Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I feel bad for the people who are going to go into every Marvel related show/movie desperately searching for a Fantastic 4 connection.

Its so funny to me because the Fantastic Four aint even popular like that. Sure everyone knows who they are but they not moving units like the X-Men and with the Avengers being more mainstream they don't really serve much purpose... except for introducing Doom.

Reed Richards as a genius is interesting, but Reed as a stretchy ass superhero will look corny on film. They struggle to make Sue interesting. Thing is a C-rate Hulk, not interesting... Johnny probably the only cool one to watch.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
876a5e08157789f5935659dc28bd4825d661a63e.gifv

18d469bc3088bac6a12a48360e0daec791492a2b.gifv

a051dcb2d5b6608a350f92b2f44911a4012f7051.gifv

2aaa740c653e350c28eb2d7ef2b8017fc8b3dd86.gifv
She really been od aggressive with Monica this whole season :mjlol::mjlol::mjtf::what::ufdup:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Its so funny to me because the Fantastic Four aint even popular like that. Sure everyone knows who they are but they not moving units like the X-Men and with the Avengers being more mainstream they don't really serve much purpose... except for introducing Doom.

Reed Richards as a genius is interesting, but Reed as a stretchy ass superhero will look corny on film. They struggle to make Sue interesting. Thing is a C-rate Hulk, not interesting... Johnny probably the only cool one to watch.

It's funny because the original Avengers were formed because people were trying to contact the Fantastic Four. There's always been a weird overlap between the two from the very beginning.

It's gonna be important that the MCU makes the distinction that Avengers are more of a superhero task force, FF are a family of adventurers. The FF sometimes fight crime and solve problems but that's not their thing. They actively go out and create fukkery. :ehh:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Umm, this whole episode was about Wanda's spiraling mental condition; losing control of her perfect little world; Wanting to be left alone, even turning away her own kids despite one of them obviously needing comforting. keeping Vision away (I'm pretty sure this wasn't Agnes' doing). Basically all the signs of depression.

And Agnes has been passively manipulating Wanda the whole time. Now that Monica has broken through self-aware, Agnes has to up her game. But of course her reasoning will be revealed in the next ep.
I think it was Agnes doing

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

Fantastic Four was actually more popular than X-men and Avengers in the comics initially. Fans use to call Hulk a knockoff Thing back in the day he came out first and the Hulk and him have a ton of similarities.

Marvel can definitely make a dope adaption for the FF shyt Incredibles basically jacked their style back in 2004.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Def have great rogues and expanded the marvel universe with cosmic shyt. But yeah they were popular but dwindled down

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Thinking about it depends on the actors and it depends on the stories.

Are Cap's powers interesting? Or are Loki's? Not as presented in the MCU they aren't but those two (along with Tony) are the fan's favourites. Cap is a better character than Bucky and that is chiefly down to the actor. Sebastian Stan is flat and so he will never attain Cap's status no matter how well the write him.

Loki does what? Fight with knives, make himself immaterial and do the odd minor (mostly off-screen) magic trick. Dr. Strange (who can do a lot more in the MCU) was less interesting than Loki until the Russo's took control.

How about Starlord? Are his powers better than say Captain Marvel? I'd say not but the presentation and the actor make him a more compelling character than CM, in the MCU. Ditto Rocket or Groot (NOTE: Groot's powers are similar to Mr. Fantastic's in some ways).

Sue's powers in the right hands are amazing, as John Byrne showed.

They just need to get the stories and the actors right above all and the rest will fall into place.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Fantastic Four was actually more popular than X-men and Avengers in the comics initially. Fans use to call Hulk a knockoff Thing back in the day he came out first and the Hulk and him have a ton of similarities.

Marvel can definitely make a dope adaption for the FF shyt Incredibles basically jacked their style back in 2004.

Nobody cares about who was more popular while MLK was still marching. :mjlol:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Nobody cares about who was more popular while MLK was still marching. :mjlol:

The MCU made the Avengers more popular for audiences than the Fox X-Men in only 6 films. Some people might say that they managed that with only their 1st film, Iron Man 1.

The MCU turned "boring powered" Cap, Loki, Black Window ,Winter Soldier, Falcon into (at least) popular characters who now can carry their own TV series and films. Cap 1 was once considered a world war 2 story about the most "boring avenger" and now Cap gets the biggest hero cheers.

In the case of Loki (who no one in the general public had previously heard of), they turned him into a real-world actor-god in just 2 films - Thor 1 and Avengers.

So what if you don't like old ("malcolm times") how about what the MCU has done in the last 13 years.

The MCU turned a racc00n and a tree into stars didn't they :ufdup: .

XdMKBfS.png

The FF are in safe hands. The Avengers always beat the X-men out for spectacle so the X-men have to find an MCU niche. My guess is that it will be a less glamorous one than both the FF (the establishment cosmic scientist family) and the Avengers (the super super-heroes).

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The MCU made the Avengers more popular for audiences than the Fox X-Men in only 6 films. Some people might say that they managed that with only their 1st film, Iron Man 1.

The MCU turned "boring powered" Cap, Loki, Black Window ,Winter Soldier, Falcon into (at least) popular characters who now can carry their own TV series and films. Cap 1 was once considered a world war 2 story about the most "boring avenger" and now Cap gets the biggest hero cheers.

In the case of Loki (who no one in the general public had heard of) they turned him into a real-world actor god in just 2 films - Thor 1 and Avengers.

So what if you don't like old ("malcolm times") how about what the MCU has done in the last 13 years.

The MCU turned a racc00n and a tree into stars didn't they :ufdup: .

XdMKBfS.png

Loki to be fair was a well known pagan myth character. So i would’nt say nobody heard of him