Official Diablo 3 thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
thats what im saying

like its new and fresh right now, but part of the fun in D2 was making different builds

they dont let you adjust stats, and skills can be rearranged on the fly? :dwillhuh:

im enjoying the game the mechanics are solid but shyt i can already see the writing on the wall unless they add some depth there

i mean are their even runewords anymore?

if you change your skills in inferno you lose your stacks of nephlem or how ever you spell it so you pretty much set with the spells you enter with.. and the cooldown on the spells if you change them is long as shyt

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
in D2 once you learn the mechanics theres like 1-2 best builds that everyone started doing a month in. so while yea you could have different builds if you wanted to be good you had to choose pretty much the same route everyone else was going.

and in later difficulties its pretty much impossible to change skills on the fly in the battle .I think on inferno its a minute cooldown. so u can do it after you die :manny:

I put alot of hours in D2 and can tell you that once you learned the mechanics, that actually allowed you to be more flexible with your builds. By being able to manually assign your stat points you could experiment more. Sure you would get some builds that were bad and could not proceed past Act 1 of Hell but you learned what work and what didn't. That allowed for creativity. I feel like as of right now that creativity isn't there for D3. Let me take Demon Hunter for example. Hungering Arrow is so much better than the rest of the primary skills its almost sad. Using Strafe in Inferno :heh: Sentry is just trash. Companions add nothing. Lets not act like this game has some insane amount of variety. Once you get to Inferno it's pretty much the same thing. Equip the highest damage weapon you have, stack vitality and your primary stat, add some resist and attack speed then proceed. I'm not saying this game is bad but it definitely takes a few steps back from its predecessor.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
I put alot of hours in D2 and can tell you that once you learned the mechanics, that actually allowed you to be more flexible with your builds. By being able to manually assign your stat points you could experiment more. Sure you would get some builds that were bad and could not proceed past Act 1 of Hell but you learned what work and what didn't. That allowed for creativity. I feel like as of right now that creativity isn't there for D3. Let me take Demon Hunter for example. Hungering Arrow is so much better than the rest of the primary skills its almost sad. Using Strafe in Inferno :heh: Sentry is just trash. Companions add nothing. Lets not act like this game has some insane amount of variety. Once you get to Inferno it's pretty much the same thing. Equip the highest damage weapon you have, stack vitality and your primary stat, add some resist and attack speed then proceed. I'm not saying this game is bad but it definitely takes a few steps back from its predecessor.
shyt is still cookie cutter though in D2
Any game where you have soooo many choices but only 2 or 3 is viable for end game?

F*ck that, I played WoW for years, putting points into skills that up crit percentage and vitality, with out giving me something NEW to utilize is really lame

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
shyt is still cookie cutter though in D2
Any game where you have soooo many choices but only 2 or 3 is viable for end game?

F*ck that, I played WoW for years, putting points into skills that up crit percentage and vitality, with out giving me something NEW to utilize is really lame

That's just it though. There are more than 2 or 3 builds per class that are viable end game in D2. And once again can the same thing can be said about D3.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

:dwillhuh: no one in inferno stacks vitality its the 4th-5th most important stat in the game for any class

barbarians in inferno -> 1. resists 2. armor 3. strength 4. vitality
demon hunters in inferno -> 1. dexterity 2. attack speed 3. +max discipline 4. hatred renewal

etc etc

a barbarian would rather have 40k life, 800 resists, 15k dps and 70+% damage reduction than have 90k life, 400 resists, 8k dps and 70% reduction..

a demon hunter that has 14k life and 90k dps > a demon hunter with 50k life and 30k dps

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh: no one in inferno stacks vitality its the 4th-5th most important stat in the game for any class

barbarians in inferno -> 1. resists 2. armor 3. strength 4. vitality
demon hunters in inferno -> 1. dexterity 2. attack speed 3. +max discipline 4. hatred renewal

etc etc

a barbarian would rather have 40k life, 800 resists, 15k dps and 70+% damage reduction than have 90k life, 400 resists, 8k dps and 70% reduction..

a demon hunter that has 14k life and 90k dps > a demon hunter with 50k life and 30k dps

What about Wizards?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How many viable builds were there really for d2? It always ends up that there are like 1 or 2 cookie cuter builds that are clearly better than the rest.

I'm just having fun with it for what it is, now. Dungeon crawling with people online is fun. PVP may add some depth but I can't fathom how it is possible that PVP would be balanced.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Im not to inferno yet, where are some decent spots to farm in hell for some decent gear.
Is it just me or do bosses seem to not drop any thing but blues.

I still have not got a single set item, and still only one legendary item and im halfway thru hell. :childplease:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Im not to inferno yet, where are some decent spots to farm in hell for some decent gear.
Is it just me or do bosses seem to not drop any thing but blues.

I still have not got a single set item, and still only one legendary item and im halfway thru hell. :childplease:

I have 2 60s in inferno. I havnt got a single set item and ive only found 1 legendary (sold it for only 50k :dry: ) amd 1 legendary pattern ( not worth much either)

Diablo is a game that takes months to get great gear for a single character let alone multiple.

People forget this cause they didnt start playing diablo until dupes were around and uniques were better than rares. Which isnt the case here and in diablo 2 CLASSIC. Its better this way in the long run, trust me.

Also mowgli, friend you want to go similiar to a demon hunter, low life bit high damage in inferno.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I havent got a single set or a legendary yet :what:

whoever said 60 legendarys...must be talking about rares

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Diablo is a game that takes months to get great gear for a single character let alone multiple.

People forget this cause they didnt start playing diablo until dupes were around and uniques were better than rares. Which isnt the case here and in diablo 2 CLASSIC. Its better this way in the long run, trust me.

Also mowgli, friend you want to go similiar to a demon hunter, low life bit high damage in inferno.

Nah man even playing D2 casual as a new player with no MF you would still encounter uniques and set items over regular play, even on normal.
Understandbly most of them were junk low lvl items, but still they were good for that level.
Bosses also seemed to also drop at least one unique, even on normal.
Here Im in NM and hell and seeing nothing but blues from them.
Im sure Inferno has loot, and thats where the top tier stuff should be, but what about the mid range equips?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

ok if you feel that way, but lets not act like in D2 there werent useless ass skills and you werent conserving skill points to invest in something good at the start EVERY TIME.

remember hydra in D2 ? unlike D3, it was fukking useless
raven has the same usefulness for DH as he had for the druid in D2
increase stamina skill by the bab ? :rudy: useless. in fact the WHOLE concept of stamina got useless in the end game completely

and so on...at the end of the day D2 was filled with the same builds more or less. I agree that automatically assigning atts on levelups is a step back, but otherwise...I like that I can respec without making a new character.

especially in inferno of this game...if you used up your skills on something stupid and they were set in stone...youd be making 5 new characters and shiit