:patrice:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mutants will probably come from ...

Celestials ..

That is what Inhumans, Celestials and the Black Knight story is about in Eternals (film) - Wikipedia .

Wanda is a mutant and she has been in the MCU all along.

Eternals have been on Earth all along (as well as Mutants) but it took the snaps to activate the x-gene (outside of Strucker), to fracture the multiverse (see the Time Authority in Loki and Kang) and to wake up the Black Knight.

"Within the Earth X universe, the powers of the vast majority of Marvel's human superheroes were revealed to have been the result of genetic manipulation by the Celestials millions of years in the past."
Mutant (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia

That would actually be dope but it still doesn't explain where Quicksilver came from. Because she obviously pulled him from somewhere that mutants already exist.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
only way to me would be Xavier using cerebro to suppress any knowledge of mutants from the collective human conscious

but multiverse is more likely :manny:

Nah because that makes mutants seem weak as fukk.

Ok Xavier has been hiding them from the public....but zero mutants lifted a finger to defend Earth the multiple times the world almost ended in the MCU.:mjlol:

Fred.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Nah because that makes mutants seem weak as fukk.

Ok Xavier has been hiding them from the public....but zero mutants lifted a finger to defend Earth the multiple times the world almost ended in the MCU.:mjlol:

Fred.

That could just start at the "beginning". Mutants have the X-gene (by definition) but their typically powers manifest later in life. Just because you are a mutant it doesn't mean that you will demonstrate powers early in life. The mutants that did tended to be the ones with traumatic powers or who were affected by trauma. In fact some people are just x-gene carriers (see genosha, sentinels in the future, iceman's dad in X2) and never manifest powers themselves.

SPOILER!!!!

In American comic books published by Marvel Comics, a mutant is a human being that possesses a genetic trait called the X-gene. It causes the mutant to develop superhuman powers that manifest at puberty. Human mutants are sometimes referred to as a human subspecies Homo sapiens superior, or simply Homo superior.

They just need to re-jig when/how powers manifests and voila .. For example the gauntlet snaps trigger something.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
We are 5 episodes deep of a 9-10 episode season. Being that Disney spoon fed the obvious to the casuals in E3, I would find it very hard to believe they would introduce another character pulling the strings this late in the season that would need to be resolved by seasons end. Especially since these episodes are 30-45 minutes each.

Wandavision is supposed to be 6 hours of runtime, and there's 9 episodes total. With the last 5 we saw about 2 hours n a half of that runtime. Episode 6 might be another half hour while the last 3 could be an hour each. So shyts about to get real

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
That would actually be dope but it still doesn't explain where Quicksilver came from. Because she obviously pulled him from somewhere that mutants already exist.

Fred.

We don't know whether that is the real QS. And even if it is there is nothing that says "they" are not also in the Fox universe. What's his face was around in the days of the pyramids.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Wandavision is supposed to be 6 hours of runtime, and there's 9 episodes total. With the last 5 we saw about 2 hours n a half of that runtime. Episode 6 might be another half hour while the last 3 could be an hour each. So shyts about to get real
E5 wasn't 30 minutes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That could just start at the "beginning". Mutants have the X-gene (by definition) but their typically powers manifest later in life. Just because you are a mutant it doesn't mean that you will demonstrate powers early in life. The mutants that did tended to be the ones with traumatic powers or who were affected by trauma. In fact some people are just x-gene carriers (see genosha, sentinels in the future, iceman's dad in X2) and never manifest powers themselves.

SPOILER!!!!

In American comic books published by Marvel Comics, a mutant is a human being that possesses a genetic trait called the X-gene. It causes the mutant to develop superhuman powers that manifest at puberty. Human mutants are sometimes referred to as a human subspecies Homo sapiens superior, or simply Homo superior.

They just need to re-jig when/how powers manifests and voila .. For example the gauntlet snaps trigger something.

We don't know whether that is the real QS. And even if it is there is nothing that says "they" are not also in the Fox universe. What's his face was around in the days of the pyramids.

I think we're talking about two different things man.

I'm talking about the origin of mutants in the MCU. IE, why they weren't in the 20+ movies leading up to "Wandavision".

You're talking about the origin of mutants in general.

And regardless of whether or not that's the real Quicksilver, he has to exist in some capacity somewhere for him to appear on this show. Because otherwise, what are they referencing?

The simplest explanation is the Fox movies exist out there somewhere and Wanda tapped into that alternate reality.

Fred.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

I'm talking about the origin of mutants in the MCU. IE, why they weren't in the 20+ movies leading up to "Wandavision".

And regardless of whether or not that's the real Quicksilver, he has to exist in some capacity somewhere for him to appear on this show. Because otherwise, what are they referencing?

The simplest explanation is the Fox movies exist out there somewhere and Wanda tapped into that alternate reality.

Fred.
They could be on some earth-1999 didnt have mutants and the fox universe was earth -729, and the snap/unsnap merged both universes. i had always thought these MCU movies were ultimates universe, minus miles and mutants :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Fred.

do you not think it would be harder to bring in the history of those Xmen in particular?

I mean you can’t bring back Emma Frost from that universe if you fold it in.

it just seems easier to make this Quicksilver from another reality but his mind is wiped and send him back at the end of this and bring in your own.

That way they can “ recast” an Fox actor into a different role if they want.

Like I’m sure they would love to have Anya Taylor Joy as Jean Grey or Crystal in the Inhumans and not be bound by New Mutants.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Xmen characters are notorious for switching sides. So yeah a Quentin Quire can be a villain in one story and a good guy in another.

Are you for real? Comics produce 100s of villains a year. Most villains are Polka Dot Man status. But every so often you get a genuinely interesting Quentin Quire or Xorn.

You saying Stryfe is on the same level as a magneto or Sinister?

Stop trying to find outrage. I said they don’t have a deep bench of villains( cause people switch sides a lot) but they’ve have multiple dynamics to pull from.

Sabertooth vs Xmen isn’t as interesting as Sabertooth vs Wolverine. Legion and Charles instead of a generic XFactor vs Legion.

Heck you could make an entire movie of Alpha Flight and Wolverine but a X-men vs Alpha Flight ain’t nothing to spend money over.
Quientin is new age...the real X men..Cyclops, Rogue, storm, Wolverine, Gambit, Iceman, etc. You can't be serious..Nate Grey's book X Man used to be the #4 highest selling book in comics. I mean..get real..lol.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Fred.

I am talking about the origins of mutants in ALL universes involving celestials. So MCU-prime, MCU-fox, MCU-sony, wherever ... all of them.

They were not in the 20+ movies because they didn't have any powers in the MCU prime universe yet. The MCU-prime mutants' powers kicked-off post the gauntlet snaps. You could just fix that as Hulk's snap. Having the x-gene doesn't mean that they manifest powers until something triggers them. I have already said as much. That is why I provided the wiki link.

In the comics it was normally puberty but trauma did it too.

YltTl3p.png

klnxWx7.png

Why would "they" have to exist in the 20+ films?

Take Kitty as a mutant (example). Up until the final Hulk-snap she would just be a normal teenager (with a dormant x-gene like she was prior to the X-men panels shown above). After the snap her powers would start to manifest.

In-universe logic-wise, why would the Fox guys not be in the MCU for those 20+ movies? Because the dimension barriers were still stable pre snap.

If he is not THE (i.e. A) real QS he does not have to exist somewhere outside of the main MCU universe. who says THEY are referencing anything? that's your interpretation. it might just be structural foreshadowing to indicate what could be done but was not done. It is called being meta in this age of movie making.

4. Even if he or his appearance were pulled from elsewhere Wanda didn't do it.

5. Even if he or his appearance was pulled from elsewhere It doesn't mean that everyone else will be pulled from there or that the MCU celestial/mutant history doesn't apply in both universes

The post gauntlet-snap activation (memory/awareness) is how they are going to work the Eternals and The Black Knight, so why not the mutants?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Quientin is new age...the real X men..Cyclops, Rogue, storm, Wolverine, Gambit, Iceman, etc. You can't be serious..Nate Grey's book X Man used to be the #4 highest selling book in comics. I mean..get real..lol.
Thanks for making my point.

Winter Soldier is two years younger than Quentin Quire.

Comics can’t just rely on the stalwarts of Lee and Kirby or Claremont and Bryne era completely. They have to update and add new stuff too.

Harley Quinn, Court of Owls... Batman is still churning out media on every level.

Name three FF villains popular that were created in the last 20 years.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Thanks for making my point.

Winter Soldier is two years younger than Quentin Quire.

Comics can’t just rely on the stalwarts of Lee and Kirby or Claremont and Bryne era completely. They have to update and add new stuff too.

Harley Quinn, Court of Owls... Batman is still churning out media on every level.

Name three FF villains popular that were created in the last 20 years.
Lol..bingo...I remember they had this Franklin Richards future offspring named Hyperstorm...bombed huge...