Official Diablo 3 thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I thought this was an expansion :snoop:

D3 is one of my fav games this gen (my first Diablo), but I thought this was an expansion to RoS.
:francis:
:ufdup:You should have known this was for the necromancer.
They did add a bunch of items and new areas though. Diablo 3 is one of (if not the) best supported games. Blizzard does a great job keeping the game fresh.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Played as necromancer for a few hours last night and really enjoyed it.
At first I thought he was OP but quickly realized he has a pretty major weakness, and it's that most of his strong attacks require corpses.
When I first started I was wondering why every time I killed an enemy they left a corpse (which is something that didn't happen before the necromancer pack).
As I leveled up I realized that those corpses are created when you kill an enemy because they are necessary for the necromancer to cast his spells.
It's a gift and a curse. Playing 4 players I was able to assist with my base attack while everyone else used heavy attacks. Once I few corpses were on the screen I was able to quickly mop everything up.
The down side is that when we fought a boss, I struggled to contribute to the battle since there were no other enemies around I could use to create corpses so half of my attacks during the boss fight were completely unavailable to me.
So far he's a great character with some very interesting mechanics. I typically main wizard but I might switch depending on some of his end game moves.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:ufdup:You should have known this was for the necromancer.
They did add a bunch of items and new areas though. Diablo 3 is one of (if not the) best supported games. Blizzard does a great job keeping the game fresh.

:what: Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are probably the least updated games in Blizzard history.. They babies are Hearthstone which has a new expansion like every 2-3 months :dead: , World of Warcraft obviously which has gone through 3 huge expansions since Diablo 3 Release (Mist of Pandaria came out late 2012 so a little before Diablo 3, Warlords of Dreanor 2014 and Legion 2016) and big patches that release new raids and tiers.

Then now their project they spend a lot of time updating/promoting is obviously Overwatch

Played as necromancer for a few hours last night and really enjoyed it.
At first I thought he was OP but quickly realized he has a pretty major weakness, and it's that most of his strong attacks require corpses.
When I first started I was wondering why every time I killed an enemy they left a corpse (which is something that didn't happen before the necromancer pack).
As I leveled up I realized that those corpses are created when you kill an enemy because they are necessary for the necromancer to cast his spells.

:dwillhuh: did you not play Diablo 2 ?

Necromancer (Diablo II)

fukk blizzard :mjcry: Diablo 3 is their worst continuation of a series for them :mjcry: Diablo 2 was probably their GOAT game and Diablo 3 is :trash: :mjcry:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:what: Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are probably the least updated games in Blizzard history.. They babies are Hearthstone which has a new expansion like every 2-3 months :dead: , World of Warcraft obviously which has gone through 3 huge expansions since Diablo 3 Release (Mist of Pandaria came out late 2012 so a little before Diablo 3, Warlords of Dreanor 2014 and Legion 2016) and big patches that release new raids and tiers.

Then now their project they spend a lot of time updating/promoting is obviously Overwatch

Necromancer (Diablo II)

fukk blizzard :mjcry: Diablo 3 is their worst continuation of a series for them :mjcry: Diablo 2 was probably their GOAT game and Diablo 3 is :trash: :mjcry:
In response to Rekka I was referring to console games. There are very few games on console that receive as many content updates as Diablo 3 has.
I play Hearthstone daily. I think Blizzard updates it so often because they recognize the micro transaction gold mine they have with that game.

I didn't play any of the previous Diablo games. I'm not a PC gamer. I'm familiar with them only by what I've read and youtube.
A friend of mine had it and played it religiously. I've just never gamed heavy on PC. I watched him play from time to time. Always looked interesting.
The PC games I was big on was Star Craft, Command and Conquer Red Alert, Civilization, The Half Life games, Warcraft 2 and 3, World of warcraft for about a year, and I think that's it.
I was playing Starcraft 2 quite a bit but haven't played in a LONG time. I tried Diablo 3 on PC and loved it....but I already have it on console and enjoy the 4 player local co op a lot so I've stuck with the console version.

Overwatch has been great for Blizzard. I wish they would spend more time on Diablo 3. It's one of my favorite games of all time and it deserves another expansion and/or sequel.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
About to fire this up for the first time in a year, to try to create a Hardcore Curser-Mancer

Necromancer (Diablo II)

Diablo 2 Necros used Mana, just like everyone else. The Corpse/Essence thing is totally new. Corpses in D2 were explodable and could spawn minions, but they didn't take the place of Mana.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Got my necromancer to lvl 20 tonight. Dude is powerful as hell when he has corpses ready. I augmented my moves to make my assistants turn into corpses when they die. Now I can just create corpses when I need them.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Got my necromancer to lvl 20 tonight. Dude is powerful as hell when he has corpses ready. I augmented my moves to make my assistants turn into corpses when they die. Now I can just create corpses when I need them.
Hit L50 yesterday. Corpse explosion/Bloody Mess seems really powerful. I'm using the Blood Golem to create an automatic 8 corpses and whatever skill it is that gives a chance to create health globes when using a corpse.

I'm surprised there's no kind of casting delay with CE. Each explosion creates more corpses, so you can just click rapid fire to blow up every non-elite on screen. I wouldn't be surprised if they Nerf it. (Then again, I'm only L50, don't know how effective it is at higher levels)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Hit L50 yesterday. Corpse explosion/Bloody Mess seems really powerful. I'm using the Blood Golem to create an automatic 8 corpses and whatever skill it is that gives a chance to create health globes when using a corpse.

I'm surprised there's no kind of casting delay with CE. Each explosion creates more corpses, so you can just click rapid fire to blow up every non-elite on screen. I wouldn't be surprised if they Nerf it. (Then again, I'm only L50, don't know how effective it is at higher levels)
I use the golem too. I like the move that turns the corpses into a rain of spears.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

I use the golem too. I like the move that turns the corpses into a rain of spears.

how do u solo bosses?