Official Elder Scrolls Online Thread (new Skyrim MMO)

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
How'd you level so quick breh? :dwillhuh:

I'm having fun, but the leveling is taking quite some time, I'd like to get up there asap. Help a brotha out. This game is so new that there isn't many guides out there at all.

Also, can I run instances (dungeons) at my level? (7) Or do I need to get higher?

There's so much to do. :russ:

I'm getting overwhelmed, but it's a good overwhelmed.

i actually played the pc version at launch and i hated leveling.. so i can't really help you out much :francis:

i leveled by questing and doing all the public dungeons and dolmens.. around level 30, i'd come across grinding groups and those leveled me muuuch faster than anything else. i don't know if they changed it though.

the first instanced dungeon is around lvl 12-15. i think there's 3 of them, one for each faction but you can do them all.

i played pretty much just for the pvp.. which was a ton of fun.. but when i found out i had to level to 50 3 times in order to be competitive.. i had to quit :mjcry:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Breh I have no idea what I want to do on here as a build so many options
game is clunky as fukk. I don't know how any of you enjoy this. Easily one of those games I wish I never got suckered into trying. 60$ for absolute trash. How do you have a Elder Scrolls MMO that isn't even open-world? da fukk dey do dat at?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When they announced "No subscription" I genuinely expected it to drop
as Free To Play but $60 for an MMO I can't even try ? :patrice:
That's a REALLY steep price.

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA
game is clunky as fukk. I don't know how any of you enjoy this. Easily one of those games I wish I never got suckered into trying. 60$ for absolute trash. How do you have a Elder Scrolls MMO that isn't even open-world? da fukk dey do dat at?
:yeshrug: How long ago when you played? I'm not really noticing it being clunky the load screens are a pain though but overall it's not bad. Game has a great story to me.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: How long ago when you played? I'm not really noticing it being clunky the load screens are a pain though but overall it's not bad. Game has a great story to me.
When the game was first released. MMO's are usually enjoyable while you're leveling up, it's when end game hits is where it loses its luster. I'm sure they've improved the game but there are some fundamental design choices that make it not a fun MMO for what I'm looking for. The combat was clunky as fukk to me (it was all "airy" like the elder scrolls games) if that makes sense. There weren't enough abilities, I mean, what you have like 5 abilities on your main bar and you can switch weapons and get 5 more? (hint: they're going to be releasing this on consoles...can't have that many abilities) I dunno. I like having a wide variety of spells that provide towards a specific playstyle, I'm used to WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, DAOC etc. Where you have 20+ spells/abilities you can use for different situations. I'd say my biggest annoyance with this game is that it isn't open world. One of the most alluring aspects of Elder Scrolls is being able to go where you want and explore an entire world. This is the same mistake Star Wars: The Old Republic made. You just walk from map-to-map-to-map. In Star Wars Galaxies you could literally traverse entire planets. I could walk to Jabba the Hutt's palace or Luke's home on tatooine. I could go to the Dark Jedi temple on Dantooine. In ESO/Star Wars: The Old Republic you literally just go from map to map to map. I don't think there will EVER be a successful MMO that is not open world. I've been playing MMO's for a while and I keep seeing developers make these mistakes.

Last edited:

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA
When the game was first released. MMO's are usually enjoyable while you're leveling up, it's when end game hits is where it loses its luster. I'm sure they've improved the game but there are some fundamental design choices that make it not a fun MMO for what I'm looking for. The combat was clunky as fukk to me (it was all "airy" like the elder scrolls games) if that makes sense. There weren't enough abilities, I mean, what you have like 5 abilities on your main bar and you can switch weapons and get 5 more? (hint: they're going to be releasing this on consoles...can't have that many abilities) I dunno. I like having a wide variety of spells that provide towards a specific playstyle, I'm used to WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, DAOC etc. Where you have 20+ spells/abilities you can use for different situations. I'd say my biggest annoyance with this game is that it isn't open world. One of the most alluring aspects of Elder Scrolls is being able to go where you want and explore an entire world. This is the same mistake Star Wars: The Old Republic made. You just walk from map-to-map-to-map. In Star Wars Galaxies you could literally traverse entire planets. I could walk to Jabba the Hutt's palace or Luke's home on tatooine. I could go to the Dark Jedi temple on Dantooine. In ESO/Star Wars: The Old Republic you literally just go from map to map to map. I don't think there will EVER be a successful MMO that is not open world. I've been playing MMO's for a while and I keep seeing developers make these mistakes.
All these mmos have flaws though we are long past the days of ffxi and vanilla wow. They are no made for casual gamers. I am content with this one for now, but I'm not end game so idk what's next but mmos hurting in general.

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
Whose gonna make the daggerfall division of the coli gang? I'm only lvl 7 :mjcry:. But ready to wreck the rest of these coli suckaz :shaq:.

#Dfallgang4life

Last edited: