Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Really loving this. The first three episodes in particular were really creepy in that Rod Sterling sort of way. That undercurrent of "something is not right" had me excited. Was not expecting the ending of 3. I'm on episode 6 now and my mind is fully blown. Although there's an urge to binge, I'm trying to space them out now because there's only 9 episodes and I don't want them to be over. So what I do now is look at other people's reactions, analyses, and predictions for the next episode before moving on. This thread is so funny reading as a snapshot of how different people processed how the show unfolded.

Question though- was the Yo-Magic yogurt commercial about people on the edge of town not eating and only surviving on Wanda's magic or was it about something related to Wanda's background/childhood?
I think it was about Agnes (the shark) trying to get the kid (Wanda) use/open their magic so she can steal it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Been busy as fukk and haven't even watched this yet smh.

Gonna probably do it in a minute over breakfast.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think it was about Agnes (the shark) trying to get the kid (Wanda) use/open their magic so she can steal it.

Agnes = Shark
Wanda = Kid
Westview = Island
Wanda = Lonely

The shark wanted the kid to use eat yo-magic because it would make her "whole". But the more the kid tried to use yo-magic, the worse off he was and eventually died.

Trying to use your magic will lead to certain death

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What Pietro stuff? I'm not even sure what you're talking about cause I haven't followed that thread too closely. Even in my simple comment you're talking about your fan fiction.

I thought his intro was a fun easter egg from the writers that might lead to something bigger later. Apparently y'all went crazy with it? Prayed the whole X-Men, Magneto, Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom would show up next episode?

And I'm not caping for the show. I thought the last couple episodes had some problems. But my problems wasnt cause your lame speculation didn't come true.

Lol,you know damn well they were trolling

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just thinking about the after credit scene with Monica. She's cool with Skrulls is it possible she isn't the real Monica and is actually a Skrulls? That show comes out next year who else could be a Skrulls in the MCU?

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
*Introduces character named Pietro with same actor playing the same role as Fox's Pietro*

The line after he appears: "She recasted Pietro!"

Stans weeks later: "Honestly I don't know where you guys got this Pietro stuff from. :cape:"

:mjlol: I don't even check for theory based fan media on anything.
I loved it. All of it. Its capekino and everything I hoped it to be. The boner part is just brilliant absolutely brilliant.
We'll say hello again boner
3uxszn3fr9l61.jpg

:troll:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like COVID messed up a lot of things that were meant to be in the finale.

Cut WandaVision Finale Storylines Revealed by Matt Shakman – /Film (slashfilm.com)

“We wrapped in Atlanta and the pandemic hit, and we ended up having several months off, so further changes happened during that,” Shakman said. “We were doing post-production, and then ideas would come up and little changes would happen.”

One of the changes was Monica Rambeau’s role in the finale. The rogue S.W.O.R.D. agent and newly empowered hero curiously didn’t have much to do in the finale apart from uncover the secret behind Ralph Bohner (a reference to Growing Pains, which Shakman starred in as a child actor) and give Wanda a tender parting piece of validation. “We built and rebuilt so many different versions of how [Monica] would function in the finale,” Shakman said. “She had in some versions a much bigger role to play in the larger fight that was happening.”

One of those versions, in which Monica had a whole storyline with Ralph, Darcy, and Wanda’s kids, was even shot before it was ultimately cut due to unfinished VFX. It was a segment that would have uncovered the true form of Agatha’s rabbit familiar, Senor Scratchy, Shakman revealed:

“We did have something planned for Senor Scratchy which we ultimately couldn’t do just because the finale had so many different chess pieces. But we did have a whole sequence where Darcy, Monica, Ralph meet up with the kids, and they’re in Agatha’s house, and they think that maybe they should steal the Darkhold from the basement because the kids has seen it down there when they were being held hostage. And they go down to get the book, and as they reach out to get the book, the rabbit hops up in front of the book. And they’re like, “Oh it’s Senor Scratchy, he’s the best!” And they reach over the scratch him and he hisses and this whole American Werewolf in London transformation happens where rabbit turns into this big demon. And a Goonies set piece ensues where they try to escape from the rabbit. We shot it, but didn’t finish all the VFX for it. It was a great sequence, it was super fun and everyone was great in it, but we ended up moving it aside because it was a huge detour in the middle of everything going on.”

“Things were constantly changing and getting rewritten,” Shakman said, adding that the production of WandaVision is not unlike the process of a typical television series production. Because of their process, the finale was set to be completed only two weeks before it was set to be released on Disney+, throwing a wrench in Marvel’s original plans to release the first three episodes simultaneously. Marvel would end up releasing just the first two episodes so they wouldn’t have to delay the finale.

“There was a lot of experimentation going on and trying different things out…especially a lot of the real-world stuff in the finale,” Shakman said. “We also at one point had 10 episodes planned and we ended up collapsing a couple just to make the rhythm work better.”

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Looks like COVID messed up a lot of things that were meant to be in the finale.

Cut WandaVision Finale Storylines Revealed by Matt Shakman – /Film (slashfilm.com)

“We wrapped in Atlanta and the pandemic hit, and we ended up having several months off, so further changes happened during that,” Shakman said. “We were doing post-production, and then ideas would come up and little changes would happen.”

One of the changes was Monica Rambeau’s role in the finale. The rogue S.W.O.R.D. agent and newly empowered hero curiously didn’t have much to do in the finale apart from uncover the secret behind Ralph Bohner (a reference to Growing Pains, which Shakman starred in as a child actor) and give Wanda a tender parting piece of validation. “We built and rebuilt so many different versions of how [Monica] would function in the finale,” Shakman said. “She had in some versions a much bigger role to play in the larger fight that was happening.”

One of those versions, in which Monica had a whole storyline with Ralph, Darcy, and Wanda’s kids, was even shot before it was ultimately cut due to unfinished VFX. It was a segment that would have uncovered the true form of Agatha’s rabbit familiar, Senor Scratchy, Shakman revealed:

“We did have something planned for Senor Scratchy which we ultimately couldn’t do just because the finale had so many different chess pieces. But we did have a whole sequence where Darcy, Monica, Ralph meet up with the kids, and they’re in Agatha’s house, and they think that maybe they should steal the Darkhold from the basement because the kids has seen it down there when they were being held hostage. And they go down to get the book, and as they reach out to get the book, the rabbit hops up in front of the book. And they’re like, “Oh it’s Senor Scratchy, he’s the best!” And they reach over the scratch him and he hisses and this whole American Werewolf in London transformation happens where rabbit turns into this big demon. And a Goonies set piece ensues where they try to escape from the rabbit. We shot it, but didn’t finish all the VFX for it. It was a great sequence, it was super fun and everyone was great in it, but we ended up moving it aside because it was a huge detour in the middle of everything going on.”

“Things were constantly changing and getting rewritten,” Shakman said, adding that the production of WandaVision is not unlike the process of a typical television series production. Because of their process, the finale was set to be completed only two weeks before it was set to be released on Disney+, throwing a wrench in Marvel’s original plans to release the first three episodes simultaneously. Marvel would end up releasing just the first two episodes so they wouldn’t have to delay the finale.

“There was a lot of experimentation going on and trying different things out…especially a lot of the real-world stuff in the finale,” Shakman said. “We also at one point had 10 episodes planned and we ended up collapsing a couple just to make the rhythm work better.”

That's good info. Thanks.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished.

Yeah....

Ep wasn't as bad as I'm seeing some people say but it was damn near ruined for me by the exchange between Monica and Wanda. Wanda, whether intentionally or not, enslaved an entire town and tortured them. And kept it going, well beyond the point it could just be chalked up to "well, she doesn't understand her powers".

So the line about sacrifice was weird as fukk. It makes me wonder what the hell they were going for with this series. If they were trying to establish Wanda as a threat and potential villain, I'd say they hit the mark 90%. But pulling away from that at the last minute and trying to make her seem sympathetic, is frankly terrible writing.

And Agnes was a big nothing as a "villain". She didn't even do 1/10th of what Wanda did yet it seems like the writers were :manny: "guys, you should root against her" solely because she was opposing the star of the show.

Lastly, I don't even want to wade into the whole Quicksilver debate. That's another thing where I have no idea what they were going for. From a writing stand point. And no, "trolling the audience" isn't an acceptable answer.

Fred.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Lastly, I don't even want to wade into the whole Quicksilver debate. That's another thing where I have no idea what they were going for. From a writing stand point. And no, "trolling the audience" isn't an acceptable answer.
That's my only gripe tbh. MCU doesn't even need that kind of stunt.