Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yeah, Hayward is the "Big Bad" villain.
Nah he is not a hidden-hand. I mean specifically a hidden-hand actively influencing and manipulation the main "actors". See below for more.

Or Wanda, in her grief, just fully tapped into the chaos magic in the universe by accident and is doing all of this on her own like what was shown in the episode.

How did the letter get in her car? Bad editing? Missing scene? Continuity error?
Wanda said she wasn't doing it. She was unaware of how she did it.
So I agree that that big bad could also be another "Wanda persona". Hence the switching accents etc and rehabilitation possibilities.
Alternate self as I mentioned here: https://www.thecoli.com/posts/40875953/
I actually think it is someone else but we will see. More below:

Most likely that was just a vision that Wanda had of her being destined to be a "Scarlet Witch".
Nope it narratively personifies the persona "scarlett witch" as being distinct from Wanda.
"Vision or no" that ^ is nonetheless the narrative effect on audiences.

A witch having some magic book in her basement isn't that out of the ordinary and the fact that the only glimpse we got of it was in Ep 7 as part of the camera panning the witchy basement decor and we haven't seen it since seems to me like concrete proof that it doesn't matter to the story being told on this show.
You missed where her Mom said that Agnes "stole" (something) ...
They showed smouldering energy, they paused on it and coloured its energy the same exact same orange as used by all the Doctor Strange branch magicians and which was shown to be emanating from the books of magic in Wong's library in doctor strange 1.

Yeah, Agatha's mom told her she was messing with dark magic she wasn't supposed to be touching. And the surprise was basically her being a young untrained witch who assumed she was going to die but was so much more powerful than the rest of the coven that she siphoned their magic instead.
You are making a huge assumption that it was some singular source who was controlling what was going on instead of Agatha just using dark magic the same way Wanda is using chaos magic. Like how The Ancient One was using magic from The Dark Dimension but wasn't being controlled/manipulated by Dormammu.
The Mom said she STOLE from them.
"You stole knowledge above your age and station". In Doctor Strange where was that advanced knowledge stored ...? In books. In Marvel where is that advanced knowledge kept? In books?
She didn't do the siphoning. Look at the scene again. Agnes was NOT in control. Watch the surprise on Agatha's face. Agnes didn't attack anyone but rather was shocked when the power started to fight by by itself. She looked around trying to understand what was going on.
YTDHOYZs.png

At this point she didn't know what was going on ..
She also said that her and Ralph's anniversary was the date of the Salem Witch Trials in ep. 1.
I.e. She and Ralph made a "deal" aka got hitched" on that day.

If there are still existing witches covens in the MCU it wouldn't be some shocking thing. It also doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the story being told on this show.
Context clue.. From the show and from posts. This is under another-thing section. Separate from what went before it and not a direct reply to anything that you said.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
have to imagine
"Ralph"
is the post credit stinger that leads to him being the villain of
Strange 2
right? I'm not giving up on the
bigger bad behind Agatha
theories

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
have to imagine
"Ralph"
is the post credit stinger that leads to him being the villain of
Strange 2
right? I'm not giving up on the
bigger bad behind Agatha
theories

I'm actually not sold that Agatha is even a villain to begin with. She's usually an antihero.

Here it seems like she's trying to figure out what's going on because it's causing another problem.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'm talking about how all season long every little thing in every scene of every episode has been seen as a some portent of a larger narrative when it all has just been what we've seen on the show.

That cicada on the window? Just a cicada on the window.
Evan Peters as Quicksilver? Just an Easter Egg casting decision.

Some picked up on the hex being a multi-dimensional portal.
Some picked up that vision wasn't vision.
Some picked up that QS wasn't QS.
Some picked up on Agnes faking out vision.

and more from their own beneath the surface reading of the clues.

What you are talking about is late-stage reveals as,

They didn't confirm who Agnes was until two shows before the end.
They didn't confirm that vision is still dead until one show before the end.
They didn't even show that the Hex was not real until episode 4.

That is just the way that they are rolling.

Feige said they are "narratively taking advantage of the streaming format to do what they cannot do in films".

My only complaint is that the boring paint-by-numbers direction. It means that stylistically and visually the show had become less visually attractive the more it operates in the real world and the later the hex world being presented. It also suggests that the climax may be a slight visual and emotional letdown irrespective of what they show. It overall looks like the production team is better at sitcoms than spectacle.

It's their first go at this and with the budgetary constraints its understandable if they cut corners in ways they wouldn't in a shorter feature film. This plus the reshoots, rewrites due to covid means that some smaller subplots might not get resolved which might leave the series with a "not quite completed" feeling.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
show is kinda turning into a troll job... and it's not even really the show's fault, there's just been so much "you're not gonna believe this" hype. i'll admit, i get a lot of it from interenet speculation* and discussion, but hearing the undoubtedly blown out of proportions quotes from the cast - Luke Skywalker cameo, Bettany talking about how respected the cameo is** Monica's scientist friend, etc, has made these past few feel disappointing.

*they've nailed every small scale thing they've speculated, with absolutely none of the big stuff.
I think dude was talking about himself, which is actually pretty funny "an actor i always wanted to work with"

still good though. that last line
was the corniest shyt uttered in the MCU since "does anybody have any orange slices?"
There was a lot of corny dialogue and exposition in this episode. I thought they were mimicking some cheesy sitcom at the beginning

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm actually not sold that Agatha is even a villain to begin with. She's usually an antihero.

Here it seems like she's trying to figure out what's going on because it's causing another problem.
i like that actually. could lead to a big scene where
Wanda gets the upper hand and is on the verge of killing Agatha, and she says something like "you don't know what you're doing, if you kill me blank will blank blah blah" which leads to multiverse fukkery. I want Kathryn Hahn to survive though, she's good. Have Strange banish her somewhere and keep her as an ally.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
There was a lot of corny dialogue and exposition in this episode. I thought they were mimicking some cheesy sitcom at the beginning
it's actually been building that way for a few weeks now. a lot of the Sword dialogue is very on the nose too. the sitcom stuff was hiding it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Episode was meh to me. Whole point was to show us what we already knew about Wanda but haven't seen yet. Which is fine, but it didn't grab me at all like I think it was supposed to.

The Vision 2.0 reveal shows that the main thing about the finale is gonna be Hayward vs Wanda & Vision and the MCU STILL DOING THE SAME fukkING TROPE OF MAKING THE VILLAIN HAVE AN EVIL VERSION OF THE HERO :laff: :laff: :laff:

I truly hope there's more plot and story in the final episode, at least some crumbs to lead to Dr. Strange 2. But if all we get is a final battle against S.W.O.R.D. it's gonna be fine (just not as dope as it seemed it could've been).

I do think its time folks give it up with all the theorizing and placing importance on everything from bugs on drapes to Evan Peters showing up as Quicksilver.
This show ain't that deep, its pretty much all surface level...entertaining as hell but still pretty much what you see is what you get.

You might be correct but you know damn well Feige and everyone involved on this show knew exactly what they were doing by bringing Peters back in the midst of having a movie called "The multiverse of madness" AND Marvel getting the X-Men rights back.

If it's a "wink wink" by the show, fine. But we can't act like that's not just a really fukked thing to do to your fanbase if it's a nod/wink. A studio doing a unwarranted troll job on it's fans shouldn't be praised :manny:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

I am reading that as the direction rather than the story.

Once the stylistic flair of the "in the past" settings is removed you see their directorial flair for what it truly is.

No longer hidden underneath all the time based flavour they are just free to be themselves.

The best unshrouded (magic/battle/power) scenes are at night or in the dark. All the daylight power usage looks poor which for me points at the direction.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just watched the ep....

Then read all the post from my last post till the latest.

And for all the theory’s niccas or the “this ep was meh” niccas.

Im feeling like Thor in A1 in that scene on that science lab:mjlol:

SMH.....