Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
To add to this

Nikkas full of shyt

Wanda in the comics received a huge power boost out of nowhere too. She was basically Domino until 2003 with the lead up to House Of M

Comics Wanda and MCU Wanda aint as different as nikkas making them out to be. MCU Wanda has an arc and contextual foundation leading up to what we've seen in the show

I thought Agatha Harkness was the reason Wanda went from just a probability manipulating mutant to an actual chaos magick using witch. They saying Agnes the nosey neighbor might be Agatha. What if Wanda tried to learn to use Chaos Magick but lost control? Maybe she tried to resurrect Vision and it went wrong

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Not watching yet, but...

...House of X vibes?

iu

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
She was Domino breh? :deadrose:

More or less yeah. Domino's power was giving people bad luck. Scarlet Witch's power was creating "hexes" which would create detrimental outcomes (IE, basically bad luck) for her opponents.

Over the years they changed Domino to more of a soldier type with less focus on the bad luck and Scarlet Witch's power was eventually changed to "chaos magic" (which is why she was able to create bad luck) and from there they used magic to give her damn near any ability they could think of. From resurrecting people to warping reality.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

The entire series is only 4 1/2 hours. Each episode is only about 30 minutes. So it's understandable that the first couple of episodes are going to be a slow burn. 1 1/2 hours so far. Roughly 3 hours to go.

I'm not really expecting the meat and potatoes until the final 2 1/2 hours which means shyt won't start to pop until Episode 5.

That's my prediction. And this next episode coming up is the set up for the rest of the season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The entire series is only 4 1/2 hours. Each episode is only about 30 minutes. So it's understandable that the first couple of episodes are going to be a slow burn. 1 1/2 hours so far. Roughly 3 hours to go.

I'm not really expecting the meat and potatoes until the final 2 1/2 hours which means shyt won't start to pop until Episode 5.

That's my prediction. And this next episode coming up is the set up for the rest of the season.

Nah the eps later in the season are longer. Total run time is about 6 hours.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Odd choice. I guess the idea is that they didn't want to piss fans off by dragging out the series too long

Well I think only the first 5-6 eps are sitcoms, which are traditionally 30 minutes. The "regular" eps are going to be longer.

Fred.

After doing some research and looking at all of the trailers/featurettes, it appears they only show footage from the first 4 episodes.

Which leads me to believe after episode 4, it won't be a typical sitcom vibe.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She was Domino breh? :deadrose:
She was:manny:

Both powers were based on probability magic

Wanda just made fancier poses while she did it. :manny:

Probabilities, hexes, whatever. It's like comparing witchcraft and voodoo. It aint a wild comparison

But all the universe breaking, fukking up reality power wasn't a thing until House Of M lead up

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Agatha Harkness was the reason Wanda went from just a probability manipulating mutant to an actual chaos magick using witch. They saying Agnes the nosey neighbor might be Agatha. What if Wanda tried to learn to use Chaos Magick but lost control? Maybe she tried to resurrect Vision and it went wrong
:jbhmm:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
She was:manny:

Both powers were based on probability magic

Wanda just made fancier poses while she did it. :manny:

Probabilities, hexes, whatever. It's like comparing witchcraft and voodoo. It aint a wild comparison

But all the universe breaking, fukking up reality power wasn't a thing until House Of M lead up

Yeah witch's powers evolved through the years. Whenever they introduced the agatha stuff I think they taught her real magic to go with her powers since I think her mutant powers made regular magic stronger.

Then eventually she just became a fukkery magnet plain and simple.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
After doing some research and looking at all of the trailers/featurettes, it appears they only show footage from the first 4 episodes.

Which leads me to believe after episode 4, it won't be a typical sitcom vibe.

Not to mention critics were only shown the first 3 eps. So I assume some major shyt happens in ep 4, that Marvel didn't want spoiled.

Fred.