Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overhyping? Dont "other guy" me breh:mjlol:

I stated that she was solid in her role. She wasnt a weak link...... 1 min in her scene I dont even think her race was a focal point and for someone that doesnt really follow DS to that level...... no fukks really are giving at that or EC as her 2nd in command.

Again..... who are the top 10 Asian actresses out there that couldve done better? The broad from Crank 2?:pachaha:
Yes over-hyping. I think that the portrayal was good but not to the point where I felt no one couldnt do as good if not better:manny:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, on a ship that's NOT sinking.

And(in ref. to SS) one film's financial success makes it a good film now?? We're doing that today, fam?? We're not doing that today, are we?
Umm what ship is sinking ? Not DC brehs tv , comics merchandising movies . In the end of the day SS was a huge success , critics dont like it ? Fans seem too as I saw a million Harley and jokers this Halloween and in NYCC . The soundtrack did great as well . B vs S is also a success and did great for home viewing . Stop focusing on critics and lets enjoy doctor strange cause that's what this thread is about . I loved this movie and as a ACTUAL Comic fan who Watches both movies without stanning :scust:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yes over-hyping. I think that the portrayal was good but not to the point where I felt no one couldnt do as good if not better:manny:
for me personally...
she just had that kinda "wise grandmother" aura
it worked :yeshrug:

im gettin a little tired now of complaining about the race or gender of so and so in these movies and shows and shyt
shyt Baron Mordo wasnt black in the books

and like the homie @Bryan Danielson said, what asian actress/actor out there got range like that?
Harold and Kumar homie?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White folks saying the same about Mondor or whatever his name is:mjpls:

Either way.... its not that serious..... not sure say Michelle Yeoh or Lucy Lui or etc couldve pulled it off and made this character that dope as Tilda.... I mean really..... someone name the time 10 Asian actress in the game right now?:bryan:

Olivia Munn and Jamie Chung?:heh: The Asian chick from Fresh Off the Boat?:mjlol:
Your take is disgusting man . Stop it . The creative admitted it was a no win situation and said no matter which way they approached it they'd get heat so they picked a lane and went that route . They tried to make up for it by adding more diversity to the cast and making Wong a bad ass

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for me personally...
she just had that kinda "wise grandmother" aura
it worked :yeshrug:

im gettin a little tired now of complaining about the race or gender of so and so in these movies and shows and shyt
shyt Baron Mordo wasnt black in the books

and like the homie @Bryan Danielson said, what asian actress/actor out there got range like that?
Harold and Kumar homie?
She did a great job but I'm sure there is an Asian actress who can pull the role off as well if they chose to go that route.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Your take is disgusting man . Stop it . The creative admitted it was a no win situation and said no matter which way they approached it they'd get heat so they picked a lane and went that route . They tried to make up for it by adding more diversity to the cast and making Wong a bad ass

What did I say that was wrong?

And to strengthen your point, why dont you just drop a link? Yea I remember the backlash..... I never said there wasnt or was really talking about it.

All I'm saying is in finally seeing the final product, she was straight in her role just like EC was straight in his just like the Black guy on Flash in straight as Kid Flash, just like the Black girl is straight as Black Iris, just like Idris Elba a black guy is straight playing a character thats supposed to be white and so on and so on.

On one end I get the anger but on the other I think the so called faux outrage gets a little silly.

And again playing the BP Game..... I still wonder and am asking who are 10 Asian actresses out there that wouldve been a better fit for the role and its funny not one of yall have even attempted to name 2

I mean if we gonna get real about it... aint the fukking Ancient One supposed to be a MAN in the first place? Why aint there any "outrage" on them changing the fukking GENDER?:skip:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

:russ: If it was good then again.... whats the problem?

And who are 10 Asian Women that couldve did the same or better?

And now that I brought up that the original character is really a MAN...... lets take this faux outrage/disappointment to another level and call out some ASIAN MEN that should've got that job.

Would Andy Lau have killed it? What about Mad Dog from the movie the cop is trapped in that building:lolbron:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did I say that was wrong?

And to strengthen your point, why dont you just drop a link? Yea I remember the backlash..... I never said there wasnt or was really talking about it.

All I'm saying is in finally seeing the final product, she was straight in her role just like EC was straight in his just like the Black guy on Flash in straight as Kid Flash, just like the Black girl is straight as Black Iris, just like Idris Elba a black guy is straight playing a character thats supposed to be white and so on and so on.

On one end I get the anger but on the other I think the so called faux outrage gets a little silly.

And again playing the BP Game..... I still wonder and am asking who are 10 Asian actresses out there that wouldve been a better fit for the role and its funny not one of yall have even attempted to name 2

I mean if we gonna get real about it... aint the fukking Ancient One supposed to be a MAN in the first place? Why aint there any "outrage" on them changing the fukking GENDER?:skip:
You are the one that seems outraged. I stated that I thought she did a good job but don't see why they had to make the character white. It's not like whites are in need for roles :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You are the one that seems outraged. I stated that I thought she did a good job but don't see why they had to make the character white. It's not like whites are in need for roles :yeshrug:

I'm not outraged.... but lets take it further.... what was the need to make the character a female then. Yes she did a good job, agreed, but dont see the point in gender change. Not like they needed anymore women roles.... for fukks sakes we got WW and CMvl coming soon!:pacspit:

A man wouldve KILLED that role right?
:troll:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not outraged.... but lets take it further.... what was the need to make the character a female then. Yes she did a good job, agreed, but dont see the point in gender change. Not like they needed anymore women roles.... for fukks sakes we got WW and CMvl coming soon!:pacspit:

A man wouldve KILLED that role right?
:troll:
:coffee: