Official Deadpool Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:whoa:

I would like to take this time to thank marvel for giving audiences humor and one liners everyone in the theatre will understand:mjpls:...Movie wasn't as funny for me as I thought,I wont take too much credit away,half of its just not my brand of humor,and a lot of references I didn't know wtf he was talking about but the theatre was laughing:mjcry:.

I'll mostly blame the budget for me not liking it,wasnt too much action outside of what I alrledy saw in the trailers.....Considering his power I would've liked to see him maybe take more damage,or even be willing to do damage to himself to inflict damage on others like in that scene where he flips the car:banderas:....But I guess his healing power isn't as fast as Wolverines is.

That Colossus fight scene was the shyt though,and his trainee had nice powers even though I couldn't tell exactly what her power was....Hope her and Colossus show back up in a xmen movie....It was cool they didn't try to force those characters to fit in and be rated r just because Deadpool and this movie was....Love story didn't really work for me all that much,couldve killed her off and threw more action in....also the villain in this movie was one of the best I've ever seen in a comic movie,you really did want to see Francis get his azz killed:banderas:...Regardless of him not having any power

My biggest complaint is not enough action though,but I guess that has to be blamed on budget....But it was still enjoyable though,less movie needs more action,I got hype for a bloody gun battle when he packed up his gunbag,only for him to leave them in a cab:wtb:...the cab scene was funny but still....ANd I guess with that budget they couldn't afford to have Colossus in human form and show him transform:mjlol:

Next movie supposedly will have Cable,hopefully it wont be that old azz looking man I've been seeing in this thread campaigning for it....Cable has grey hair but I don't think he's supposed to look that damn :flabbynsick:,I think his hair is just gray from stress.

But I think its cool how flexible this franchise is though,it could go from being a full out old school action film with big gun battles and explosions,to abloody,action,fight movie like The Raid....To being a movie set in space like GOTG:wow:....This is probably the only comic movie that can do that.
Deadpools regen is actually faster than Logans. Logans advantage is his admantium makes him harder to cut through like how Deadpool cut his hand off.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Why do i have a feeling for the sequel FOX is gonna be like "Good job but we'll take it from here Ryan. Here's a pay raise though :troll:"
:russ:Nah the original writers and producers on it are said to be coming back. Hopefully they won't shyt on them with the budget this time though Fox:ufdup:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Fox make it happen.
12751251_1513822045590436_796608466_n.jpg

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
James Gunn doesn't think HollyWood will understand the success of Deadpool.

"The film has a self-deprecating tone that’s riotous. It’s never been done before. It’s poking fun at Marvel. That label takes itself so seriously, can you imagine them making fun of themselves in a movie? They’d rather stab themselves."

That's a quote from Deadline Hollywood, attributing it to a Hollywood "suit." I love Deadline and get a lot of my film business news from them. And I love Deadpool even more - the film is hilariously funny, has lots of heart, and is exactly what we need right now, taking true risks in spectacle film - but COME THE fukk ON. That's no reason to rewrite history. This quote has to have been said by the dumbest fukking Hollywood exec in the history of dumb fukking Hollywood execs.

Let's ignore Guardians for a moment, a movie that survives from moment to moment building itself up and cutting itself down - God knows I'm biased about that one. But what do you think Favreau and Downey did in Iron Man? What the fukk was Ant-Man??!

Come on, Deadline.

After every movie smashes records people here in Hollywood love to throw out the definitive reasons why the movie was a hit. I saw it happen with Guardians. It "wasn't afraid to be fun" or it "was colorful and funny" etc etc etc. And next thing I know I hear of a hundred film projects being set up "like Guardians," and I start seeing dozens of trailers exactly like the Guardians trailer with a big pop song and a bunch of quips. Ugh.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Deadpool wasn't that. Deadpool was its own thing. THAT'S what people are reacting to. It's original, it's damn good, it was made with love by the filmmakers, and it wasn't afraid to take risks.

For the theatrical experience to survive, spectacle films need to expand their definition of what they can be. They need to be unique and true voices of the filmmakers behind them. They can't just be copying what came before them.

So, over the next few months, if you pay attention to the trades, you'll see Hollywood misunderstanding the lesson they should be learning with Deadpool. They'll be green lighting films "like Deadpool" - but, by that, they won't mean "good and original" but "a raunchy superhero film" or "it breaks the fourth wall." They'll treat you like you're stupid, which is the one thing Deadpool didn't do.

But hopefully in the midst of all this there will be a studio or two that will take the right lesson from this - like Fox did with Guardians by green-lighting Deadpool - and say - "Boy, maybe we can give them something they don't already have."

And that's who is going to succeed.

Have a great day.

James Gunn

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Just got back from seeing this.
shyt was great. Its actually a pretty sweet valentines movie too.

This set a bar for the rest of the superhero movies coming this year IMO. Can't wait for the sequel.
because it was rated R

Don't forget that.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they showed garbage trailers at mine. i don't even remember any.

can't stop thinking about how much some people were laughing at this. How can you audibly guffaw after the line "i'd hate to be the guy who pressures her in to post prom sex" or whatever after it's been in a trailer for over a month? do i just give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he never saw it despite it being on every channel every minute?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
they showed garbage trailers at mine. i don't even remember any.

can't stop thinking about how much some people were laughing at this. How can you audibly guffaw after the line "i'd hate to be the guy who pressures her in to post prom sex" or whatever after it's been in a trailer for over a month? do i just give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he never saw it despite it being on every channel every minute?
You like the word "guffaw" huh?