Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Brady Bunch is still my favorite episode. This was cool, I like that they established the outside world, and other MCU cameos, but that spoon-fed ish has got to stop...or at least aired it 1-2 episodes later, since it didn't add anything to the story that wasn't already known.

I'm shocked (but not really) that people hate the retro-sitcom vibe. Didn't you already know that was gonna be a huge part of the show, for a while?

But like most have speculated, while Wanda controls the bubble, someone else is manipulating it/her, as well...And we all know which character it is.

I think it might just all be Wanda like they said :yeshrug:

Considering all the trauma she went thru (parents dying, brother dying, Vision dying twice, etc.), Vision not coming back with everyone else might have just been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sure it could be Mephisto or something but it might be more interesting if it's just mental illness. In the comics she's more than a little prone to that...

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I find myself thinking about stuff we learn each episode and end up saying to myself "What If..." which then gets me more hyped for the What If animated series.

Again Marvel is just too good.

So..

What If this entire town got dusted back during the Thanos snap? Or What If the Banner Snap affected this town in some weird way?

Timeline wise it's only 3 weeks after Endgame if I heard that correctly in this latest episode.

I also like how low-key we now have half of the Young Avengers roster in the world with those directly known about (The Twins, Cassie Lang) those we know on the way (Kate Bishop) and those implied (The Skrulls - Hulking, Iron Lad via Kang) all but assured the rumored casting in FAWS is happening.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
i get wiccan and speed being introduced as wanda's kids, but has there ever been a comic mention of her being able to create life?

I know House of M caused her to erase life, but i unno :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think the major difference is Lovecraft was kind of upfront about who the good and bad guys were and what the stakes were. The show was giving people character development to argue over.

We’re 4 eps in and I still can’t tell you what Wanda’s emotional state is or what the stakes are for this bubble.

Not really.... as THESE 4 eps on WandaVision equate to 2 eps on Lovecraft and at that point we equally STILL didn’t know much. I don’t think that was really even fleshed out till like ep 6 or 7, which is 12-14 eps if this if they went that far.
Hell I’m gonna throw in Watchmen too.

I’m sure they gonna get to where the need to get to but damn we gotta let them get there. I don’t get the rush, especially when for years some been calling for more complexity, mystery, and change of “formula” in their storytelling.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Not really.... as THESE 4 eps on WandaVision equate to 2 eps on Lovecraft and at that point we equally STILL didn’t know much. I don’t think that was really even fleshed out till like ep 6 or 7, which is 12-14 eps if this if they went that far.
Hell I’m gonna throw in Watchmen too.

I’m sure they gonna get to where the need to get to but damn we gotta let them get there. I don’t get the rush, especially when for years some been calling for more complexity, mystery, and change of “formula” in their storytelling.
The opening scene of Watchmen established the threat and compounded the mystery from there.

There’s no hard and fast rules about telling a mystery but there’s a reason 90% of the discussion in here isn’t about how Wanda and Vision will get through this. It’s a lot of how Wanda can facilitate what I want to see( mutants, multiverse, mephisto)

imagine watching the Winter Soldier and be thinking about hoping the Red Skull pops up with the cosmic cube like the comics instead of the immediate fallout of Cap and Bucky.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The opening scene of Watchmen established the threat and compounded the mystery from there.

There’s no hard and fast rules about telling a mystery but there’s a reason 90% of the discussion in here isn’t about how Wanda and Vision will get through this. It’s a lot of how Wanda can facilitate what I want to see( mutants, multiverse, mephisto)

imagine watching the Winter Soldier and be thinking about hoping the Red Skull pops up with the cosmic cube like the comics instead of the immediate fallout of Cap and Bucky.

Na.... people are being picky for the sake of being picky. I just think or episodic seasonal shows. People will overall think it’s trash or the greatest thing ever, every week based off the ep.

It’s like, man, just let it play out. It’s a larger story and they don’t need to tell things too early. Especially if it’s a short series cuz then comes the complaints of “it felt too rushed”

See this goes back to in the Young Rock thread I said I hope they give us 1hr eps as someone said they want 30mins.

Like he gonna be telling a story essentially in FOUR times lines. Not sure how you can effectively do that in 23 mins (taking out commercial time)

This show is roughly 26 mins and we only getting a small amount of eps. They will get there but people need to let them cook. Everything can be squared up and assessed later