the interest of this show is for her, you don’t kill the main attraction in the first season and you don’t kill them like that without any certainty. That would be a terrible idea and it would be terrible from a storyline perspective. They just wanted to show she relapsed and made all the “pain” go away.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The problem is that they didn’t really resolve anything. And I think burning the last 15 minutes of the episode with the artist rendition of the relapse kind of highlighted the lack of resolution. It seems like every character was 5 minutes off from getting some kind of closure, but instead we get the interpretive dance relapse.

My thoughts exactly

The opening ten minutes was hard to sit through, I didn’t like her mom reading that letter while they were getting ready for that dance. It just didn’t fit and was an unnecessary distraction.

The abortion scene was too long for there to barely be any dialogue. It felt forced

Nate got away with everything, aside from getting beat up by his pedo dad nothing happened to him.

The whole episode tried to remind you how fukked up these kids are and it made sure to end the season on a dark sad note. This last episode takes my rating down a few points

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
It may be 4-5 months, no one said she got out the day before school started or even went in in the beginning of summer. They were at a winter dance and it’s just the end of football season.
The way they structured episode one made it seem like Rue got out right before school started and that's how she caught the end of summer party where she met Jules (that's also where Maddy and all of them first see Rue post-rehab).

Winter Formal can take place anywhere between December and March, so I figure Maddy connecting Rue checking out of rehab with the school year starting is how she calculated that 6 months number right away.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
At the end of the day, it's about storytelling and this show lacks it. I enjoy the show but it's looking like Belly once you pay attention to the plot and not the blue light on Keisha.

This is actually a very good comparison. :ohhh: