Official Elder Scrolls Online Thread (new Skyrim MMO)

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I'm level 20 and haven't had any major glitches :yeshrug:
game itself is gorgeous and the skill design is refreshing. At worst I'm going to play thru the main story line like any other elder scroll game, then toss it in the bushes.
its not the worst mmo ever but its not worth the sub to me :manny:

there are definitely better alternatives gameplay and graphics wise :manny:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I played Terra, never got into it... :scusthov:
I never gave GW2 a shot... I was still in Azeroth when it came out.:sadcam:

TERA is dope. the only reason i dont play it is becauseall the nikkas i played it with, quit the game :manny:

TERA and rift have BY FAR the best free 2 play models of any mmo ive ever played :ahh:

wow is :fabbynsick: status now that technolgy is catching up to what mmo devs really want to accomplish

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I played Terra, never got into it... :scusthov:
I never gave GW2 a shot... I was still in Azeroth when it came out.:sadcam:
gw2 is garbage. abandoning the healer, tank, dps trinity was a big mistake. I still think these developers are looking to make a quick buck and not create a long lasting MMO community that's necessary to sustain a game.. ESO has good aspects and bad aspects, I haven't played enough to give a complete opinion.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
gw2 is garbage. abandoning the healer, tank, dps trinity was a big mistake. I still think these developers are looking to make a quick buck and not create a long lasting MMO community that's necessary to sustain a game.. ESO has good aspects and bad aspects, I haven't played enough to give a complete opinion.
yea and holding on to played out mechanics isnt a mistake?
:stopitslime:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yea and holding on to played out mechanics isnt a mistake?
:stopitslime:
No, It's not really a mistake to create an MMO where classes have defined roles, the mistake is making classes that can't perform each role as good as another class. Each class should be able to heal, tank, or be a top dps when using the right talents, gear, etc. I love being a dedicated healer, and that wasn't possible in guild wars 2. They thought they were being innovative when in the end, people actually missed the trinity. That's where ESO did it right, any class can be anything.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
No, It's not really a mistake to create an MMO where classes have defined roles, the mistake is making classes that can't perform each role as good as another class. Each class should be able to heal, tank, or be a top dps when using the right talents, gear, etc. I love being a dedicated healer, and that wasn't possible in guild wars 2. They thought they were being innovative when in the end, people actually missed the trinity. That's where ESO did it right, any class can be anything.
meh im primarily a pvp player so that "run around and heal nikkas while 5 dps beat on me and i dont die" shyt is played out and the trinity promotes that problem.

I play multiplayer games for pvp and GW2 has the best mmo pvp out right now because of the removal of the trinity.

I understand that pve heroes need the trinity tho :pachaha:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
meh im primarily a pvp player so that "run around and heal nikkas while 5 dps beat on me and i dont die" shyt is played out and the trinity promotes that problem.

I play multiplayer games for pvp and GW2 has the best mmo pvp out right now because of the removal of the trinity.

I understand that pve heroes need the trinity tho :pachaha:
I play MMO's solely for pvp, and it's hilarious that you came at me like that because I've led several WoW teams to Gladiator titles (both as a healer and a mage) and led a small group of imperials who were vastly outnumbered and outgeared to be the dominant pvp force on the server in star wars galaxies. The removal of the trinity alienates players who prefer to be a dedicated healer or a dedicated tank. Again, the key is making it so each class can perform all roles.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I play MMO's solely for pvp, and it's hilarious that you came at me like that because I've led several WoW teams to Gladiator titles (both as a healer and a mage) and led a small group of imperials who were vastly outnumbered and outgeared to be the dominant pvp force on the server in star wars galaxies. The removal of the trinity alienates players who prefer to be a dedicated healer or a dedicated tank. Again, the key is making it so each class can perform all roles.
the only thing you cant truly do is be a dedicated healer. i can make my warrior 30k hp tank with a mace/shield or a 2h mace. similar to wow warriors with insane mobility and CC :manny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the only thing you cant truly do is be a dedicated healer. i can make my warrior 30k hp tank with a mace/shield or a 2h mace. similar to wow warriors with insane mobility and CC :manny:
I just think it's stupid to remove dedicated healers because it takes out a huge chunk of PVP strategy, i.e. controlling, counterspelling/killing the dedicated healer before other players. Not to mention again, you're alienating all the players who would like to be a healer. DPS characters bore me at this point in my MMO career., I like tanking or healing. In WoW I was such a skilled healer I could totally change the tide of battle, I love that shyt.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I just think it's stupid to remove dedicated healers because it takes out a huge chunk of PVP strategy, i.e. controlling, counterspelling/killing the dedicated healer before other players. Not to mention again, you're alienating all the players who would like to be a healer. DPS characters bore me at this point in my MMO career., I like tanking or healing. In WoW I was such a skilled healer I could totally change the tide of battle, I love that shyt.
i mained a hunter till cata and i hate dedicated healers with a passion :demonic:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i mained a hunter till cata and i hate dedicated healers with a passion :demonic:
i played a hunter in cata, mage/paladin in TBC and shaman in vanilla. Hunters were fukkin queers back in the day, especially night elf hunters, but that was mainly in vanilla. Hunters ended up becoming one of the most challenging pvp classes to play, they had too many fukkin' abilities, needed like 6 full fukkin' toolbars.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
i played a hunter in cata, mage/paladin in TBC and shaman in vanilla. Hunters were fukkin queers back in the day, especially night elf hunters, but that was mainly in vanilla. Hunters ended up becoming one of the most challenging pvp classes to play, they had too many fukkin' abilities, needed like 6 full fukkin' toolbars.
breh i was a god in wotlk :banderas:

back when Kill Shot actually killed nikkas :banderas:

when they changed to focus i quit :scusthov:

but they are OP in MOP now :banderas: