Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I think it can be interpreted that wanda herself would have died, or her powers would have died. Intentionally vague wording.

I think they are leaving the door open for the time being.

'die on the vine" aka "wither on the vine" has a particular meaning ..

"(idiomatic) To fail at an early stage or never come to fruition, typically due to neglect, infeasibility, or lack of resources."

die on the vine - Wiktionary

it means her pre-existing powers/potential would have withered. like "grapes on the vine" but the potential (at least) was always there.

nothing to do with wanda herself ("the vine itself") dying.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
'die on the vine" aka "wither on the vine" has a particular meaning ..

"(idiomatic) To fail at an early stage or never come to fruition, typically due to neglect, infeasibility, or lack of resources."

die on the vine - Wiktionary

it means her pre-existing powers/potential would have withered. like "grapes on the vine" but the potential (at least) was always there.

nothing to do with wanda herself ("the vine itself") dying.

We can debate this all day, but what I'm saying is that the only reason we're having this debate is because they made it vague and are not committing to it one direction or the other.

Like I said, that's the reason they didn't talk about pietro and how his powers manifested, or whether or not he had the gene. They left the door open to do whatever they want later. I don't think we are getting definitive answers yet.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah ... there is a big bad.

Someone somewhere turbo charged Wanda's powers.

In the hydra flashback we saw a figure in the mind gem glow (looked like Scarlett Witch) thus narratively separating Wanda from the Scarlett Witch.

Plus the book in the basement glowing with magic (from somewhere).

Plus in the flashback they implied Harkness was using magic from a very dangerous hidden-hand source - (i have more to say about this later). That same source killed the other witches. Look at the scene again. Agnes was surprised when the purple magic started to fight back against the coven.

One other thing is "coven". in the flashback the witches spoke as if covens were the norm. anges never said that there are only two of them in the present.

One other other thing in general is that Agnes never actually did anything evil so do not assume that she is the "villain". If anything she seems to think Wanda is the danger hinting that she has room to develop into a Loki type.

Nah ... there is a big bad.
Yeah, Hayward is the "Big Bad" villain.

Someone somewhere turbo charged Wanda's powers.
Or Wanda, in her grief, just fully tapped into the chaos magic in the universe by accident and is doing all of this on her own like what was shown in the episode.

In the hydra flashback we saw a figure in the mind gem glow (looked like Scarlett Witch) thus narratively separating Wanda from the Scarlett Witch.
Most likely that was just a vision that Wanda had of her being destined to be a "Scarlet Witch".

Plus the book in the basement glowing with magic (from somewhere).
A witch having some magic book in her basement isn't that out of the ordinary and the fact that the only glimpse we got of it was in Ep 7 as part of the camera panning the witchy basement decor and we haven't seen it since seems to me like concrete proof that it doesn't matter to the story being told on this show.

Plus in the flashback they implied Harkness was using magic from a very dangerous hidden-hand source - (i have more to say about this later). That same source killed the other witches. Look at the scene again. Agnes was surprised when the purple magic started to fight back against the coven.
Yeah, Agatha's mom told her she was messing with dark magic she wasn't supposed to be touching. And the surprise was basically her being a young untrained witch who assumed she was going to die but was so much more powerful than the rest of the coven that she siphoned their magic instead.
You are making a huge assumption that it was some singular source who was controlling what was going on instead of Agatha just using dark magic the same way Wanda is using chaos magic. Like how The Ancient One was using magic from The Dark Dimension but wasn't being controlled/manipulated by Dormammu.

One other thing is "coven". in the flashback the witches spoke as if covens were the norm. anges never said that there are only two of them in the present.
If there are still existing witches covens in the MCU it wouldn't be some shocking thing. It also doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the story being told on this show.

One other other thing in general is that Agnes never actually did anything evil so do not assume that she is the "villain". If anything she seems to think Wanda is the danger hinting that she has room to develop into a Loki type.
We also were pretty much told that Agatha was an innately powerful witch who was dipping into magic she wasn't ready or trained to be touching. So the gist of it looks like Agatha is big into gaining new magical power and she spent the bulk of the season manipulating Wanda to try and find out what Wanda's magic source was so she could get some of it for herself. Once she realized that Wanda was using chaos magic she realized how dangerous Wanda was because Wanda is doing insanely powerful magic stuff without even realizing it.
So I agree that she's probably going to end up as that tweener character like Loki because when she realized what Wanda was doing to Westview she didn't try to stop her or help the people under Wanda's spell...Agatha instead was working overtime trying to get Wanda's power source for herself.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think this is planting the seed for other "mutants" or whatever they're going to call other people with powers.

Is she going to lose it for good if she sees Vision die for a third time? A worldwide power surge that gives a bunch of people around the world powers, making her the "Nexus" of it all? Im still trying to figure this out, and shoutout to the writers for not making this predictable.
Well now that Vision's body has been fixed and animated by Wanda's magic outside of Westview I expect the next step is Wanda magics her Vision's "essence" into the new Vision body.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
We can debate this all day, but what I'm saying is that the only reason we're having this debate is because they made it vague and are not committing to it one direction or the other.

Like I said, that's the reason they didn't talk about pietro and how his powers manifested, or whether or not he had the gene. They left the door open to do whatever they want later. I don't think we are getting definitive answers yet.

Mutant just means "born with mutant gene" so has the potential for "powers" over and above those of homosapians that's it. Being a mutant doesn't explain all of the powers that a hero has - see Forge, Wolvie, Magik, Phoenix ...

Agnes said
"Wanda has her powers since she was a child and the gem magnified them".

Feige said this show would explain her powers and their origins and show how her deeds draw the attention of other significant people in the MCU.

So in the absence of any contrary statements I am going with Agnes.
Pietro has only been a plot device in WV, they didn't go into detail about anything to do with him.

The reason we are having the debate is because you are not taking Agnes at her word. Nothing to do with ambiguity.

Agnes could well be lying but there are only so many fakeouts that an audience can take before Marvel loses them, so false narration is possible but they cannot flip-flop too much on important factors like character origins.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Every show is surface level after you know what's going on. Don't do that.
I'm talking about how all season long every little thing in every scene of every episode has been seen as a some portent of a larger narrative when it all has just been what we've seen on the show.

That cicada on the window? Just a cicada on the window.
Evan Peters as Quicksilver? Just an Easter Egg casting decision.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Mutant just means "born with mutant gene" so has the potential for "powers" over and above those of homosapians that's it. Being a mutant doesn't explain all of the powers that a hero has - see Forge, Wolvie, Magik, Phoenix ...

Agnes said
"Wanda has her powers since she was a child and the gem magnified them".

Feige said this show would explain her powers and their origins and show how her deeds draw the attention of other significant people in the MCU.

So in the absence of any contrary statements I am going with Agnes.
Pietro has only been a plot device in WV, they didn't go into detail about anything to do with him.

The reason we are having the debate is because you are not taking Agnes at her word. Nothing to do with ambiguity.

Agnes could well be lying but there are only so many fakeouts that an audience can take before Marvel loses them, so false narration is possible but they cannot flip-flop too much on important factors like character origins.

Fair. I personally think they are dodging the question entirely.

I think it's designed to be a "fill in the blanks" type of situation. I think if they were hard committing, she would've simply called her a mutant. She never did. We'll agree to disagree, all I'm saying is that instead of them giving us a line that can be interpreted in multiple ways, if they wanted to go that route, they'd call a spade a spade. Not use metaphors and shyt

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Purple magic was from Dormammu's dark dimension & Agatha's all about that purp...

Also, the coven in the intro called Agatha a "dark witch" I think
Dormammu was spitting that lavender :wrist:. Agatha is rocking that dark purple.