Official Driveclub Thread

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
I'll wait for the PS+ version before I buy. I can only cop 1 game tomorrow and 2k15/alien isolation drop too :lupe:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can we preload the free version? :lupe:
Nah the trial version will come with the regular ps store update.
damn the weather patch really isn't day one? :wtf:
Nah. They've said since the moment they announced that it was coming post launch before the end of the year. Weather was something they decided to add during the delay. It wasn't something coming to the game day one.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Preordered :blessed:

Digital version. I randomly found a fukking DS game outside and traded that shyt in for $20 PSN credit. Total came to $49.99 flat no tax. :eat:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Quick Impressions:

Game looks stellar obviously. The first couple of tracks look great, nothing crazy so far. The hot hatch event in India is where you really see how beautiful the game looks. The way the track looked due to the cloud conditions and sun light made everything feel very "countryside" ish. It just looks natural. Clean and natural. There's minor jaggies on the cars when you look at them up close but in motion they're not really noticeable.

Controls are like a dream. shyt feels VERY smooth so far. I was whipping it. the controls are buttery smooth.

Sound effects of the cars is pretty nice too. One thing that's weird is music is off by default in races but you can turn it on. The music is pretty intense.

The whole race feels intense. It just feels "alive" if that makes any sense. CPU racers feel aggressive and real and it gets my adrenaline pumping. The race tracks are nicely designed. Very polished.

What I don't like so far is the limited customization so far. I didn't really delve into the editor but it seems like there wasn't much to do but :yeshrug:. I'm sure that is something that can easily be updated with a patch. :ahh: Gameplay is great though. Feels very fun to drive. That's just from driving a simple beetle. It was intense driving a beetle. :wow:

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick Impressions:

Game looks stellar obviously. The first couple of tracks look great, nothing crazy so far. The hot hatch event in India is where you really see how beautiful the game looks. The way the track looked due to the cloud conditions and sun light made everything feel very "countryside" ish. It just looks natural. Clean and natural. There's minor jaggies on the cars when you look at them up close but in motion they're not really noticeable.

Controls are like a dream. shyt feels VERY smooth so far. I was whipping it. the controls are buttery smooth.

Sound effects of the cars is pretty nice too. One thing that's weird is music is off by default in races but you can turn it on. The music is pretty intense.

The whole race feels intense. It just feels "alive" if that makes any sense. CPU racers feel aggressive and real and it gets my adrenaline pumping. The race tracks are nicely designed. Very polished.

What I don't like so far is the limited customization so far. I didn't really delve into the editor but it seems like there wasn't much to do but :yeshrug:. I'm sure that is something that can easily be updated with a patch. :ahh: Gameplay is great though. Feels very fun to drive. That's just from driving a simple beetle. It was intense driving a beetle. :wow:
I agree with pretty much all of this. The game makes a great impression and just feels fast and smooth. I just beat the rookie championship so about to see what these better cars are like. It has me not wanting to go back to 2k15 right now, so that tells you something. I have both next gen forza games and this matches their initial fun factor but we'll see about the longevity.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with pretty much all of this. The game makes a great impression and just feels fast and smooth. I just beat the rookie championship so about to see what these better cars are like. It has me not wanting to go back to 2k15 right now, so that tells you something. I have both next gen forza games and this matches their initial fun factor but we'll see about the longevity.
Yup. The game so far has met my expectations. If I didn't have to sleep I'd still be on. I'm surprised I'm more amazed by how well it plays in addition to the gfx.

The music is good too. Just gotta turn it on for in races.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game seems to be getting good reviews so far, shame it has been gimped in certain areas. Presume it will get mid-80s scores.

Personally I'm not interested in any serious drivers bar GT or the old rally games which are now dead.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Graphically it looks like destiny, which is weird, but not a bad thing. The environments look better than forza but I think I like forza's car models better. The crowds look like trash. The driving feels incredible and is definitely challenging. The objectives have me constantly under pressure, which is a good thing. I'm glad they included some extra fun shyt like drift and speed challenges. Also, the load times are excellent.

Last edited: