Official Disney Aladdin Live Action Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
eh...denno how I feel about this...can't really picture him as the genie...wonder if he'll rap them songs now

I can kinda see it from the quick wit of the genie...but like only his voice

He's got the personality for it definitely. But it depends on, like everything, the script and direction. Also on which songs they're keeping and which they're saying nah to

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I read three days ago that Jaden Smith was in talks for a role but I didn't know there was a thread on this already

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Guess who's fukking in talks to play the fukking genie: Will smith. Raise your hand if you saw that coming then go play the lotto. It's not a given yet but it's a possibility

Will Smith In Talks For Genie Role In Disney’s ‘Aladdin’

Parrots just don't understand.

783728fab624a0b2ebabdaa4ad02bb5e.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No. It was messy and uneven. Didn't know wether it wanted to be dark and gritty or comical and whimsical and jumped between the 2. All the performances are underwhelming.

Damn. I disagree but I feel you. I think it juggled tone in the way the animated movie did which veered back and forth but did it right. That movie got dark as well but the original story is so you'd be doing a disservice to it by not going down that road. And I fukked with the performances

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Me and the wife enjoyed Beauty and the Beast.

As long as no one has blond hair and blue eyes, we'll Definitely check out Aladdin first day, regardless who's playing who.

Maybe they can get the slumdog millionaire dude to play Aladdin or any big Bollywood actor