Official Elder Scrolls Online Thread (new Skyrim MMO)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
my thoughts on ESO is that.. its gonna be 2nd most sold MMO of all time only behind WOW. the problem they might run into is that can they RETAIN subscribers..

I think Elder Scrolls has too big of a following to flop and go Free 2 Play

but can they retain 2-3 million subs? thats something only time will tell
Star Wars failed MISERABLY and the following was even bigger, I copped, subbed for one month and then :whew: I didn't waste more money on that.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Star Wars failed MISERABLY and the following was even bigger, I copped, subbed for one month and then :whew: I didn't waste more money on that.

:whoa: I bought star wars too, but the following for star wars was not nearly the same for elder scrolls online

Skyrim is the 2nd highest selling RPG of the past 10 years
Star Wars has a huge movie following, but none of their games have ever sold insane amounts (theyve done well, but no world breakers..)

other things Elder Scrolls Online has going for it that Star Wars didnt;
Elder Scrolls Online took a page out of World of Warcraft book and made it possible for anyone with any computer can basically run the game decently. Its very optimized.

Star Wars ran like shyt on my computer and ive always had a computer in the range of good to top of the line. It ran horrible on most people computer and the combat was not smooth. Elder Scrolls Online combat is smoother.

People looking at Elder Scrolls Online like the sequal to Skyrim (even tho it takes place 1000 years before :heh: ) but by the looks / UI / game play and are familiar with the story from a gaming perspective

Elder Scrolls Online will be 2nd highest selling MMO of all time the ONLY issue they will have is can they keep peoples attention long enough to keep resubscribing every month. It wont go F2P just cause of the set up (its 1 mega server, Star Wars had multiple servers and many of them low pop). So they only have to maintain that and if they keep 500+k subs (which they can I think) they'll still be good.

What might actually end up killing em is consoles ironically.. even though Skyrim on console outsold Skyrim on PC (not 100% sure). It will sell well first initially but I dont think the console crowd ready to drop $15 a month for a game :yeshrug: or ready for a MMO as a whole.

Which sucks cause this game is tailored towards console play (the UI is garbage for PC MMO standards :camby: thankfully we get addons) but if it ends up flopping there, then all the dumbing down of the PC version was all for nothing :damn:

Elder Scrolls Online is off to a good start, but we'll have to see 3-4 months down the line it will tell evreything

edit: when I mean dumbing down I mean the interface.. The end game of this game is on some Dark Souls shyt :damn: If you dont block 1 hit you dead :damn:

this by far highest skill curve MMO ive ever played :damn:

I got 2 shot by a boss in a level 35 dungeon :damn:

Let alone level 50 :damn:

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
I don't get it. I had caught some gameplay videos before, and watching one right now. Is there anything else besides walking and stopping to talk to people?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
fukk DOSHIA!! FUCCK!!
:dead:

the game getsh ard as fukk level 50+... I hope they dont nerf it.. but its pretty much one slip up and you dead..

U14Qzss.jpg

vrADBJg.jpg

one of the highest leveled pve and pvp characters in the entire world :merchant:

:jawalrus: